• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Welcome [ray.z]! Im glad I've got some help! Spriting all those trainers would of Hurt my hands... If you look on the other Forum, the list you gave to Fangking with what your doing is in My Trainer thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah I saw it man and I'm glad too help.

Right now I'm working on a hippie chick and ... well I dunno ... I don't like the clothes so far.

You'll see it later.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hack. ROFL

I know they do! And most of them have only been on the project for a few days! XD

Currently there's a good lot of work going on. I'm pleased to welcome venomwind to the staff, who is doing a good job on writing up what the random trainers in the region say before and after a battle, as well as Crazy Weavile is developing some cool sidequests.

As always, KangasKid's sprites continue to be excellent, and there should be a new batch coming up. I'm also very happy to have received some sweet new trainer sprites from [ray.z] and Maneachicken, including 2 hippies, a tough school kid, and an evil captain of a ship.

Plateface's ideas continue to be useful, including an awesome redesign of Squink who I've never been hugely keen on.

squinkvx8.jpg

Pokémaniac's been busy sorting out attacks and a TM list, which is coming together nicely.

I'm personally about to tackle the new Hazelfrost City with the new snow tiles. YAY!

Incidentally, Ivar has created this:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=151061

Which is the music for Hazelfrost! Try it out, see what you think :)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
man, yall put in WORK on the original pokemon, some of those look better than Nintendo's usually Im totally against made up pokemon and moves but I am VERY eager to see this game. Good Job

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Thanks! :D

Here is the new and much much improved HAZELFROST CITY

hazelfrostoq9.png

Very self-explanitory. It's a real treat to walk around it with Ivar's music!

Years
This is really awsome man. I wish you luck in u r game and is there any banner so i can put it in my signature just to support u?

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
The new Hazelfrost looks AMAZING.

And man, that music is GREAT. Awesome composer you've got there.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Plateface's Squink Design looks much Better than the Origional Fangking. Is it too late for us to change it?

Oh yeah, the Female Rocket Grunt is done too.

ftrgruntpz9.png

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
wow this game is coming along nicely. i like the re-design, the tileset looks a lot better. your whole team is doing excelent. keep it up and i look forward to seeing more.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
abed said:
This is really awsome man. I wish you luck in u r game and is there any banner so i can put it in my signature just to support u?

Thank you :)

There IS a banner but it's pretty big (the one in my sig - LOL RHYME) so perhaps I should make a smaller one, so that you can fit it in your sig? I notice you already have a few banners.

And yeah, we're going with Plateface's Squink design.

Thanks for the support guys ^_^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
As if we would man!

There's already been so much progress and a number of people working on this, who are very devoted to the completion of this game.

I don't see it ever being abandoned.

Unless there is a - actually, better stop typing before I jinx the game

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I've been working on this for about a year, if you don't include the original Acanthite in which I've had just under 2 years of making, and I'm still going strong :)

Not to mention in the last few days the recruiting of several new staff who have been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back