• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years

Wow broke at four......that kinda sucks >< :p

Yeah I sure bet it hurt, it's definately not like getting into the 30s and it breaking there over and over again.........=P

Sweet salvation come and set me free.......

I have only caught 4 shiny Buneary since I started resetting the Radar from 40 at noon today, and it's almost 11 PM. I'm almost at 70,000 steps, and I've used over 450 Max Repels. I don't know what the problem is but I should have like 20 Bunearies by now, but oh yeah, this is the one that gave me so many problems, and it has a death grip over them.

I'm going for 2 more to make it 8 in all.... I think.... just depends.... I gotta get ready for tomorrow soon...

My eyes can't take much more of this..... And I'm really, really edgy too.... >_<

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Yeah I sure bet it hurt, it's definately not like getting into the 30s and it breaking there over and over again.........=P

Sweet salvation come and set me free.......

I have only caught 4 shiny Buneary since I started resetting the Radar from 40 at noon today, and it's almost 11 PM. I'm almost at 70,000 steps, and I've used over 450 Max Repels. I don't know what the problem is but I should have like 20 Bunearies by now, but oh yeah, this is the one that gave me so many problems, and it has a death grip over them.

I'm going for 2 more to make it 8 in all.... I think.... just depends.... I gotta get ready for

My eyes can't take much more of this..... And I'm really, really edgy too.... >_<

i hate when my eyes hurt. omg ever chain i usually get ends at 35-39 and it PO me most of the time uhhh

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
yay that's 600 pages of pure effort well done and congrats to all who stayed strong. i'm estimating aerodactyl SRing at around...880 - 900 so far i'm so tired. shinyhunter011 what are you up to cause i'm gonna compare and see if i should have a break anytime soon.l8r everyone.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Thank god it's over.

I got lucky and found a shiny patch, then reset the radar afterwards and found another... I ended up with 9 Buneary in all after screwing up on the way to Toys R Us. I actually went into grass I didn't see thrice, and it was all normal Buneary..... I think it was mocking me. :P

Then a wurmple broke it. I needed it to anyway because I had to hurry and grab my Electivire.

I got 3 Darkrais. 1 on Diamond, 1 on Pearl, and 1 on Pearl #2. The guy there was cool. I just walked in and did it. He said yesterday was packed.

I also got a coupon for 5% off a DS game so i got Kirby Squeek Squad. I also got this type chark that has the chart on the back and on the front it has that "moving picture" stuff where if you look at it one way, it has Dialga, and if you move it a little, it'll merge to Palkia.

Right now, I'm taking a break. My friend requested a Piplup so I'm gonna check and see what kind of neat Egg Moves I can get for it, similarly to what I did for ANOTHER friend, I got Grasswhistle and Leech Seed on a Chikorita for him.

Oh, and check out my Bunearies IVs, and trade that girl one.

And hopefully trade that person their shinies back that I won't be debted to anyone.

823 crap must do more sring

k, I'm gonna get into this real soon, with my own SR Pokemon. You should know what it is.
I'm gonna keep a number chart of how many I have done.

Just because yawl are ahead doesn't mean anything. ;P

I'll catch up faster than you think!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I got those coupons and type chart too, I got there 5 mins before noon and got mine and stuck around bout 45 more minutes and people kept showing up

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I got those coupons and type chart too, I got there 5 mins before noon and got mine and stuck around bout 45 more minutes and people kept showing up

yeah, this girl came with her Diamond & Pearl too. Seems like there was someone else, but I can't remember. I was hungry so we left for a restaurant.

Oh, yeah, I failed to mention that I walked over 83,000 steps and used over 500 Max Repels.

I am Iron Man

Years
I have caught a shiny Starly on a Pokéradar chain.

I was just EVing my shiny Palkia with the radar, and by the time it ran out of PP, I had a 34-chain going. I figured I might as well, so I brought the chain up to 40. It took a whopping 9650 steps (or 193 manual resets of the radar) for the first shiny patch to appear. The poor L2 female Starly didn't stand a chance against my mighty Breloom, so it was soon mine! :D

I intend to catch at least one more, then see how far the chain will go. I don't have a syncher, so be prepared for crappy natures.

