• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Hacker needs Feedback

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Hello guys,
My Name is Ogu and I have a little bit experience with Gen 3 Rom Hacking.
The only things I did were writing scripts for NPC's and Trainers, Pokemon with G3HS and playing around with Advance Map.
This time i want to start a serious try and am planning a huge Project which might take years to complete.
What I want to know now before I start, what other People would think of this Idea. So let's start.

I want to make a game with Kanto and Johto. You get to choose in which town you want to start your journey. Your decision will change the possible starter Pokemon. For example if you start in Pallet Town you get to choose between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. But if you would start in Viridian City the starter choices will be all 2 evo Ground Types or Lavender Town would be Ghost only and so on. The types would match the city you are starting. The base stats for every starter will be changed to make it balanced. I am planning different trainer sprites for every city too. So you might look different depending on where you start. You can choose to start in either Kanto or Johto.

The game will be HM free. Every Pokemon who is a flying type will be able to fly to any city you were in. Likewise every water type will be able to Surf without knowing the move.

You will be able to fight the Gyms in any order you like. The amount of badges you own will change the Gym Leader and Trainers Pokemon and their levels. This will be hell lot of work!! hehe

I think that should be enough for now to get feedback and eventually a few questions from this community.
Love y'all, Ogu

Edit: This was a bit rushed. I have a few more Ideas which I did not add to this thread. But first I want you guys to react to only this. Thanks in advance!!
And if you have suggestions, criticism or tips I would like to hear them.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned is available in the ASM resources thread. The HM thing is also something I worked on some years ago (I think someone made a patch for it and added a few things?).

The starting location choice seems interesting, but I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to give away a ghost type so early. Gastly is strong :)

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
If I do it like that I will balance all starter to a range of the same total base stats like the real starters but yeah Ghost can really be an issue that means that the Wild Pokemon around Lavandia need to know non Normal moves to make that work

Thanks for the hint!

Back