• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Soulless World

Years
This takes place in a new region called Senta, which has band new pokemon in it. The pokemon professor is a woman named Willow. This game has a darker tone than most of the pokemon games that have come over. The land of Senta has been ravaged by a war waged by the Senity Team, who conquered the land. They have a base in each of the major cities and control mostly everything. They don't allow many people to become pokemon trainers because they fear rebellion will occur if they allow this. They have also been taking the souls of pokemon and making them fight for no reason at all it seems. They do believe that if they collect enough pokemon souls that the Legendary Pokemon on the region will make itself known to stop the pain and suffering of others.

They plan to take the soul of the Legendary Pokemon and use it to take over the other regions. You can be male or female in the game and you will get to start from 3 starters as normal; they are a fire hyena, a grass/bug grasshopper, and a water snake and your rival will choose the one that beats yours. The game will start with you going to see Professor Willow along with your rival to get your pokemon. After you do that, the small town will be attacked by agents of Team Senity and they take off with Professor Willow and your sister, hoping they can help them learn a quicker way of extracting the soul of pokemon.

You and your rival decide to go and rescue them, but in different ways. You choose to take the normal route of going to each of the bases and defeating each of the leaders and to where your rival chooses to infiltrate them and go undercover to get them back. This means that you two will have no choice but to fight each other along the way. This is the start of your journey after you take the pokedex from the table and the map as well. When you exit the lab, the whole town in in ruins and as you progress in the game the town will get rebuilt and you will be able to donate money and certain items to the town to help it rebuild.

Region Map:
Spoiler:

Starters:
Spoiler:

Your Character:
Spoiler:

Base Leaders:
Spoiler:

What I Still Need:

-Someone to do the overworld spriters of the trainers, leaders, etc.

Credits:
Main Game-Me
Fakemon- Sunfished and Ęℓαчиıı
Mapper- elarmasecreta
Region Maker- NikNaks
Fakemon Spriter/Artist/ People Spriter- joeyhugg

Update:
I'm now converting this to RPG Maker VX Ace with the Crystal Engine.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
The story is acceptable. I like fangames that take a new approach to the story in different ways. It makes the game feel fresh, instead of the regular,"beat gyms -> fight evil team -> fight more gyms". The idea about fighting "leaders" instead of gym leaders is also pretty good. This creates a more over-arching plot which actually leads the player into a goal, rather than having multiple plots which just get in the way. Definitely love the idea about how your rival takes on the matter. It kinda develops his character as an offset hero while the player is what you would normally expect out of a silent protagonist.

Story-wise, I kinda it. Making the evil team brain-washing Pokemon is getting kinda stale, and add to the fact that some Pokemon games have already done it before, such as the Pokemon Coliseum series and alot of movies. But I wouldn't say that should hinder or stop what your doing with your game. If you execute the story pretty well then I don't think anyone would really care.

What gets me though is your starters. Normally, all the Pokemon games have starters that evolve into a type. That means that it shouldn't be visible of what secondary typing they get when they're still unevolved. This is concerning the grasshopper idea you have which, in my opinion, kinda falls short on expectations on his last evolution, since its already known what he'll be or is. The water snake is less of a problem, but every starter to date has amrs and legs,(or 4 legs). So I suggest to either make him with arms/legs or think of a new design. Nothing is wrong with the fire hyena though, and I kinda would like to see how he'll turn out!

And remember that this all is really my opinion. You don't have to listen to what I said :P

About the last part of your post, I suggest to start out with Pokemon Essentials if your new to this sorta thing. And I kinda wanted to see what its like working on a team, so if you want I can help designing fakes for you. I'll send some examples of what I've done if you want.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Can't help you with drawing or spriting your fakemon. Also note that they take a lot of work to implement, you'd have to come up with stats, movepools etc.

I don't know much about your abilities a s a developer, but I'd really stick with essentials for RMXP if I were you, it'd save you a lot of time.

@Sunfished: Bulbasaur started out with the poison type as well...

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah, I guess I have to consider bulbasaur as well.

But if you look at it, I think it should have the secondary poison type early, since it wouldnt really gain that much of a benefit if it was to get it later.

