• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
can this have another option?

If not, then no. 1
If yes, then Send out "Houndoom" and see where he goes..
Usually, it's encouraged to choose one of the available options. But yes, suggestions are always welcome for inclusions to what are there, as long as it's related to what is picked.
Improvisation at its finest! Reminds me of the days when we were capturing Pokémon with a butterfly net. xD
The idea of being a weird Bug Catcher that feeds his Pokémon some 'special herb'. Kind of wondering how Scrambles is doing right now, since he's quite the staple of a novelty starter from the first iteration, and at least not drugged as I can see, I think.

I feel flattered, but thank you. :]
I'm gonna follow Cuddles' instinct. There's gotta be a reason why he was always so suspicious, right? :D
Well, a Pokémon are to protect their Trainer at all cost, no matter how poor they serve theirs in many ways possible. It's a mutual thing, really.

...Or maybe there is a reason that even I don't know what it is. Hmm, whatever floats in our mind, eh?

For some reason, we actually have a tie between the two most selected options. As it appears, the wait has gone long enough, where I'm going to push it with what I had in mind.

Ultimately, you are to decide where to go. Which path do you choose?
  1. ► Follow Cuddles' lead to the left. - 3 Votes
  2. ► I don't think so, Cuddles. The right path had to be the right one. - 3 Votes
  3. ► Let's ignore the two paths and keep walking to the center. - 2 Votes

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×4
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
4marJqs.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 25: "Which is it?!"

The three sections stood still gaping, waiting for one's passage through each one. The Wailmer, Cuddles, leans to the left path. The mysterious noise comes from the right. The center, is just as dark and much more wider than the former two. Whichever path leads you to where your curiosity goes depends on what you choose, but somehow, you can't decide which.

It has been minutes ever since you lock your eyes at it, only to be interrupted with a sudden flinch of your own by the sound of something tumbling. Responsively, Cuddles quickly takes a stance toward where the voice, this time coming to the center path you don't really consider that much. This can't be good, right? You think carefully whether you should find out what was just ahead of you.

"...Hello again. What are you doing in this place?" Conceivably, the soft voice also originate from the center. It gives a sense of relief that its speech doesn't ring off anything threatening, more of a question that is natural to be asked by those who dwell inside their 'home'. But the feeling dissipates as soon as it comes closer, its pinkish body lightened by your Casteliacone's purple light, the same chipper expression from where you saw it just minutes ago. Something is off.

"This place is dangerous. You should turn back, now." It was Chansey from the grounds just above. Her voice isn't changing, but the warning clearly comes from her mouth. "Staying here won't do good to any of us. You will lose your way, and it will be very bad. Don't even think about getting past where I stand too. I'm trying to protect you. So, be obedient, and find the train. Please, I beg of you."

1. Turn back.
  2. Stay.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I'm actually torn on this choice, haha. But maybe there's something valuable beyond this point that Chansey doesn't want us to obtain...

Let's try #2, then! High stakes are always interesting. :D

Uh-oh, why does that bear a striking resemblance to...?

Spoiler:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
You've been warned to leave the place at once, and your answer is...
  1. Turn back. - 2 Votes
  2. ► Stay. - 5 Votes

Pokémon
iIalld2.png

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

×4

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3

Key Items
4marJqs.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Chapter 26: Vs. Chansey

For a while, you were thinking why Chansey is being so defensive. It seems unnatural to see her contrasting side to take place in where she tries to stop you from going further to the unknown. Granted, none of your Pokémon and you have the slightest idea of what she could mean by danger lurking in its end. She could very well mean that it might be true, and it might be better to head back to safety now than be sorry later.

...However, you didn't lean backward. Neither did Cuddles, nor the glowing Casteliacone you are holding into. While her debatable warning may sound sincere, her presence in this place is just as weird. "Why is she here?" The question is thrown out almost immediately at Chansey, who doesn't seem to flinch at your refusal of paying heed to her words. Instead, she simply raises a stance that knowingly warrants one thing to settle it all — a contest of might. Typical.