Good luck to everyone for stuff, and congrats to DDD for the Bunearies! (Personally, I'd bring a male Cute Charmer just for the occasion, seeing how male Lopunny just feels wrong. :P)

Edit: Second Starly at 12450 steps

Edit2: Chain just ended at 44 with 2 shinies =/=/

Edit3: Natures are Hardy and Hasty. =/=/=/ Both female.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
gratz on starly, I just love my shiny staraptor, and I got lucky and had a lonely natured one

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Thanks yawl and congratulations on Starly MM, same thing happened to me while I was training my shiny Eevee. Only then, after I got that one I had to leave the 40 chain, and then come back and repeatedly try to get to 40 again. It gave me a little trouble believe it or not, almost a prelude to what Buneary would do to me. But it was worth the trouble for that awesome Starly that I got, right nature, 31 in Speed, 15 in Attack.

So, here's how things stand for me. On Diamond, I'm waiting til tomorrow so I can trade my friend an egg (Piplup). After that I'll probably check my buneary IVs on there (because I have it set to where the egg will probably hatch on him before he can even get out of the Pokemon Center XD, so I can't move.....).

Meanwhile, on Pearl #2.... I tried Synchronizing Darkrai. Doesn't work. So I'm shifting that to Pearl #1 (where I've got like 1 badge and it doesn't matter).

So on Pearl #2, I'm gonna get ready to chain Misdreavus again to get more of those....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Eterna Forest was once my favorite place to chain; it is no more. They have a similar encounter rate as Buneary.... but night time is the right time, I hope that holds true twice in a row.

After I get more Misdreavus, I'll probably raise one or two of my Pokemon, especially Misdreavus. I wanna switch out one of my fighters with it and see what happens.

Then, I'll see what's going on, if I have any requests.... if not...

It's Gligar time. Enough is enough.
I could switch it out for one of my fighters like planned, or do it to another and swap in Staraptor and try that out. I have a lot of options now. All my Pokemon could do well without Sandstorm, and most do well with it, but it's beginning to become more of a pain in the rear....

So after Gligar I may look for a Pokemon to play bench for my Tyranitar. I'm thinking Flygon as a standalone, although even it works well in Sandstorm (which means I could use it WITH Tyranitar).

... Obsessive much? :P

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I went to the Toys R Us today and got Darkrai downloaded onto my game. It was relatively simply and easy, and there was practically no one there, so I'm happy. SRing for Darkrai goes by pretty quickly, thankfully, but I've only gotten in about 200 hundred.

While I was SRing for Darkrai, I was watching some videos of shinies in PBR posted by SwampertGirl. Man, I gotta say, those videos do wonders for one's motivation, even if every single one of them are traded (and somehow have perfect natures and egg moves, and they're apparently all legit =/). I saw a video of her shiny Moltres, and it just made me want to get one more. Then I saw how shiny Lucario and Nidoqueen looked, and now I want to hunt for them (well, another Nidoran female, the one I have has horrible IVs), so I've decided that once I get a shiny Darkrai, I will finish training/evolving some shinies and return to breeding hunts.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Well done on the Buneary, DDD! Tell us if any of them have killer IVs. ^^

Edit2: I have no idea how it happened...but I was soft resetting for ashiny Moltres while I was reading PokeCommunity's D/P Shiny Discussion Thread. I was going through a "test capture" of Moltres...so I caught it, then I went to the PokeCenter. When I wasn't really payin attention, I accidentally saved.

*Sigh*

I guess I could always hunt for it on LG, but I want to get a shiny Zapdos first.

I'm really quite angry right now...the only things worth hunting for on my FR now are Aerodactyl (looks really cool the more I look at its sprite), Articuno (BORING), Eevee (already have one, but I might go for another), and maybe Clefairy (I have all the other Game Corner shinies except Pinsir).

Oh, wait, I could always double soft reset for Zapdos...yeah, I'll do that.

ARGHGHARHHRHGSDHGSLKGH

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Congratz to everyone who got new shinies!!!!! and Congrats to everyone with Darkrai....I really wish I could have gone to get one -_- stupid Canada!!

