• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making an event trigger another event via touch

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Does anybody know how I can make an event trigger another event when it touches said event? In a game I am working on, the player is racing several NPCs and I want the NPCs to trigger an event if they cross the finish line first.

Sparkin

RPG Maker XP doesn't have the option to make one event trigger another via touch, so instead you'll have to work with variables.

You can either set up a variable that increases when a NPC moves towards the goal, and have a conditional branch where when your variable reaches the number of steps required to reach the goal, and have an event happen.

There's another way to do it, but it's a little bit more complicated (plus, a lot more eventing)

Last edited:
Back