• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Theós

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021

image.png

Introduction:
Hey! I'm WaterTrainer, you might know me from my almost completed game 'Pokemon Solar Light Lunar Dark' I'm already onto my next project called 'Pokemon Theós' (Theósis the Greek word for God) which is currently in the early stages of development! I'm gather up everything I need for a demo release within the next few months. Here's how the game goes!

Story:
You start your adventure in the Greek inspired region of Thrylos (Greek word for Legend). The game has you start at the end of your Trainer School Graduation, there you meet your friends/rivals who have also graduated Trainer School, having graduated, you are now legally allowed to become a Pokemon trainer! After everything settles down, you head to the Pokemon Lab to get your starter Pokemon, just before you get there you meet a boy named Calidan who is there to get his starter Pokemon too, with him, his twin sister Callista who already has a starter Pokemon. Going inside you meet Professor Carob - a young professor that is studying myths and legends, after talking to the professor you find out that his assistant who was delivering the starter Pokemon to him from Dentro Town hasn't arrived yet, even though he said he was almost there an hour ago, he asks you to head to Route 1 to find him as that's the last place he heard from him, you, along with Calidan and Callista head to Route 1 and see that the professors assistant has been cornered by 3 wild Pokemon called Possy! He asks the 3 of you to help, Callista is ready to go but she can't handle all 3 Pokemon herself so the assistant tells you and Calidan to take one of the Pokemon from his bag that is laying nearby, you do so, this is where you choose your starter Pokemon and battle the wild Possy to save the assistant! After you save the assistant, he asks you to head back with him to the lab, there the Professor thanks you and gives you and Calidan your Pokedex and tasks you with discovering the legends surrounding the Thrylos Region and uncover ancient ruins and myths. This is where the adventure begins!

Features:

• Over 200 brand new original Pokemon!
  • Some old (real) Pokemon will be found in Thrylos
  • Regional Forms of older Pokemon can be found!
  • Many characters to meet and battle
  • Hidden Grotto's make a return! And this time you can find Pokemon Eggs!
  • Quests - Help trainers and people with things they need and you will get rewards!
  • And many, many more to be included!
The 12 Tasks
Like the story of Hercules and the 12 tasks he was required to complete, Thrylos has something similar. The Thrylos, trainers can take part in 'Thrylos Tasks' throughout the region you will encounter a Task Leader who will ask you to complete a challenging task, whether it be clearing out a dungeon of wild Pokemon or traversing a tricky maze, once completing the task, you must battle the task leaders 2 understudies to prove you're worthy of battling the Task leader, once defeating the task master, you will receive a Task Medallion and a rare item. Once you have collected 8 Task Medallions you must track down the 4 Task Masters scattered throughout the region and battle them, afterwards you can enter the 'Task Trainers Championship.'
Essentially this is the gym system and trial system blended together.

Pokemon:
Thrylos is chock full of new Pokemon

Meet the Starters!
gerdg.png

Steggle
(Steg-Gool)

Leaf Spine Pokemon
Grass Type
(Ability) Overgrown
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Growl, Leafage, Bite
"Steggle are shy and timid Pokemon, not often seen by humans, when they hear something coming near, they jump into the nearest bush to hide."

Oxon
(Ox-On)

Ox Calf Pokemon
Fire Type
(Ability) Blaze
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Sand Attack, Ember, Headbutt
"Oxon have strong heads and can often be seen ramming into rocks to break them. When they battle, the horns on it's head glow hot red."

Kelpony
(Kell-Pony)

Kelpy Pokemon
Water Type
(Ability) Torrent
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Charm, Bubble, Disarming Voice
"Kelpony have the ability to camouflage themselves in water, almost turning invisible. They can make a sweet sound that can soothe any hostile soul"

Meet 3 Wild Pokemon found in Thrylos!
fghj.png

Quillit
(Quill - Lit)
Small Spike Pokemon

Normal Type
(Ability) Run Away/Unaware
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Growl, Rollout, Defense Curl
"When Quillit get scared they roll up into a spiky ball and roll away. Their spikes are soft but when attacking, they harden them up to use as defense."

Harpling
(Harp - Ling)
Harpy Chick Pokemon

Normal/Flying Type
(Ability) Big Pecks/Skill Link
Attacks it can learn: Peck, Quick Attack, Screech, Wing Attack
"Harpling spend most of their day on tree branches, watching the ground below, when they see movement, they quickly get their sharp talons ready to strike!"

Possy
Possom Pokemon

Dark Type
(Ability) Pickup/Run Away
Attacks it can learn: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Bite
"Possy are trickster Pokemon, they hide in trees and jump onto passersby to startle them and if they drop something, Possy are quick to grab it and run away."

Screenshots:
(Note: These are mock up maps, so these are not the final designs, especially the Battle Screen)
dfgffgd.png

Recruiting!:

• Mappers! - I can make maps myself but I actually need someone to but them into the game.
  • RPGMaker experts, someone who actually knows how to work RPGMaker and how to actually event and put things together.
  • Wikia - I need people to help with stats and movepools etc for the Pokemon, I'm not the best at it so someone with this knowledge would surely help!
I have most of the art side of things done and have also finished the script for the first demo so I just need someone to help me put it all together, if that's you, hit me up!

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
I hope all the fakemon aren't so cutesy and that there's some real tough looking ones in your pokedex, other than that this looks A++.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
I hope all the fakemon aren't so cutesy and that there's some real tough looking ones in your pokedex, other than that this looks A++.

