• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

OU My first Team

Years
Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Night Shade

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

What do you think about my first team, give me rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A nitpick here, but Scizor should use an Adamant nature and 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe to make the most out of its power and defensive capabilities. Technician is also the preferred ability to boost Bullet Punch's power.

Latios currently is walled by Heatran. Hard. Surf is its best bet for dealing with it; you may have to give up Psyshock or Recover for it. You might as well go with a 252/252 EV spread because I don't really see what purpose your current spread serves.

Other than that, your team looks fine, apart from the fact that half your team is vulnerable to Dark Pokemon like Tyranitar. I'll let someone else figure out what else to add.

Years
Add Lucario with modest nature and Aura sphere. Dark types are pretty much screwed.

You may want to consider giving Deoxys
Stealth Rock
Spike
Thunderbolt or Hidden Power (Fire)
Psycho Boost or Psychic

Thunderbolt covers the common water typed rapid spinners (that clear entry hazards) and Hidden Power (Fire) covers foretress (choose which depending on what you feel your team needs more.
In general either HP(F) or Thunderbolt also cover big threats to Deoxys. Psycho Boost is good for general cover and gets STAB but there are plenty of other viable options but I'd actually use Psychic since it has no drop and is still powerful with STAB.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You may want to consider giving Deoxys
Stealth Rock
Spike
Thunderbolt or Hidden Power (Fire)
Psycho Boost or Psychic

Yeah but that Deoxys set requires 48 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 208 Speed. Whereas Shiny Glurak is clearly going for a bulkier spread.

This is a very solid looking team you got here. As you stated, you do have problems with Dark and Ghost type Pokemon, have you considered testing out another Special Attack / Speed oriented pokemon in place of Gengar? Volcarona becomes viable out of sun when it gets Roost?

There are also little things you can do to help with Dark Pokemon, like giving Latios HP [Fighting], but that ends up being rather moot considering all you would be giving up.

Anyway, well done! I look forward to seeing any updates on this team! :]

Years
PlatinumDude said that I have Problems with Dark Pokemon but I haven't realize that yet.

I want to have a bulkie Deoxys, not really an offensive one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
this is a good team. It may be personal preference but I think that using an iron plate swords dance scizor and switching rotom-w to a chesto rest variant would really help in putting offensive pressure on this team. if you run a scizor set with u-turn swords dance bullet punch roost with a spread of 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SDef iron plate and an adamant nature then you can bluff a choice band set. this allows you to put offensive pressure on your opponent early on by using u-turn until scizor's counters are weakened which can work excellently with spikes. the same idea works with chesto rest rotom-w as well, that can run a set of volt switch hydro pump will-o-wisp rest with a spread of 236 HP / 56 SAtk / 216 Spe and a modest nature. I feel that you could use a dedicated slot to a better scarf pkmn. Moxie Heracross is actually really cool and very potent especially on teams like this. It might be worth a shot over keldeo as it can work very well with spikes

Back