• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That made me laugh. X}
My neighbor actually found a plastic bag of weed (I /think/ it was weed, could be wrong) in front of his house haha. Maybe it was in front of my house, actually. I can't remember.

I haven't tried cat tails, but have heard about people eating them or using the sap-like stuff in it for cuts and burns. There's a much more common plant that can be used to keep cuts from becoming infected, though.

I wasted so much time learning this stuff. I'll never use this knowledge. Except the plant used for bug bites, because that actually works. It was helpful when the same spider bit me like seven times a while ago. Apparently it was clinging to me and I didn't know it was there.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
Why was there a random bag of weed there.... slender?

No, that sort of information is really useful.
Aloe is very good for burns... if I'm remembering that right. :x

Yesh, well, it could've been worse. It could've been this spider.
Spoiler:

@Dipu:
Spoiler:

We were talking about a type of plant. X)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I swear I had nothing to do with it. x;
Really. I actually seen a drug deal down the street one night. They all scattered in different directions upon seeing me and the person I was with, which was amusing.
I just thought of this because you said "slender"- you can call me Jess, if you'd prefer it. It's what most people offline call me, despite it not being my real name, so my friends on PC usually do, as well.

Woah, massive spider.
Imagine finding that in your house haha.

The worst spiders around here are these:
images

Sometimes I find them just chilling out in the kitchen. .__.

Then there are these, of course:
Spoiler:

It's the Slenderman of spiders! ;D
...Not me, I mean the actual creature.

@Kura
Actually, I take care of those cats haha. [;
They might as well be my outdoor cats. They live in my yard and I feed all of them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Actually, I take care of those cats haha. [;
They might as well be my outdoor cats. They live in my yard and I feed all of them.
I used to do this and soon enough I found myself taking care of nine cats. It's fun at first, but you quickly get overwhelmed. I had to take most of them to a shelter because it was just too difficult. (my neighborhood is overrun with cats like you would not believe)

Kept two of them though! It's fun watching hyperactive kittens grow into relatively lazy adult cats.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Wow, nine?
Including my two indoor cats, I'm caring for a total of six felines.
That made it tough to give them canned food every night. Usually, I had someone around to help me. When I didn't, I had to juggle all four plates and feed the right food to the right cat, while they all mingled around my legs, meowing at me.

One of them almost had to be taken to a shelter. He just showed up one day, limping heavily with his fur ripped out. He couldn't close his mouth and had something dark coming from his ears, eyes, and mouth. ]: We managed to keep him alive on fluid until he could eat canned food. He managed to recover before we had a chance to catch him to take him to a shelter. We tried, but he was too afraid of people.
One of my cats is his son and is named after him.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Careful, you might end up a cat lady. X}

Yup. Ya got dealers. (Kudos to anyone who gets that.)
Yeah, I had seen people calling you that. Is it short for anything or just a nickname you picked up?

The spindly one's awesome. (Nope, I think it is you. ;x)
Psh, if I did I'd tame it and keep it as a guard spider.
Arachnophobia is one of the most common fears.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, I'm sure people would think I am if they seen me outside with so many cats at my feet. X)

People have actually been calling me Jess since I was really young. I specifically dislike my first name, so I'm glad to be called something else. x; I've acquired some pretty foreign nicknames. I also have learned to respond to "Sess/Shesh/Shess" because my best friend's youngest sister has some trouble talking and she can't quite make the J sound haha.

Yup, you figured me out. I'm a spider who can type. I have a tiny laptop here in my web.

guard spider
You are a genius!
Best. Idea. Ever.

Excuse my slow replies. I kind of forgot to eat and now I'm a bit shaky, which makes it difficult to type some of the time.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I hate spiders with an unthinkable strenght!
We already talked about cat lady. Jess shouldn't be that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha I think I do remember that being discussed. X)
I don't plan on being a cat lady. I'm not that unsocial! Yet.

I just don't want them to starve. It's also fun to be able to go outside and have cats just kind of appear from around the yard. They all are friendly and one of them actually enjoys being carried around (especially when it's cold, because he doesn't have the common sense not to stand in the snow).

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Cat lady totally used to be a productive member of society.

As much as I dislike the fact that there are so many strays around here...I gotta agree, it's nice seeing them out and about whenever I'm outside. Most of them are pretty friendly and easy enough to be around, though there are a few nasty ones I just hate. One of them literally peed on a kitty I was taking care of once.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
You really shouldn't have told me that, because now I'm seriously curious as to what your name is...

You aren't eating because you have a laptop in your web, silly!

If I didn't know better I'd say you were forming a feline army...
But I do. You're just a softy. ;x

@Nathan:
Ooh, you hate spiders?
Have you ever seen a Camel Spider? They eat flesh and muscle.
Spoiler:

I like arachnids. c:

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
None of the strays here are nasty. One of them always is picking fights with another specific cat, and he often takes swipes at a different feline, though. None are aggressive toward me, most of the time. One did bite my hand pretty hard, but now he just sort of nips my hands while I'm holding him (even though he willingly climbs onto my lap).

Edit:

@Roc
It's Slenderman, obviously.

Yup, I can't catch any bugs because the noise of the laptop scares 'em off. ]: But I'm addicted to PC, so I haven't eaten in days.

Oh, shut up. X} I'm a lot less "soft" offline.
I did get hurt in a fight once because I didn't want to punch my own friend, so perhaps you're right. D; Then again, I did have the same guy pinned by his throat once. Pffft I don't know now.

Edit:
Woah. I just unspoilered to see that spider.
That thing is amazing. <3

The first thing that came to mind when I read "Camel spider" was camel cricket, which is this:
Spoiler:

So I certainly wasn't expecting something that awesome.
...My cat ate some legs off a camel cricket once.
Guess who got to clean up those legs later when he vomited them up!

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Psh, who you playin'... that's an awesome name!

Well, in all seriousness, if you're shaking you really need to eat.
Just stay away from bees, they way too sugary. ;x

Well, I'll leave you to chew on that. I really should go and get my work done.
See you later, Jess. :}
Procrastinator out!

@Dipu:
You get a highfive for that, man!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Roc
Haha.
My aunt used to call my sister "Jess", actually. I didn't even know about that until recently.

I know, I know. x;
I just forget to eat sometimes. I finished eating a few minutes ago. I don't know why I'm still shaking. s:

By the way, someone in my family is totally afraid of spiders.
That camel spider is currently the wallpaper on this computer. ;D I hope I'm around when she sees it.

@Dipu
No_Rage_Face.png

Yes, I used a rage face. I know memes get on your nerves. ;D

Okay, I have to ask. How is "Dipu" pronounced? I've been wondering about that for the longest time.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Dipu
Pfffft at least now I know how to get on your nerves. X)

I don't know who anne hatheway is, okay? .__. I mean, I've heard of her and (obviously) know she's an actor, but that's it. Besides, I was just joking around because you said that you'd be okay with me turning into her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back