• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think that's because a main character has owned Pacharisu and Emolga, and it would get confusing.
I'm late but I agree with this. You might see another of either in a Trainer or Gym battle in the series, or as a story element (or in rare cases as another occurrence in a later generation, such as the two different Bulbasaur and Ash brought his to meet May's before it went back to Oak's Lab).

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).

Well Clefairy was originally the mascot of the series before Pichu's evolution stole it's spot...the Pika family are spotlight thieves. Also the pattern of not appearing the next generation was post generation 2, the fact that it was refered to as Pikablu pre release and that it got a pre evolution the next generation make it more of a Pikaclone than the rest...

Anyways a fire rodent (that isn't Cyndaquil...) will be cool and cute :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).

Marill was the Gen 2 Pikachu clone. Them being available in the next series has little to do with it as well. Marill was owned by a Main Character (at some point all of the clones were owned by a Main character or were part of their story).

Pichu isn't a clone. Its the pre-evolution to Pikachu therefore is not a clone of Pikachu.

As for 6th Generation's Pikachu Clone....I kinda hope for a Grass type. While we are on the topic of clones, I wonder what the new regional rodent will be based off of, and what the regional bird will be.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If we do have a pikachu clone I'd like to see one more like Marill in that it's not electric type.

A psychic or fighting type pikachu clone would be pretty neat.

Years
I would like to see the 6th gen. rodent be based on an Alpine Marmot. They're common rodents found around Europe. Maybe start normal and evolve into a ground type.

I see the 6th gen. Bird being based off a Heron or Flamingo. Haha we haven't had a flamingo-based Pokemon yet, am I correct? That would be interesting. I really want to see Pokemon based on an albatross! The bird with the largest wing span among birds. That would be epic!!!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Pichu isn't a clone. Its the pre-evolution to Pikachu therefore is not a clone of Pikachu.
TBH it could be seen as a clone for that generation, and tied to Pikachu in evolution to complete the line. Was there another Electric type like Pikachu that generation?

Cyclone

Years
Me too, hopefully we'll get something even better than that...opposed to another Pidove, which, while still kind of cool, wasn't the best regional bird imo.

I'm fine with the common European rat though perhaps they'll use a lesser known rodent.
What about another Raccoon?

Years
I would like to see the 6th gen. rodent be based on an Alpine Marmot. They're common rodents found around Europe. Maybe start normal and evolve into a ground type.
Or you could go with the more obviously named groundhog. ;)

But chances are probably that they'll make another electric rodent. Maybe part electric and part something else, but probably electric nonetheless.

Years
We're talking about the regional rodent I beleive...if not then I'm confused lol, so many rodents. I think we could use more canines...a wolf pokemon is on the top of my wish list.

Guy

just a guy
Years
But chances are probably that they'll make another electric rodent. Maybe part electric and part something else, but probably electric nonetheless.
So long as it isn't based off of another squirrel or share any resemblance to Pachirisu and Emolga.

Years
True, enough squirrels, now let's get that electric hamster that looks strangely a lot like those two squirrels from the last two generations, and the Hoenn rabbit twins, and Pikachu.

Years
Or you could go with the more obviously named groundhog. ;)

Haha of course x)
I want a platypus Pokemon!!! Do we have one? NO!
I also want a legit giraffe Pokemon with a really long neck. Not no Girafig... smh.

Years
I think they should just have Girafig evolve and explain it by saying how it evolved to reach it's favorite leaves whose trees had grown taller over time forcing them to evolve.

A Platypus would be awesome, Water/Poison I imagine. Thus far only to lines have that combo, and the last one has a single member, and was introduced back in generation II...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think they should just have Girafig evolve and explain it by saying how it evolved to reach it's favorite leaves whose trees had grown taller over time forcing them to evolve.
By that logic, it would evolve shortly after birth if it can't have its first meal of leaves.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
By that logic, it would evolve shortly after birth if it can't have its first meal of leaves.

Cyclone
Not necessarily, because for about the first four to six months baby giraffes drink milk from their mothers. I do think there would need to be a better reasoning for Girafarig to evolve though if it were to get an evolution this generation, because it's not exactly a solid way of evolution given there are loopholes to this concept. Plus, what's to stop it from eating grass?

Years
Well perhaps it evolves by location. And once in this savanah like area it starts to desire to grow to reach the tasty looking leaves, almost like how Bagon wanted to fly.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Me too, hopefully we'll get something even better than that...opposed to another Pidove, which, while still kind of cool, wasn't the best regional bird imo.

I'm fine with the common European rat though perhaps they'll use a lesser known rodent.
What about another Raccoon?

Personally I feel Starly and Pidove are the worst regional birds. I hope the regional bird for the 6th gen isn't fat and black/grey.

Taillow is my favourite regional bird. If the upcoming games don't have a regional bird of their own I hope they use Taillow/Swellow as the stand in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back