Anyways I have a question for everyone....I'm trying to decide what to evolve my shiny eevee into..... it has an adamant nature and I really really don't want a leafeon...and since I already have a shiny glaceon thats out too....anyways any suggestions?

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Well I was at the TRU event yesterday and got 2 Darkrai.

I also met some new people and got in a few trades, but I know 3 of them were hacks (Shiny Shymin, Shiny Arcues, and Shiny Tyranitar) I traded for them for two reasons: the first two fill in their dex entries for me and the Tyranitar was something I wanted for the heck of it.

But I did get two that were not hacks a Shiny Budew and a Shiny Leafeon (it was evolved from the Eevee that you get from Bebe in Hearthome City, I checked it against mine, lol) What is it with me always ending up with so many Shiny Grass types? V(^_^)V

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Tabatha, I suggest evolving your shiny Eevee into a shiny Flareon. It doesn' treally get enough love.

Hey! That's what I'll do! I'll soft reset for a shiny Eevee on FR and hope it has a nature that is good for Flareon!

And congratulations on your new shiny acquistions, LDD.

Good luck, everyone. I've bene hunting for mainly Darkrai since I saved over Moltres...

Edit: I have a question for everyone:

What was your very first shiny for the 2nd, 3rd, and/or 4th Generation?

I'm curious to seee what your answers are. ^^

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Tabatha, I suggest evolving your shiny Eevee into a shiny Flareon. It doesn' treally get enough love.

Hey! That's what I'll do! I'll soft reset for a shiny Eevee on FR and hope it has a nature that is good for Flareon!

And congratulations on your new shiny acquistions, LDD.

Good luck, everyone. I've bene hunting for mainly Darkrai since I saved over Moltres...

Yeah I was thinking Flareon....after all it is my fav pokemon it's just that the shiny flareon isn't as nice as some of the other shiny eeveelutions say like the umbreon and really cute pinkish vaporeon but still i guess a shiny in my fav pokemon would be pretty special ^_^ I could always try to breed for more shiny eevees and when I guess i could SR when I get the eevee from the girly for a shiny.....The one I have now is a legit one from a trade

Anyways my first shiny was the glaceon (already evolved into that) I got it in a trade so i don't really want to count it....the other 2 I have (the eevee and the arcanine) I also got in a trade so really i'm waiting to catch my first shiny still....just have to beat the elite 4 so i can see the pokemon that champion cynthia has and complete my pokedex then i can chain for some ^_^

Years
Hiya, LDD! Why must you be among the lucky dweebs who can get events? :(

Because shiny Flareon is GROSS!! :P

2nd-gen: (Besides the Gyarados) A Green Teddiursa. Who ran. It was the route south of Blackthorn and I was training for the gym. I have never caught a random encounter shiny in the 2nd-gen. I did breed a shiny Chikorita using the Ditto trick.

3rd-gen: Omega, the shiny Linoone. It was a whole bunch of years ago and I was doing a berry run. My route spanned Route 121 and parts of 120. As I zipped through the grass, I thought, "not another fricked pokeman!! >=[", but then it was an orange Linoone, so all was okay! I weakened it with Sandstorm and, having taken so much time with that, threw one Timer Ball and she was mine! The name comes from how I built armies of Pickup slaves and named them after Greek letters starting at the beginning. Omega is the last Greek letter. :) This is the very same file that was still on my Sapphire (time: 999:59) when it got stolen. I've bought back all the stuff that was taken, but the memories can never be restored. That's the worst part of what they did. Money is as nothing.

4th-gen: A random encounter Geodude while training for the gym in Veilstone. The oldest one that I still have is that Drifloon I SRed for and got shockingly quickly.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years

2nd Gen: I didn't catch it. It caught me and beat me up. It was a shiny Raticate. I had no PokeBalls, and I was in Mt. Mortar where I shouldn't have been at the time.

3rd Gen: Beldum, of course, which was my first shiny. Now a shiny Metagross, it usually leaves casuals crying in shame.

4th Gen: Gastrodon. (Crap, why couldn't you have been cooler?)
I got it while in a contest between two friends attempting to chain, although I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and wondering why Gastrodons kept popping up.
It came on just the 3rd one.

Personally, I like shiny Flareon.

Back