• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: I don't know much about the new series at all....sorry! Please let me know your suggestion, so I can make a call on it though!

IC: Skye was intent on getting to the Pokemon Center. Agile wasn't doing so well, and Skye feld so bad for letting the little Pikachu down. She took no notice of the tracks Duc had seen, nor the storm clouds that were collecting in the sky above...

OOC: I almost spelled sky like Skye! LOL

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
OOC: I'm joining this RPG. Gots two Pokemon and I've already cleared that with Skye. Here's a profile, formatted as normal for this RPG...
Name: Peter Gable
Starting Pok?mon: Squirtle ("Squirt"), Caterpie ("Capie")
Physical Description: Average build, salt & pepper hair, blue eyes.
Gear: Wears khaki-color cargo pants and a black T-shirt. Has a large backpack, and one of those "Radio Flyer" wagons in which he carries a tent and bedroll (they don't take up much space).
Personality: Peter is convinced that Pok?mon are just as intelligent as humans, so he gives his an unusual amount of respect... referring to them as his "friends", letting them choose their own nicknames, and for the most part letting them stay out of their Pok?balls.
IC:

"Well I'd say that went well, eh guys?"
"Squirtle squirt!"
"Caterpie!"
Peter was just getting back from a good round of battle practice with Squirt and Capie, and they were heading to Viridian to pick up some supplies and have a well-earned dinner at the nearest fast food outlet. As they were going towards the city limits, they noticed a frantic trainer running towards the city, with a beat-up Pikachu in his hands and several other trainers close behind him.
Darn, that looks bad... thought Peter. He then spoke up to Squirt, who was riding in the wagon behind him, on top of the luggage. "Whaddaya say we catch up to that fellow and the Pikachu and see what happened?" "Squir squirtle!", the turtle agreed. So, they took off after the group, Peter in the lead and his wagon barreling along behind.

Years
OOC: Don't worry, I can tell you all about the new series so far! If you want, Skye, I could PM (private message) you about what happened so far, though it may spoil the series for ya! If you want to know, just PM me back!

IC: "Pikachu, hang on. It's just a little further..." It was getting dark. The sun had already gone below the mountains.

After running for what seemed like forever, the Pok?mon Center was in view. "Comon guys, we're almost there!"

Another boy seemed to notice Duc and the rest of the group. The boy caught up with the group. "Sorry, but I can't talk right not, my Pikachu and Skye's are in serious trouble!"

Just then, the Pok?mon Center's security gates were starting to come down. "Oh man, not now!!!" Without thinking of the consequences, Duc dove for the door. The doors opened, but the gate was still coming down. If it weren't for his framed hiking backpack, Duc could have been crushed by the gate. The gate was jammed long enough for the group and the new companion to slip through.

"I need help right away!" yelled Duc while lying on the floor of the Pok?mon Center.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: Duc, I PMed you back, and explained my decision....hope it's okay with you!! (Now I understand the footprints thing from your earlier rp message!! LOL)

IC: "Wow, Duc, thanks," Skye said, as she and the group brushed themselves off. "That was really brave of you!!"

They headed to the Pokemon Center, less worried now than before, as the Pokemon Center was in easy reach. Nurse Joy took both Pikachus, as well as the other tired Pokemon to heal them. Skye took this oppertunity to talk to the new trainer that had been following them.

"Hi," she said kindly, plopping down in a chair in the lobby. "I'm Skye, from Celadon City. Oh! What an adorable Squirtle and Caterpie! Do they have nicknames??"

Skye jumped as thunder crashed outside. A thunderstorm had been brewing while they had been walking. She looked completely terrified for a few seconds.

"Sorry," she said apologetically, as the companions she had been traveling with took seats around her and the new trainer as well. "I hate thunderstorms."

Years
OOC: Yeah I read it, and I PMed you back, Skye. If you didn't guess already, I've watched the shows for some time now. I hope I didn't spoil anyhting for you! I hope you can answer more of my questions.

IC:"Thanks but in case you're wondering, I was doing this for the Pok?mon. Sorry if you get confused with anything." Duc answered. He looked back at the backpack that helped them get in the Pok?mon Center. It didn't seemed to have taken any damage at all from the gate. (Pok?mon Centers have curfews, so they close down after night.) Duc examined the pack and found everything intact.

The thunderstorm continued on. "Geez, these storms had always freaked me out." Thunder roared outside. One clap startled Duc, causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground. "Ouch, that's smarts!"

After getting up, Duc apoligized and introduced himself. "Sorry if I was rude or anything, but anyways, welcome to the group!"

Nurse Joy came to the group and talked about the Pikachu. "Skye's Pikachu is fine. All she needs is a good night's sleep. On the other hand, your Pikachu is in no condition to do anything for at least a week! It's body was pushed far too much in a battle you had. You really shouldn't have Pok?mon if you aren't a responsible trainer!"

Duc flinched at the nurse's comment. Saddened, he left for an assigned bunk bed alone, hiding his eyes behind his hat.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
Peter smiled. It'll be interesting traveling with other people, instead of just these guys, he thought. Then, he answered Duc and Skye's introduction. "My name's Peter, nice to meet you. This Squirtle is named Squirt, and the Caterpie is named Capie. They chose their own names, see." "Capie! Capie!" the Caterpie added proudly.

