• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on my pokemon team?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I'm planning on making this my competitive Pokemon team. Any suggestions or criticism is welcome.
Let me know what you think.

1. Dragonite -Adamant Nature

IVs maxed: Attack & Speed
-Fly
-Thunder Punch
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail

2. Tyranitar -Adamant Nature

IVs maxed: Attack & Defense
-EarthQuake
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang
-Brick Break

3. Snorlax -Sassy Nature

IVs maxed: Attack & Special defense
-Rest
-Giga Impact
-Stockpile
-Swallow

4. Bastiodon -Sassy Nature

IVs maxed: Defense & Special Defense
-Fissure
-Iron Defense
-Metal Burst
-Stealth Rock

5. Porygon-Z -Modest Nature

IVs maxed: Special Attack & Speed
-Zap Cannon
-Psychic
-Recover
-Solar Beam

6. Crobat -Jolly Nature

-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Hypnosis
-Brave Bird

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I'm planning on making this my competitive Pokemon team. Any suggestions or criticism is welcome.
Let me know what you think.

1. Dragonite -Adamant Nature

-Roost
-Brick Break
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail
Fly is like all 2-turn moves bad in competitive play as it gives your opponent a free turn of switching or setting up. With a moveset of Thunder Punch, Outrage and Aqua Tail, you are completely walled by Ferrothorn. Fly wouldn't help much against him either, since it would give him more leech life recovery and free turns for spikes.

2. Tyranitar -Adamant Nature

-EarthQuake
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang
-Brick Break
I can't help to wonder what your thought behind the maxed Defense. I feel that the moveset is lacking a rock type move. Stone Edge is really strong on Tyrannitar.

3. Snorlax -Sassy Nature

IVs maxed: Attack & Special defense
-Rest
-Body Slam
-Curse
-Crunch
If a ghost switches in, you're dead. No matter how many stockpiles you get up, you still cant do anything with your normal move. I like the thought behind Stockpile, but since you already have high spD, curse could be a better option. 2 healing moves in Rest and Swallow feels like a waste of moveslots. Giga Impact also gives your opponent a free turn to do whatever. Body Slam is a much better option here, with the chance on paralysis. Return also works well if you just want power.

4. Bastiodon -Sassy Nature

IVs maxed: Defense & Special Defense
-Fissure
-Iron Defense
-Metal Burst
-Stealth Rock
Not much to comment really other than you should be aware of Bastiodons 4x weaknesses to ground and fighting, two really common offensive move types. In my opinion, get rid of him altogether. Ferrothorn is much better as bulky steel with entry hazards.

5. Porygon-Z -Modest Nature

IVs maxed: Special Attack & Speed
-Tri Attack
-Psychic
-Recover
-Dark Pulse
Solar Beam.. It starts to feel like I'm repeating myself. Zap Cannon's 50% accuracy isn't really good. This set also have problems with steels, so Hidden Power Fighting would be good if you can get it.

6. Crobat -Jolly Nature

-Roost
-Toxic
-Hypnosis
-Brave Bird
Double status can be all well and good, but with no recovery move you have no means of using Toxic to it's fully potential. Crobat in general are a little too squishy to really be able to pull it of, but Roost certainly helps. U-Turn and Taunt are good alternatives over the status moves and will help you with prediction.

My comments and changes are in bold.
Also think a little bit about what items they should have.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You have EVs and IVs mixed. They're completely different things. I know that EVs are what you're referring to.

Anyway, on with the rate:

Tyranitar is better with this. I'm surprised it doesn't have Stone Edge:
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse/Crunch
-Superpower/Stone Edge
Nature: Naive
EVs: 56 Atk/252 SAtk/200 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Your Dragonite isn't good except for Outrage. I'd suggest:
-Dragon Dance
-Roost/Fire Punch
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Snorlax isn't as good as it used to be. It might be better with:
-Return/Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-SelfDestruct/Fire Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Thick Fat

Porygon-Z isn't as good because it's vulnerable to priority. Starmie is a better alternative, though it's a bit weaker at attacking. It has good Speed, however:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam/Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

Bastiodon's defensive typing is terrible. Swampert is a better replacement, and it can set up SR too. Put it in the lead slot:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Surf/Roar/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef

Lucario is a much better physical attacker than Crobat:
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, i suppose i should of been worrying about the Effort values more than the individual, but I'm just working on breeding for natures and IVs right now so i haven't really put much thought into their EVs yet. When i say maxed IVs I'm hoping to get the IV for that stat up to 31. I'll probably settle for anything over 25 though. :P

Back