• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Ugh entertainment

Being entertained is horrible

Anywho I would much rather listen to music or watch Soul Eater/Haruhi compulsively sort my Pokémon cards (I have issues okay) or be on PC than watching news (on TV at least), the Olympic, or anything movie or media. Though I am addicted to ABC's YouTube channel.

What, Bloodex-Haruhi-san, is your problem with movies?

Years
What? I don't understand.
He's asking why you don't like movies. Imma guessing because movies are things you have total control over watching (usually) and there are movies for all tastes so usually most people like at least a few movies.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I finished Clannad earlier. Gosh, that's not really my kind of anime, but that one was pretty good. And sad. I guess it's one of the saddest anime ever.

I think I'm now gonna watch Sword Art Online, this animé seems to have much success. Hope it'll be good.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Clannad was cool, I actually rewatched it between last December and March this year. Enjoyed it all over.

I would talk about SOA but I don't want to. I've only read the first volume anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well alright then.

This news is a few days old now but I'm gonna just say it anyway:

JOSS WHEDON HAS SIGNED ON FOR THE AVENGERS 2!!!!!

He's going to be writing and directing The Avengers 2, creating a Marvel-themed TV show for ABC, and he's going to have creative input on other Marvel projects. The deal he's inked with Marvel extends to June 2015, but I'm sure he will be entirely successful and it will be extended!

And that, my friends, is how Marvel won the age-old debate of "Marvel vs. DC". Sorry DC, maybe in another lifetime.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The DC world is still a much, much better brand in comics. :P The only time I ever like Marvel are in occasional movies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never read any comics myself so I can't say anything about them or their quality, but judging by the movies I've seen (which has actually become quite a sizeable number in recent years!) Marvel have a much more compelling roster of characters than DC. The only DC universe I'm even a little bit compelled by is Batman, and I don't even like Batman - just the characters surrounding him :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It was amazing. Well they got some of the English wrong but it was still amazing.

I buy online usually, Amazon is my usual hunting ground.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Maybe now is a good time to comment that His Holiness Joss Whedon isn't as amazing as the Whedonites make him seem.

Years
I don't know, Joss Whedon is pretty cool. Ever seen Firefly? or am I the only one? That show was the best. He also wrote or helped write the screenplay for Toy Story. !

edit: May I inquire why this thread is called the death of the C&M daily chit-chat?

Years
His Whedonness isn't a god, but he did a fine job with Avengers so I'm happy to see him make another one. It will give me a change to buy and wear this t-shirt:

thorgi.jpg

I'm less thrilled to see Joss is going to make a TV show. Firefly I liked, but not Buffy nor Angel. Dollhouse I didn't get very far into so I can't say much about it. If he's working with already established stories and characters it could be interesting. I could see him making some kind of Runaways TV series.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
He also wrote or helped write the screenplay for Toy Story. !
That he did. And I'm very thankful for that. That script laid out the foundation for the series and Pixar as a whole.

He also worked on Disney's Atlantis movie, which I enjoyed.

Avengers was also Disney. This Marvel TV show? Disney again.

So, Whedon + Disney seems to be a good match. XD

droomph

weeb
Years
Movies are boring cuz they be lonnnnggggg as hell

I personally prefer movie formats where I can fast forward through the borin parts.

Oh and speaking of Toy Story I just watched Toy Story 3 accidentally a few weeks ago.

Tbh it was a good movie from the bits I saw.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Movies are boring cuz they be lonnnnggggg as hell

I personally prefer movie formats where I can fast forward through the borin parts.

Oh and speaking of Toy Story I just watched Toy Story 3 accidentally a few weeks ago.

Tbh it was a good movie from the bits I saw.
Not all movies are that long. Movies that are only about an hour and a half are ideal for me. I like biographical films the most. I'm more of a music person than a film person though.

I really need to watch Toy Story 3. I loved the first two as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back