• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which PKMN Trainer Are You Most Like?

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
The title explains most of it. Are you alike physically, or do you have their attitude/personality?
As you can see below, there are many of them. Me, I would most-likely be..Brendan, because I do have my head in books a lot, and I am quiet.
PKMN_Trainers_1.png

npavs.jpg

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I'm persistantly optimistic, short tempered, ambitious, cheerful and quite humorous. All things considered, I'm probably most like Red. Also, I would be remiss to not mention that I've got an affinity for wearing red caps and jackets.

gallery_1510_246_11986.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Gary Oak. I drive classic cars around, and I'm not above pouncing on my rival when he's a step away from a Pokemon center. Guy's a boss, the GOAT of Pokemon trainers. Guy goes above and beyond as well for his training, something I strive to do. 8 badges to compete in the League? He earned 10, went for 11 before Mewtwo was brought out.

And let me edit for in game Gary or Blue. Guy's persistant, gets beat, but hurls insults at you still. I never have been so trolled in my life when I beat Lance when I was 8 playing Red, and Gary was next. Mopped the floor with me. I've beat the champs in the other games without cheating, but have never beat Gary without Missingno. Something I'll have to go back to do. But he's the bomb, and we have many similar features.

Last edited:

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Gary Oak. I drive classic cars around, and I'm not above pouncing on my rival when he's a step away from a Pokemon center. Guy's a boss, the GOAT of Pokemon trainers. Guy goes above and beyond as well for his training, something I strive to do. 8 badges to compete in the League? He earned 10, went for 11 before Mewtwo was brought out.

And let me edit for in game Gary or Blue. Guy's persistant, gets beat, but hurls insults at you still. I never have been so trolled in my life when I beat Lance when I was 8 playing Red, and Gary was next. Mopped the floor with me. I've beat the champs in the other games without cheating, but have never beat Gary without Missingno. Something I'll have to go back to do. But he's the bomb, and we have many similar features.
Oh, I was referring to the player pokemon trainers, but that's excellent too.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Oh, I was referring to the player pokemon trainers, but that's excellent too.
Eh, my bad. Those guys are too quiet for me to be anything like them :P. Looks wide, it's the male from Black and White, always wearing a watch, the long hair and hat, and those awesome shoes :P. Good thread.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years

This may be a little off topic, but whatever. I get that Gary's a badass, after all, he's Gary motherflippin' Oak. However, there was always one thing that didn't make sense; how the heck did they allow a ten year old to drive?

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Uh... None of the characters above have any depth. To put it simply you play as them, that's it. They never show any type of personality in the games. In the shows, which I don't watch, I'm not to sure.

However, personally, me, as a trainer, I'm all about strength and aesthetics. Also male Pokémon. I'm a very serious trainer. I like to adventure on my own and I hate having my hand held. *Looks at Dawn, Bianca and the Rival from Black and White 2.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
This may be a little off topic, but whatever. I get that Gary's a badass, after all, he's Gary motherflippin' Oak. However, there was always on thin that didn't make sense; how the heck did they allow a ten year old to drive?
You answered your own question sir. He's Gary MF Oak, and he's the only person in any region that knows how to drive apparently, besides the Police.

Years
I've always easily identified myself with Brendan, given that (if you play as May at least) while he does have a little bit of a cocky nature, but is very helpful and knowledgable in what he's doing. That, and sharing the same name helps a bit, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Rosa. She looks a bit like me and I pretty much dress like her, lmao. Can't do that hair though, but yeah. I was so happy when the protag pics for BW2 were released, cause I was like "Finally! A female protag that looks like me and I'll use forever!" Still have yet to use the male protag in BW2. :P

Years
I'm most like Rosa, because my hair color is a bit like hers and I love the cute outfit she wears and that Sailor Moon-esque hairstyle. She was the reason I loved Black 2 & White 2 a lot.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Okay, so far, no one is most like:
Either HG/SS Player
Female FR/LG
May
Male D/P
Male B/W 2
Female B/W 1
Either X/Y Player

Anyone going to fill up these positions? Because I do like the new looks for X/Y a lot.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Personally the player characters don't talk enough for me to get a grip on their personality but I guess judging on the manga and other characteristics, I can be like Gold from G/S/C at times. I can be rather hasty and not think through my decisions but I also know when to not muck around and am loyal for my friends. I also have a mischievous attitude at times as well and call people interesting nicknames like Gold does with Crystal (Super Serious Gal).

Reactions: T!M

Blazeferno21

Pokemon Champion
Years
If I had to take a guess, I'd go for Barry.
I'm VERY rash, I constantly crash into walls (and my best friend) XD
One trait from Cynthia though...I drive...VERY badly...almost running stuff over...
*Points to "All for The Love of Meloetta"*

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
None of the playable trainers really have any personality. They don't say anything. They are just your sprite.
When you are playing one trainer, and the opposite-sex counterpart becomes an NPC, you could argue that gives them a bit of personality but it doesn't really.

It's hard to identify with any of these trainers in looks, all the females are very lithe 10 year olds who some how developed breasts and look like they've been shaped by a corset (not to hate on the art style.)

I have blond hair and green eyes, so I suppose that draws relation to the XY girl, and I used to have blue hair which I wore in pigtails which is similar to the girl from Crystal (Kris.)

Years
My face rarely shows emotions, I am not very talkative, I think simply and answer simply, some people say I'm emotionless, I write without emoticons etc. I like wearing baseball caps, and cover my eyes with it. Red colour is my favorite, I'm a lone person and I like to train my Pokemon a lot. That also describes our Red, so I'm mostly like him.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I'm most like Brock ( I don't know anything about those trainers up there, sorry). Just like Bulbapedia puts it, "He's tough, people respect him, and most admire him. Supposedly, it's hard to get him to laugh or drop his serious demeanor, but when he does, he can't stop."

Years
The new X&Y male player is maybe my closest match just due to the longer hair. I'm sure I could have a characteristic I share with all of them though, I don't tend to talk much either. :P

I identified with Grimsley's philosophy a lot. A good loss is still a loss, a terrible win is still a win, logic I regularly apply to football(soccer) and many other competitive things.

Back