• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
I have two questions regarding the gameplay of hacked pokemon games. Sorry if these have been asked before though.

1. Can you still trade Pokemon to other version ? If you can, can the tradings be done to :
- the same game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Naranja)
- other hacked game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Shiny Gold)
- other official game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Emerald)

2. Which is better, using in-game save or using the save state feature from VBA ?

Thank you. And once again, sorry if these questions have been asked before or if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
I have two questions regarding the gameplay of hacked pokemon games. Sorry if these have been asked before though.

1. Can you still trade Pokemon to other version ? If you can, can the tradings be done to :
- the same game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Naranja)
- other hacked game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Shiny Gold)
- other official game (ex: Pokemon Naranja with Pokemon Emerald)

2. Which is better, using in-game save or using the save state feature from VBA ?

Thank you. And once again, sorry if these questions have been asked before or if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.
Yes u can trade if the 2nd level of pkmn center is accessible in the said hack.... however

if the dex has been changed like where one pkmn is or if one was removed, then bad eggs could show up....

i use both save types, but for the reg mke shure to change it to the 128 flash 1st

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
You have to use a different color that is similar to Black, But it isn't. You can use navy blue(Real Dark) or a Really Dark Brown. Or you can use the black that is above his teeth and paste it onto the other black spots, with Paintbucket.

My Question: I'm trying to edit the connection of New bark town, So Far I have this:
[24][4][2-Byte connection pointer][08][9][10][Y position of Hiro][X position of Hiro][05]

I have no clue what the things Bracketed([ ]'s) are. Can anyone(preferably a gold hacker) help?

Before I insert it, I want to know if this will work:
Code:
[B]001225a0:[/B]  6a 47 4c b2 65 53 49 1f 20 05 87 47 4c c4 65 53 49 00 87 a4  
[B]001225b4:[/B]  b1 a4 f4 4f b2 ae ac a4 7f a8 b3 a4 ac b2 e7 00 86 ae b3 7f 
[B]001225c8:[/B]  b3 a7 a4 7f 88 b3 a4 ac e7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Everything is bracketed [ ], I think the first two might involve the map bank etc. but I am not 100% sure about that. The 2-byte connection pointer is for where the connection will be on the map and the X and Y positions should be where Hiro ends up being.

With that code what shall it do? So I can understand and see if there are any problems.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009
When I try to use BASEedit it gives me an error saying 'Supported ROM, but monster names are not specified in database.' How do I fix this?

Years
In A-Map how do you add By Headers i.e the folders like pallet town ,etc. If it is the create name button in the header view of a map then plz tell me a way to enable the button b'cause its diabled. Ty in advance.

A puzzled Friend,
Opeious.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
When I try to use BASEedit it gives me an error saying 'Supported ROM, but monster names are not specified in database.' How do I fix this?

Well using a FR/LG/E ROM won't help, you can always edit the Pokemon's stats using hex.

opeius said:
In A-Map how do you add By Headers i.e the folders like pallet town ,etc. If it is the create name button in the header view of a map then plz tell me a way to enable the button b'cause its diabled. Ty in advance.

A puzzled Friend,
Opeious.

You can always go File > Map > Insert Map to add in more maps then just fix up the options.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
opeius said:
Thats what i m asking what are the options to be fixed.

In the last option "Create new Spot" add in a Bank and an amount of new maps then click "Create and Insert".

Years
In the last option "Create new Spot" add in a Bank and an amount of new maps then click "Create and Insert".
It always gets added into the folder "Pallet town" or the one which i select. I want to create a new folder like "Vallet town", how do i do it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
So you're saying that FR/LG ROMs aren't compatible with BASEedit?

Also... is there a way to edit a Poke's ability?

Pokemon Amplifier should be able to edit stats. Otherwise hex would be your answer.

opeius said:
It always gets added into the folder "Pallet town" or the one which i select. I want to create a new folder like "Vallet town", how do i do it?

You need to add in a new header using hex, then you add in the new map info such as connections etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2009
Is there a way to edit a pokemons name? I mean change the name registered on the pokedex. Not nickname.

Years
Uhm..not sure if this is the right topic..but CyclonePrototype needs a missing file thingy...
and I'm unable to find it so I was thinking if maybe one of you knows what it is and could upload it or PM a site where I can find it I'd appreciate it..:)

Years
Is there a way to edit a pokemons name? I mean change the name registered on the pokedex. Not nickname.
There is a program named N-E-A, Witch is used to change the pokemon name

Uhm..not sure if this is the right topic..but CyclonePrototype needs a missing file thingy...
and I'm unable to find it so I was thinking if maybe one of you knows what it is and could upload it or PM a site where I can find it I'd appreciate it..:)
This is answered before by HackMew.
Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
COMDLG32.OCX
MSCOMCTL.OCX
MSVBVM60.DLL
FM20.DLL
olepro32.dll
Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
No I mean ability as in Metagross has Clear Body and Lotad has Rain Dish..

THOSE abilities.

Try iAmp_2006-Ae_1.2.0.0.zip it should contain nearly everything to edit the rom, including those abilitys.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Everything is bracketed [ ], I think the first two might involve the map bank etc. but I am not 100% sure about that. The 2-byte connection pointer is for where the connection will be on the map and the X and Y positions should be where Hiro ends up being.

With that code what shall it do? So I can understand and see if there are any problems.
The Script already works, so I don't need help with it. I have a problem, with a script. I insert it, and change the text block and text bank, and everything...But the game either opens a text box with no text or freeze, or Restarts.

6A 74 00 03 0A 47 4C xx xx 54 4E 09 xx xx 4C xx xx 53 49 90
the 09 xx xx points to 00 2D 01 05

(Btw, What happens if you say no, comes after the 09 xx xx. Just to let you know....xD)
You don't need the 73 xx Command anymore either, and yes, I tried the script both with, and without the 73 xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back