• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.
If they don't skip than that would mean that there is a trainer before Elesa, my guess is it's Burgh as it seems like one gets to Castelia before her city.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was..

Oh right I forgot about that. Even so, the location doesn't look directly like Undella, so the gym might be somewhere different. Besides maybe the gym could be like nearby it since it seems to be floating on something which Undella isn't.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.

Well that might be kinda awkward because we already know Homika/Shizui are water/poison exclusively, as well as Cheren as normal exclusively. Elesa could be electric/steel and relocated to the steel area but I kinda doubt it. :(

blue

gucci
Years
I think Shizui will be replacing Clay and Homika will be replacing Skyla, we know Elesa is returning, Cheren is taking Lenora's place & Brycen has some role in the game so that just leaves Drayden/Iris & The Striaton Trio who I'd assume would possibly link up with the shadow triad and Iris may have taken over Drayden for both games after his retierment for example.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Striaton guys have been confirmed not to be Triad by eyes :x Besides, if so, that'd mean there's a new gym leader so either Clay or Skyla are staying. I think it's Skyla-- if I did the maths right. XD;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Clay plz! He was much more fierce and his dialogue is too amusing. Especially with older Pokemon returning, I would love for him to remain a Gym Leader.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno I'm kinda hoping that we get more new Gyms. I still want a Dark Gym. We may not get one seeing as Homika is the final Gym in the Anime apparently since they've made no mention of Shizui in the Anime yet.

blue

gucci
Years
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.
I agree with the part about Skyla being better, but Clay had a bigger part in the story, he held the team plasma grunts in custody and met Ghetsis.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.

Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years

Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3
I would like to see Skarmory and Staraptor/Pideot on her team, that would be a huge improvement in it self

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think of Skarm more as steel than flying tbh, but Pidgeot or Staravia would greatly improve her lacking team - maybe both and a Swanna?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well I could see Shizui having a Poliwag or a Poliwhirl (and if there are rematches, later on a Politoad). There are so many choices for water types though. :c

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol

Tympole, Poliwag, and Lotad lines? (he has lily pads in his gym)

Or...Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo~

Or...Triple Ludicolo~ Just give him a Pokeball wig, some 60's threads and some grove~

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I would hope his team would be made with a mixture of water types and not evolutions of the same line. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back