• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You need a badge before you can trade on all the games i believe. Though yes i'm pretty sure i saw that you need the first badge to be able to access wifi/gts trade at least.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I have White 2, but I got Platinum this summer and want to play through it first. However, a couple Mystery Gifts have come up so far that I want (singing Pochama, Genosect), and I did receive them both, but haven't started a new game yet (this is a brand new game, by the way, so it has no previous save file on it). I heard I can receive these when I do start a new game. So do I just get them at the game's first Pokemon Center when I start playing? And will I be able to receive both, still? Finally, is there any limit to the Mystery Gifts I can stock up to have waiting for me in the game?

SirSagaris

Glalie, Water Pkmn Collector
Years
I haven't heard much about B/W 2 so I have a few questions..

. Will we be able to migrate Pokemon from (e.g.) Emerald into B/W?
. Will Snorunt and Surskit be somewhere in B/W? Please say they are!

Years
I haven't heard much about B/W 2 so I have a few questions..

. Will we be able to migrate Pokemon from (e.g.) Emerald into B/W?
. Will Snorunt and Surskit be somewhere in B/W? Please say they are!

Let me answer that for you.

1. Yes you can, but you need to defeat the Elite Four and obtain the National Pokedex first. You will need to transfer from Emerald to either Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver before you send them over to B/W.

2. Nope, they can only be obtained by trade or Poke Transfer.

Last edited:

SirSagaris

Glalie, Water Pkmn Collector
Years
Thanks for confirming!

At least we can migrate now in B/W 2. It was a real drag not being able to migrate Pokemon into B/W, but now i'm happy. I can finally migrate Surskit into the game and have Masquerain! :D
Unfortunately, I will not be able to get Snorunt because the internal battery in all my Gen 3 games have run dry so the tides in Shoal Cave won't go out, blah blah blah... aaand I can't get Snorunt.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Thanks for confirming!

At least we can migrate now in B/W 2. It was a real drag not being able to migrate Pokemon into B/W, but now i'm happy. I can finally migrate Surskit into the game and have Masquerain! :D
Unfortunately, I will not be able to get Snorunt because the internal battery in all my Gen 3 games have run dry so the tides in Shoal Cave won't go out, blah blah blah... aaand I can't get Snorunt.

To migrate Pokémon from Gen III games, just be aware you need to first migrate them to a gen IV game, then to B2W2 from that game. Snorunt and Surskit can still be both obtained in the Dream World.

Years
I have a quick question about ROM's. (I'm asking how to obtain it).

I just ask to people who played to B2/W2 : the rom was in english or in japanese ?

It's just my curiosity ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have a quick question about ROM's. (I'm asking how to obtain it).

I just ask to people who played to B2/W2 : the rom was in english or in japanese ?

It's just my curiosity ;)

By default they're in Japanese because the English versions aren't released yet. However some versions are pre-patched with the English language (for the most part, being fan-translated), or you have to put on the English patch yourself. It just depends on what ROM you download.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
In White 2's White Forest, how do I get the Ace Trainer to move out of the way? I want an EXP share so badly...

Also to answer my own question I had to defeat Adler first before I can VS trainers in White Forest.

Last edited:

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Does Black and White 2 have any pre-order bonuses in USA or Canada so far?

How do you get the Therian formes for the Kami Trio?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Does Black and White 2 have any pre-order bonuses in USA or Canada so far?

How do you get the Therian formes for the Kami Trio?

No, no pre-order bonus. May have sales release day, but no place has Pre-Order bonuses.

Therian forms, You have to catch the Kami on the 3DS' Dream Radar and send them in Therian form to your B2W2. If not, then you have to transfer Landorus to B2W2 from B/W to get the Mirror that will transform the normal ones to Therian Form.

lasttfarewell

hiatus till december :<
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
pardon me and my silly question but ._.
is it worth to get pokemon b2/w2 even if i have both black and white already? :/

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

is it worth to get pokemon b2/w2 even if i have both black and white already? :/

Probably because this is a whole new game, taking place four years later, with many older Pokemon and a few new areas, as well as a few new features :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back