• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Red vs Blue

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So we had a news article go up about the Splatoon Splatfest being Red vs. Blue (link). I think there'll be a good opportunity for a follow-up article here.

First a discussion thread will be made in the 1st gen section. The topic is to discuss which of Red and Blue is the best - I guess this would come down to "which selection of Pokemon is better" (e.g. Beedrill line versus Butterfree line, etc). Comments made will be incorporated into the article (I am willing to do that, but fine with someone else doing it as well). This thread have a poll as well, and the results of these will also be presented in the article.

ATM polls on the wordpress side can't be paralleled as polls in threads, unfortunately. Unless we wanted to have an article first asking for opinions and to vote, and host a poll both in the comment thread and the article side, and just tally up the votes... but would be harder to track double votes for instance, so may not be ideal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I think Blue, but I can't remember all of them. IIRC, Blue had a better game corner.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think Blue, but I can't remember all of them. IIRC, Blue had a better game corner.
Hehe, there'll be time to discuss and vote when the thread in the 1st gen section is made. ;) This is just planning/discussion on the idea to turn such a discussion into an article. But nonetheless the Game Corner is indeed another point of difference!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I think it would just be easier to just have a thread alone to have a poll. Otherwise, as you said, it would get messy to count votes because there would be double ones, or maybe people would want to vote but would miss out on seeing the article on Daily.

And there's going to be a thread on the forum anyhow to gather comments from. Just make things easier for polling sake and have one poll instead of two polls on two different mediums.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I double the idea that a thread would be much better to manage and to organize, yeah. Other than that, this looks like a good idea!

Not a lot of exclusives between the two as you've pointed out, so, I'm thinking maybe people would vote based on the game they've played firstly as well~?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I double the idea that a thread would be much better to manage and to organize, yeah. Other than that, this looks like a good idea!

Not a lot of exclusives between the two as you've pointed out, so, I'm thinking maybe people would vote based on the game they've played firstly as well~?
Yeah, I imagine some votes will be nostalgia based. However the discussion part of the artcile will be on those version exclusives and changes with the Game Corner.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yep. Blue has more expensive prices for dratini, but lower prices for porygon. overall, Blue is cheaper.

Back