• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
(-100)

I agree with Esupio, mixed styles, but what I found bad was the fact that Oak's replacement says absolutel nothing in the lab, 'cept 'pick one'. Also, you repeated text, as in one of the last panels where they say "Go Poke'mon." And the breaking ball, grammar. I had no idea what the Rocket said, or what the girls were saying. Spell out PKMN if your going to use large bubbles I (nice attempt) suggest you use the space. Also, no character edits, you just used regular characters (the better the characters, the better it makes the comic look), Oaks face you can't see, and why would he be wearing a sleeveless shirt, Proffessors do not wear sleeveless shirts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Umm, I dunno how many of you still read Bob and George, but I'm sure we all did at one point.

Anywho, David Anez (the author) just announced on his site that the strip is gonna end soon, probably in the next six months or so.

So yeah.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Massive Comment you all need to know!!!

Umm, I dunno how many of you still read Bob and George, but I'm sure we all did at one point.

Anywho, David Anez (the author) just announced on his site that the strip is gonna end soon, probably in the next six months or so.

So yeah.

Noooooooooooooo!!! Im done. Did he say why?

And yeah. My Longest ever comic, 'Poke-mon', will return within two weeks, as Im looking to continue it using the new material and experience I have.

Most of you enjoyed the small success It had, and so, expect to see all your favourite characters back, Including Dan, Orby, The 3 Homeless Kids, Gold, and the rest. The comic ended on episode 11, (First Episode of Chapter 2) and I hope to get to 5 Chapters at least.

Years
PokemonBrokenTrustCover.png
Yeah, cover for a new comic I'm working on.
Not giving anything away, except the characters

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well if you're planning on using Joshr's sprites throughout the comic, then you're limited by the amount of sheets he has completed.

You should have just stuck with MD sprites, or otherwise you'll find yourself stuck in an unfortunate position where the story will lack progression due to a lack of resources ... unless you plan on making more by yourself.

@ Chizzy: Just check out his site, it'll tell you there.

Also, 1000th post! Woot! :P

Years
Well if you're planning on using Joshr's sprites throughout the comic, then you're limited by the amount of sheets he has completed.

You should have just stuck with MD sprites, or otherwise you'll find yourself stuck in an unfortunate position where the story will lack progression due to a lack of resources ... unless you plan on making more by yourself.

@ Chizzy: Just check out his site, it'll tell you there.

Also, 1000th post! Woot! :P

I'm not going for anything big, so I only need several sheets, and theres still several I can use for extra's
and I can always employ ditto transforming into a pokemon if i have to.

I hate MD sprites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I'm not going for anything big, so I only need several sheets, and theres still several I can use for extra's
and I can always employ ditto transforming into a pokemon if i have to.

I hate MD sprites.
What's the problem with MD sprites? I think that they would be fine for your purpose, more or less. But you'll obviously have to do some customising.

Well, they are even more lacking. We only got sprites for the first 125 pokemon. And who says he won't sprite any more sprites himself?
Ummm, I'm confused as to how 125 is more lacking than 14, cause 125>14. Also, consider that it is more than likely that all of the pokemon will be ripped from MD, but Joshr may not finish them all for his own reason.

Well, Uzumaki didn't say that he would ... as you should have noted from the post above yours.

But if you do make them yourself Uzumaki, good luck to you, since the style is pretty sweet.

Years
Ummm, I'm confused as to how 125 is more lacking than 14, cause 125>14. Also, consider that it is more than likely that all of the pokemon will be ripped from MD, but Joshr may not finish them all for his own reason.

Platforming comic. The Mysterious Dungeon sprites are from a top down angle. Emotion is more challenging to capture in RPG sprites. With a side scrolling comic, you'll most likely get to capture more emotion, which is big since Joe's comic is a more serious one.
And, there are NO tilesets ripped for Mysterious Dungeon. Not a problem for me, since I got the rom to GET the backgrounds. but others wouldn't be able to use them to their full compasity. Joe here is one who doesn't really stick to one comic. So it matters not what sprites he uses, since it'll probably end soon anyway.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Platforming comic. The Mysterious Dungeon sprites are from a top down angle. Emotion is more challenging to capture in RPG sprites. With a side scrolling comic, you'll most likely get to capture more emotion, which is big since Joe's comic is a more serious one.
And, there are NO tilesets ripped for Mysterious Dungeon. Not a problem for me, since I got the rom to GET the backgrounds. but others wouldn't be able to use them to their full compasity. Joe here is one who doesn't really stick to one comic. So it matters not what sprites he uses, since it'll probably end soon anyway.
That's not why you said they were lacking - you only said that there were only 125 pokemon ripped so far.

I still reckon it can be done ... just only use the side-on sprites, and make a floor. There is no real need to make it completely MD styled.

And just because emotion is harder in RPG sprites, doen't make it lacking - I've seen emotions conveyed very well using RPG sprites.

Years
Davis is right, I need emotion in the comic I'm making, as the title suggests, I just dislike MD sprites, I don't have anything against them, but I'd actually rather use side scrolling stuff, I'm not a big fan of making comic's in RPG style, I made two comics in that style.
I'd be happy if we could just stop this whole conversation

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Cause FRLG style looks heaps smexier than RSE.

And I'm being serious, it does.

I hate the look of RSE whn compared to FRLG.

Shadow Weavile

Roserade 1#
Years
i made a lil comic i have only this its my first eppy :)
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/xdlolmaster/ComicEpisode1.png
Dj is me and mike is my friend in RL
please rate 1-10
credit:to sprite rescoure (for the back ground)
my self (for the Dj and Mike sprites) and another site (for gold sprites and the overworld nidoran dont know wich site i forgot -.-")
i know i am not so good ad sprite comics but i still try

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back