• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 371 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
downloaded the vba-m and game seems to work fine. is there any way i can use a controller to use like my xbox one? i have a hard time playing using the keys due to my hands having severe carpal tunnel.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hey uhm can anybody help me? when i want to pick a pokemon my game whitescreens is there anything thing i can do to fix this i really want to play this :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
downloaded the vba-m and game seems to work fine. is there any way i can use a controller to use like my xbox one? i have a hard time playing using the keys due to my hands having severe carpal tunnel.
Assuming you already know how to connect your controller to your computer, open VBA-M, go to Options>Input>Set>Config 1. You should be able to bind your controller to the buttons there.

Hey uhm can anybody help me? when i want to pick a pokemon my game whitescreens is there anything thing i can do to fix this i really want to play this :(
It's a visual glitch that happens with normal VBA. Try VBA-M.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Thanks i downloaded GBG and it works now im finding out where to catch some gen 5/6 mons :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
This is pretty cool! Maybe I'll play it... It's awesome that it's so easy to plug in features from other hacks, since the source code is publicly available.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Could anybody tell me where to catch like pancham or any other 6th gen poke?
If you're playing Blue, you can find Pancham easily at Route 22. You can still find it there in Red, but due to being a version exclusive here, it's pretty rare.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
This is pretty cool! Maybe I'll play it... It's awesome that it's so easy to plug in features from other hacks, since the source code is publicly available.

Glad to see you here! The disassembly is a blessing indeed. You've done some incredible stuff with the Battle Factory and Maize; I'm glad to be able to feature some of your work here!

Could anybody tell me where to catch like pancham or any other 6th gen poke?

They're around in most areas. Pancham is in Route 22 - it's very rare in Red, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
RBDX has been updated to 1.02; a bug where Shiny Stone was glitching out the bag and Floette was not able to evolve with it was pointed out. Easy fix. The OP has been updated.

Hi guys! I liked the look of this project so I've decided to spotlight it on PC's official channel. Go take a look at the video:

This is fantastic! Thank you sooo much.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
where is Pichu? I saw cleffa and igglybuff share territory with jigglypuff and clefairy but is Pichu in Viridian Forest or do I have to go to the power plant for them?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
where is Pichu? I saw cleffa and igglybuff share territory with jigglypuff and clefairy but is Pichu in Viridian Forest or do I have to go to the power plant for them?

Pichu is indeed in Viridian Forest along with Pikachu.

EDIT: 1.03 has now been released. This fixes an issue where Slowpoke wouldn't evolve via Link Stone.
EDIT2: 1.03 re-released because that update still didn't fix it (but it should be good now)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
Just Made a Video for a play-through. Awesome work so far on the hack... Well Done! :)

Welcome to Pokemon Red/Blue DX, A Whole New Colorized Version Of Red And Blue With All Generations Of Pokemon In The Game...

Again Great Work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
The game has been updated to version 1.04. A really minor fix that fixes some underleveled trainers in Saffron Gym; so you don't have to update immediately if you don't want to. The OP has been updated with some more details, specifically regarding the expected game order for Challenge Mode and what to do post-game - I had someone who thought the game was over when filled his dex... believe me, this is not the case.

Just Made a Video for a play-through. Awesome work so far on the hack... Well Done! :)

Welcome to Pokemon Red/Blue DX, A Whole New Colorized Version Of Red And Blue With All Generations Of Pokemon In The Game...

Again Great Work!

This looks fantastic! Thank you for your kind words; I hope your play through goes well! I'll be keeping an eye on it.

How does Boldore evolve in this game? I have one and I need to know for the future. Thanks.

Boldore evolves via trading or Link Stone, found in the Celadon Department Store.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
I didn't see anyone else mention it so it might have happened in the last update... I tried Blue DX Normal and Blue DX Challenge and they both had a glitch where every Pokemon is shown with Status: PSN, except they're not really poisoned and there's no way to remove it. The Red DX versions seem fine though. It this happening to anyone else?

Nope, it's because I patched a Red ROM instead of a Blue one. Interesting side-effect!

I like a lot of things about this hack. I'll post real glitches when I find them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
I made my second video of my Let's Play and I had a quick question. Are movesets updated to current ones? Example: Charmeleon can learn metal claw. I'm struggling at Brock, so I thought I might ask.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
I made my second video of my Let's Play and I had a quick question. Are movesets updated to current ones? Example: Charmeleon can learn metal claw. I'm struggling at Brock, so I thought I might ask.

Nope, Metal Claw isn't in this game. I'd recommend using a fighting type or the Nidorans.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
Does anyone else find Challenge Mode H3 unnecessarily harsh in terms of the level curve? I'm interested in Inverse Mode and roster changes, but I've played numerous difficulty hacks before and this is the only one that has made lose to regular trainers on a frequent basis.

And what does "the order of progression the game expects you to take changes after you reach half way through Kanto" entail exactly?

Back