It was about this time that Nurse Joy came in and gave her pronouncement about the two Pikachus. Peter looked with a concerned expression at Duc as he left for a bed. Turning to Skye, he said, "It's an easy mistake for a trainer to make, I'm sure. Many trainers end up focusing so much on winning that they don't notice what's happening to the Pok?mon who are doing the real work. I think Nurse Joy was too hard on him; it was probably just a mistake. He just needs to be sure to avoid it in the future."

Peter paused for a moment, and then finally decided to ask, "So, what happened with those Pikachus anyway? I'm curious, see."

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"It's great to meet you, Peter," Skye said, smiling, happy that Agile would be okay. "To answer your question about our Pikachu, Duc was in the forest just outside of town training, or trying to catch Pokemon or something. He must have startled three Staryu, because they started to attack him and Pikachu. I heard him yelling, and I came to help...Agile tried to recharge Duc's Pikachu with her own electircity, but Pikachu still wasn't doing so well. I know things will get better for the both of them once Pikachu is stronger. He's a good person, and he seems to work really well with his Pokemon. I'm glad to have met him. I was really usure of myself when I started out, but now that I've met all these trainers, I feel a lot better."

A clap of thunder made her jump. When se did so, she saw a saddened Duc travel towards his bunk with a sullen expression. Her happy expression had faded.

"That storm is getting pretty bad...I hope we don't loose power or anythin!" Skye said. She looked at Peter. "Please excuse me for a little while...I'm going to see what I can do to make Duc feel better."

She started over to Duc, her face becoming more solemn as she realized what a critical condition his Pikachu was in. She did not know what she would do in the same situation.

"Hey, Duc," she said, softly and cautiously, as not to upset him further. She paused and bit her lower lip before continuing. "I'm sure your Pikachu will be fine. Nurse Joy will take good care of it, and I'm sure it'll be much stronger for it! Can I get you a soda or something to make you feel any better?"

Just then, a clap of thunder, louder than all the ones before, as if it had struck the roof of the Pokemon Center, struck loudly. A second later, the lights went out!!!

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
WELL then... Peter thought. He took off his backpack and began to rummage around in it. I know I've got a flashlight here somewhere...

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
ooc: Duc im really sorry for my mistake, I just did'nt know. I promise I wont do it next time.:D

"Duc,Skye,Peter,Thomas?.....are you all ok?"whispered lex in terror as the thunder roared.The room was pitch black."Guys..."whispered lex "im scared!"Lex heard no response exept for the thunder.He attempted once more "guys..."he waited for a reponse....................

Prof. Pine

Hero of Winds and Dreams
Years
"I'm all right,and nice to meet you Lex,"said thomas looking over at the two new people,"nice to meet you to Peter."

"Well this is a bad storm I must say,"Thomas mummered looking out the window.

CRASH!

All the sudden the lights went out,"I've got some flashlights in my backpack any one need any?"asked Thomas as he search his Backpack.(wich was pretty hard due to the power shortage)

Years
The thunderstorm was roaring outside. After a few minutes, the emergency generator kicked in, tuning on all the lights, though they were dim.

"Thanks for talking to me, Skye. I'm just down about things recently. First, I had trouble even persuading my dad to let me start my training. Then I was somewhat scared of the fact that I'd be leaving home again. I did say I was from Cerulean City, but that was after I moved from Saffron City. I lost contact with my friends there. Pikachu also lost many buddies there." Duc wiped a tear from his cheek. "I'm glad to be part of your group Skye."

Finally feeling up a bit, Duc decided to leave the room and talk to the rest of his friends. "Hey guys. Hope the dark didn't scare ya!"

Suddenly, a female officer came in, wondering how everything is doing. Some trainers were startled by the outage, but most are asleep. She took a peek at the ER's window and saw an injured Pikachu. Duc came around as well to check on his Pikachu. "Is this your Pikachu?" asked the officer. "Yeah, it's been my buddy since it was a baby."
"Well, your Pikachu seems to be better off than another trainer's Pikachu that came by some time ago."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Somehow, that trainer's Pikachu became very healthy in a matter of hours. Wanna hear the rest of the story?"
"Sure."
"Well, as soon as the Pikachu got out of the ER, a gang known as Team Rocket showed up out of nowhere and started to attack the trainer. Luckly for him, a female trainer stepped up to slow them down while that trainer and the nurse escaped. Eventually though, Team Rocket cornered that trainer. Pikachu with the help of others, zapped them until the whole center exploded! Hard to believe huh?"
"Wait, you know that trainer's name?"
"I believe it was Ash..."
Upon hearing his name, Duc became fanatical and asked her all sorts of questions about him.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: for those who are confused...my only suggestion as a person new to moderating an rpg is that try as best you can to keep up with each post. Granted, there are a lot of characters, and I understand that it can get pretty confusing, so I would like to ask that all participants try to keep writing along with whatever the last person wrote. I'm afraid i may have to close this board and allow no new members on, so please bear with me as I try to sort it all out!