I've tried to balance out the 'cute' and the 'cool' ones, there's a mix of everything, I think people will be happy with what I've come up with :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Loved playing Pokemon Solar Light Lunar Dark so i'm looking forward to getting to play this. Pokemon are looking real nice. Grass starter is my fav.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
The overworld and the sprites look so plain yet so beautiful.
Thanks! I like to keep things simple and not over overly complicated, keeping the Pokemon with a Gen 1&2 feel in their designs.

Loved playing Pokemon Solar Light Lunar Dark so i'm looking forward to getting to play this. Pokemon are looking real nice. Grass starter is my fav.

The Grass starter is actually the one I had the hardest time coming up with, I previously had 2 other Grass starters made before coming up with Steggle, Steggle's evolutions are pretty cool too.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
I've decided that every now and then I'll show off some of the Pokemon that will be in the first demo of the game, so here's the next 3 new Pokemon!

fghj1.png

Cupilla
Cute Bug Pokemon
Bug Type
Ability - Compound Eyes/Swarm
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Bug Bite, Charm, String Shot

"Cupilla are very popular with children in the Thrylos Region because of their cuteness. Their body is very bouncy which helps them escape from predators with ease."
----

Pupsy
Psy Puppy Pokemon
Psychic Type
Ability: Keen Eye/Vital Spirit
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Growl, Confusion, Astonish

"Pupsy are very loyal Pokemon. they can use their psychic abilities to heighten their senses which helps them sense coming danger."
----

Howler
Howling Pokemon
Fighting Type
Ability: Soundproof/Iron Fist
Attacks it can learn: Arm Thrust, Echoed Voice, Dizzy Punch, Howl

"When Howler feel threatened, they bang on their chest with their strong arms to create a loud drum like sound, this is to show that they're not afraid to fight."

Years
I've decided that every now and then I'll show off some of the Pokemon that will be in the first demo of the game, so here's the next 3 new Pokemon!

fghj1.png

Cupilla
Cute Bug Pokemon
Bug Type
Ability - Compound Eyes/Swarm
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Bug Bite, Charm, String Shot

"Cupilla are very popular with children in the Thrylos Region because of their cuteness. Their body is very bouncy which helps them escape from predators with ease."
----

Pupsy
Psy Puppy Pokemon
Psychic Type
Ability: Keen Eye/Vital Spirit
Attacks it can learn: Tackle, Growl, Confusion, Astonish

"Pupsy are very loyal Pokemon. they can use their psychic abilities to heighten their senses which helps them sense coming danger."
----

Howler
Howling Pokemon
Fighting Type
Ability: Soundproof/Iron Fist
Attacks it can learn: Arm Thrust, Echoed Voice, Dizzy Punch, Howl

"When Howler feel threatened, they bang on their chest with their strong arms to create a loud drum like sound, this is to show that they're not afraid to fight."
they all look awesome! definitely having Cupilla on my team!

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Oh, wow!
The Fakemon look great, and the overworld looks immense <3
Haven't seen a project that looked so appealing to me in such a long time!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Oh, wow!
The Fakemon look great, and the overworld looks immense <3
Haven't seen a project that looked so appealing to me in such a long time!

Thanks so much! I've been doing a lot of practice with tiles so make them all fit together, games like Ethereal Gates and Spectrum gave me some inspiration. :)

Side note - Still looking for people to join me on making this into a proper game :)

Years
Any idea when we'll get info on the demo? If you are still looking for someone to do movesets and or mapping, I'd be happy to give it a go. Though I am working on my own game, I really want to see this game become a realitycause im a sucker for fakemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Any idea when we'll get info on the demo? If you are still looking for someone to do movesets and or mapping, I'd be happy to give it a go. Though I am working on my own game, I really want to see this game become a realitycause im a sucker for fakemon.

I'm getting everything together/made for the demo as well as making a team so I'll be doing all that before putting a demo together, I'd rather have everything done first before having to do updates all the time :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
I'm still looking for people to join in on this project, I already have someone helping with the pokemon designs, I have all the tiles made, now needing someone to help put the game together, if you're interested, please message me!

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
This game looks super cool! I played a bit of Solar Light/Lunar Dark and really enjoyed the experience.

The Tasks sound really neat and I like the originality of the concept, it's nice to have something different. I'm also a fan of the Fakemon, with Kelpony being my favourite.

If I had a shred of talent/experience in fangame development, I'd lend a hand. However, I'll be following this closely. ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
This game looks super cool! I played a bit of Solar Light/Lunar Dark and really enjoyed the experience.

The Tasks sound really neat and I like the originality of the concept, it's nice to have something different. I'm also a fan of the Fakemon, with Kelpony being my favourite.

If I had a shred of talent/experience in fangame development, I'd lend a hand. However, I'll be following this closely. ^^

Thanks! A demo of this game shouldn't be too far away :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
I have everything ready for a short demo! I just need someone to help me put it together, I'm not having any luck with people wanting to join this project...

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
This looks really promising! I'd gladly help out with any RPG Maker issues, but I'm not too familiar with the Pokemon Essentials Kit... but I do know my way around RPG Maker itself.
Regardless, my only criticism so far is that the male protagonist looks a bit strange. Hoping that there's gonna be a female protag. Other than that, this looks really cool, and I'm really excited to try out a demo!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
This looks really promising! I'd gladly help out with any RPG Maker issues, but I'm not too familiar with the Pokemon Essentials Kit... but I do know my way around RPG Maker itself.
Regardless, my only criticism so far is that the male protagonist looks a bit strange. Hoping that there's gonna be a female protag. Other than that, this looks really cool, and I'm really excited to try out a demo!

Hey, I've got someone helping me out with RPG Maker now and we're working on the demo, as for the male protag, I'm hoping to add in trainer customization so I tried to make him look bland so that people can have them how they want.
Yes there is a female protag, at the time of the screenshots, there wasn't a overworld for her so I just used the male one.

Back