Having a grass/bug starter with bug RIGHT at the start would give it a whole ton of weaknesses already. Thats why I suggested to move it to a later part so it wouldnt burden the player if they were to chose the grasshopper.

Designing them wouldn't really that much of a task. You would just need a fair mix of types and decent designs and then work from there.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Yeah, I guess I have to consider bulbasaur as well.

But if you look at it, I think it should have the secondary poison type early, since it wouldnt really gain that much of a benefit if it was to get it later.

Having a grass/bug starter with bug RIGHT at the start would give it a whole ton of weaknesses already. Thats why I suggested to move it to a later part so it wouldnt burden the player if they were to chose the grasshopper.
Actually, a bug secondary type only introduces a new weakness to rock, while it also offers a new resistances to fighting. Any other weaknesses-resistances just get doubled or halved. It's fairly easy to balance out the early stages of the game to make sure the fella isn't underpowered.

Designing them wouldn't really that much of a task. You would just need a fair mix of types and decent designs and then work from there.
Oh man you just blew your credibility with that statement. Unless you're gifted with a wide imagination and some spriting and drawing skills, it is a lot of work (you need 3 sprites per fakemon, plus a cry.) And I'm not even talking about balancing them out.

Years
I'm glad that you like the idea and I would love to see your fakemon work, Sunfished. Also, guys , please don't argue on my thread. I hope that more people like the idea as well.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well I guess you've got a point about the type stuff. I didn't want to turn it into an argument, since it was just a suggestion. I merely brought it up due to the fact your rival would normally choose the one stronger than yours, so it would get really troublesome a tad bit early.

And "designing" them is different than giving them stats, spriting, and anything else. When I said "design", it meant literally that. Just to draw them out. I never said anything about me giving them stats or whatever. All I said was I can help design them. THAT part was what I said would be easiest to me.

And of course your right about spriting them and giving them stats would be quite a feat, I'm not gonna go against you on that :P

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
I can also design some Fakémon, if you need some help with that portion. c:

I like what you have so far, too. My Professor is also named Willow and the game is also darker than most! I'm looking forward to what you can come up with.

Last edited:
Years
Alright, thanks. I'll send you what I have so far with ideas for them.

I thank sunfished and Ęℓαчиıı for helping me with the fakemon. I already know what the male and female version of the trainer will look like and I shall put that up soon. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a map and I also need a title screen.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Ah yeah, sorry for starting an argument^^;
Anyway, I hope you already have some ideas about how your region looks like.. how many towns there will be etc... once you got an idea on how your region should look like, try contacting a member named NikNaks.

If you're sticking with the default fr/lg tiles, or provide me another functioning tileset, I'd like to map for you.

Years
@elarmasecreta
I already have a small idea of what the region will look like and how many towns I want, so I will contact them. I'm using the default tiles that come with Pokemon Essentials 11, so you are more than welcome to be my mapper. If you want I can send you a PM with the names of some of the towns and routes if you want.

Years
Update:
-Autumnhill Town is done
-Route 1 is done

Still in need of a spriter(s) to do npcs, trainers, gym leaders and fakemon along with someone to do the front and back of the fakemon and the male/female trainer

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
You really need to hold up with progress and just take a while to plan things and make things that just little bit better, really work and refine upon everything you have and keep going until you find a spriter. It might be a good idea to plan out your 'dex' of fakemon and use place holders of similar types to just help more when inserting them. Finding a sprite willing to take on such is big task is very hard. The only games to have good quality fakemon's are the ones who the game creator makes them, or who are very talented at the creation of their game. You need to start producing high quality work which will appeal to the spriter, taking time out of your game's progress to refine your own personal skills is the best way to do this.
Best of luck to you with this project :)

Years
Thanks for your input, but the people that are working on it have a good idea of what I want and not only that, but I do have a fakedex, I'm just waiting on my fakemon artist to finish the drawings before I put anything up.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm predicting a bug grass; dark fire, and poison water O:

the concept art looks pretty good, and It really peaks my interest, I really like them, and would like too see where you take this :P
they look so interesting that I could not possibly imagine how they will evolve!
good luck with it! I hope it works out well for you :P

Back