"If there isn't a way to convince you...then let's see how determined you are by getting past me." She continued, "Prove it to me, here and now, that your decision isn't a display of baseless ignorance."

That wasn't really intended, but it appears that failure isn't an option either. What should you do?
  1. Accept her challenge by sending Cuddles to deal with her.
  2. Accept her challenge by sending Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic to deal with her.
  3. Gang on her by sending both Pokémon. Quantity is everything!
  4. Attempt to throw a Poké Ball in hopes to catch her. She's a wild Pokémon, right?
  5. Be a wimp pacifist by refusing to fight.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
2. I'll send out Han to see how strong he is since this would be my first battle with him.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Whoa, #3 is actually a legit option? o_o That sounds almost too convenient to be true, but... I guess we might as well try it! :D

(Also, I like how you made special CSS for the occasion!)

Goodness, that's some real nightmare fuel right there. :freaked-out:

jDsxqkr.jpg

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Seems like I'm late just like usual, and also amused by the fact that most of us doesn't care about dignity by a tidbit. But enough of that, because here it comes.

Hi,i am newbie and this look fun!Cani i join?������
Woa chansey huh?So cute!Let's go with 3#

Also, welcome to PokéCommunity. And yes, you can join in anytime you want.

That wasn't really intended, but it appears that failure isn't an option either. What should you do?
  1. Accept her challenge by sending Cuddles to deal with her.
  2. Accept her challenge by sending Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic to deal with her. - 2 Votes
  3. Gang on her by sending both Pokémon. Quantity is everything! - 5 Votes ("Dignity is for the weak.")
  4. Attempt to throw a Poké Ball in hopes to catch her. She's a wild Pokémon, right? ...Right?
  5. Be a wimp pacifist by refusing to fight. - 1 Vote (What a rare peaceful species to be a goodie goodie.)

Pokémon
iIalld2.png

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (♂) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

×4

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3

Key Items
4marJqs.png

Chapter 27: Terrified

No matter how grave or petty the circumstances might sound, the easiest way to settle matters is through the outcome of a fight. Taking the first turn, Chansey raises the egg on her resting pouch, then hurls it at your direction. Responsively, Cuddles jumps in on its tracks and shoots out yellowish lasers through its glowing eyes of doom toward the incoming projectile, causing an explosion that slightly pushes you and both combatants. This Chansey is surely not to be underestimated, but of course...

You remember having another Pokémon within your roster, and you have yet to use him for anything worthy of destruction, or lesser than the currently occurring combat. This would've been the perfect the chance to see how well will he fare, because Cuddles alone might find it troublesome given how narrow the corridor is. No hesitation, you flick the second Poké Ball aloft as it opens to reveal the Pokémon within — Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic, the Houndoom, reluctantly joining in the fray by nimbly landing on his forelegs first.

"What is the meaning of this? And I thou-" Her speech is cut short as you notice a gasping voice that isn't yours, nor hers. It came from Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic, latching closely on the wall, fear filling his raised black furs at the newfound sight it sees. You, Cuddles, and Chansey, aren't too sure of what possessed Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic to be this timid, especially when he was the ferocious leader of a pack plotting to attack you and Cuddles, only to be foiled by a simple Bounce of luck. ...Oh wait, if that's the case, then Cuddles is responsible for taking away his grasp of reality. Nice job, Cuddles!

"Good lord, what did you do to this poor Pokémon?" An expression of worry grows on her, contrasting her intention on stopping you. She apparently cares her foe more than herself, somehow. "You look really pale to me. Are you feeling alright? Here, touch this egg. It'll make you feel much better."

Is it necessary to interrupt?
  1. "Of course! We're in the middle of a battle! Pull yourself together and let's defeat her!"
  2. "On second thought, that isn't so bad. Maybe this can all be dealt without anyone getting hurt."
  3. "Let's take this opportunity to throw a Poké Ball at that Chansey."

Back