Okay, so here is the lowdown, and I hope this will clear up the confusion.

Thomas, Duc, Lex, Peter, and Skye have reached Viridian City. During their travels to this city, Duc and Skye's Pikachus were very exhaused and not doing so well. A thunderstorm hit the Pokecenter (where we all are now), and caused a power outage, but due to the backup generator, everything is now under control. Duc's Pikachu is not fairing as well as Skye's is, and he's really upset about it. Peter has just joined the group and is getting to know everyone. As of now, before I post my IC part, Duc is conversing with Officer Jenny about Ash and Team Rocket.

And now, ladies and gentlemen...I will begin my rp part of the post!

IC: Skye listened intently to the conversation between Officer Jenny and Duc. Team Rocket...wonderful... (note sarcasm!!)

"I am so glad that thunderstorm is over with," Skye sighed, sinking into a chair amongst her friends. "Hopefully it will be a clear day tomorrow!"

Skye called her refreshed Pokemon (with the exception of Agile, who was resting still) out of their Pokeballs. Sticky (Caterpie), Fury (Spearow), and Ninja (Staryu) all chilled out around her, worried about the fate of the two Pikachu.

"How are you doing, Lex?" Skye asked. "I hope the thunderstorm didn't scare you as much as it did me! I heard you yelling for us...you're okay though, right?"

Years
OCC: Sorry for any confusion I've caused! Skye, you might have to limit the number of players soon, unfortunately. Oh yeah, no problem, Lex!

IC: Unaware of the conversation going on within the group, Duc asked, begged, pleaded, and other ways to get all of the information about Ash from Officer Jenny.

After realizing the time, Duc apoligizes, and explains his fanaticism about Ash. She seemed to understand. "Before you leave, could you tell me when was the last time Ash stopped by here?"
"I believe he just left for Pallet Town this afternoon." replied a tired Officer Jenny.

Something snapped within Duc. He ran to the nearest videophone and called Professor Oak. A tired Tracey appeared on the phone. "WHERE'S ASH?!?!?" yelled Duc. Recovering from the sound blast, Tracey replied "He's at home, but it's late now and I bet he's asleep, so you should call him tomorrow."

"Oh.... I guess your right. Sorry if I woke you up!" Duc hung up the phone, still filled with energy knowing that he could actually talk to his idol, the Pok?mon Trainer known as Ash.

Realizing that there was no one left to call since it is late, he came up to the group. "Sorry I ran from you guys. I just had some issues to take care of. I--" Duc's stomach rumbled. Embarrassed, Duc said "Uh... I forgot I haven't eaten since this morning! Does anyone have any food they can share? The Pok?mon Center's cafeteria is closed now."

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
"I got some granola bars..." Peter offered, reaching into his backpack an pulling out a couple. "Also some of Brock's Famous Pok?food but I don't think you'd like that."

Years
"Sure, I'll take anything! My Pikachu ate the last of the apples on the way to Pallet Town anyways." said Duc politely.
Before munching on the granola bars, he wondered about the Pok?mon food. "Wait a sec, where'd you get those Pok?mon pellets? And who were they from???"

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
This rpg is now closed to people who have not yet joined. It will get way too confusing if anyone else joins! Thank you, and on with the role play!!

IC: Skye yawned, and looked behind her at the clock. It was already 10 PM!

"I think we should get an early start tomorrow if we are going to make it to Pewter to battle with Brock," she said, watching Duc and Peter munching on some snacks. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna go to bed!"

She got up and stretched, and called her Pokemon back into their Pokeballs for the night. She went into the bathroom to change into some pajamas, and then headed off to a bunk to sleep.

"Night, everyone!" she called to the others.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
dqle said:
"Sure, I'll take anything! My Pikachu ate the last of the apples on the way to Pallet Town anyways." said Duc politely.
Before munching on the granola bars, he wondered about the Pok?mon food. "Wait a sec, where'd you get those Pok?mon pellets? And who were they from???"
"From Brock, the Pewter Gym Leader," Peter explained. "See, I've been to Pewter City before... he's a real nice guy. Even though Squirt didn't want to fight him just yet, we still got the base recipie for his Pok?mon food."

Prof. Pine

Hero of Winds and Dreams
Years
"well it is getting late and we should get an early start,"said Thomas as he looked down at his watch,"I'll see everyone tomorrow!"

With that Thomas let his Poliwag and Bulbasuar out of their pokeballs and went to the bunks.

Years
"Whoa, you've met Brock?!?! When did he get back???" Duc asked gleefully. "See, I'm probably the greatest fan of Ash, but I'm also the greatest fan of all of his friends as well!"

Duc was about to proceed with the questioning when his stomach interrupted again as well as a headache. "Ugg... better take Thomas' advice and head for bed. We all should. But first the bars!" With that, Duc hurriedly ate the rest of the granola bars. He then walked by the ER again, checking on Pikachu.

"Don't worry. I know how you hate confined places, but you'll get out of there in no time..." he whispered. Duc then followed Thomas to the bunks. "Night guys."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back