• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [EM] Safe, fast and dynamic Pokemon Expansion

MissingNo. / M (00)

M̶̽͛͛̂̅̈̒̈́̓̒͝ ̘̱̬̺̣͚̖̮̗͆̾i̵ ̨̢̨̬̙͖̃̂̌̋̈́̔? ?? �� ��
Years
Done, but the game breaks when entering the pokedex. I did something wrong, but I don't know what.

I'm having the same problem, I have tried for days to get this expansion to work properly and for the most part I just get various different errors in PGE.

Eventually I got it to install properly I think, everything works as intended in PGE no errors and all the new moves of the Battle engine and the new Pokemon
entry's show up and can be edited no problem, But now the Pokedex forces the game to restart anytime its opened. And that is on a new game.

I just keep getting different errors using this. Hopefully someone can help me, I can use dizzy's other mods no problem except for this.

Years
I'm having the same problem, I have tried for days to get this expansion to work properly and for the most part I just get various different errors in PGE.

Eventually I got it to install properly I think, everything works as intended in PGE no errors and all the new moves of the Battle engine and the new Pokemon
entry's show up and can be edited no problem, But now the Pokedex forces the game to restart anytime its opened. And that is on a new game.

I just keep getting different errors using this. Hopefully someone can help me, I can use dizzy's other mods no problem except for this.

That's unfortunate. Mind to show me your expansion.py script? Along with battle engine's config.h file.

MissingNo. / M (00)

Years

MissingNo. / M (00)

Years
Maybe it does. Show screens of the tool's setting you used then.

Almost everything is left at default, here is what all the different things are set to when I do it.

2b3wkyl45r7b6v96g.jpg

cqgoepnhztd3b516g.jpg

t6l2qg7ds9qrl4x6g.jpg

MissingNo. / M (00)

Years
Not sure. Try changing number of adding pokemon to 220 or more.

Tried a clean rom and applied everything I did before and did the change like you said and then started a new game and I got the pokedex, whenever I open it it causes the game to restart.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Tried a clean rom and applied everything I did before and did the change like you said and then started a new game and I got the pokedex, whenever I open it it causes the game to restart.
Open an issue on the rom base generator Github. I'll take a look this weekend. Please mention as much information as possible such as which ROM dump you are using and what you are trying to open in PGE. The ROM base generator is still in beta fyi.

MissingNo. / M (00)

Years
Open an issue on the rom base generator Github. I'll take a look this weekend. Please mention as much information as possible such as which ROM dump you are using and what you are trying to open in PGE. The ROM base generator is still in beta fyi.

Initially I was not thrilled at making an account solely just to make an issue on Github.
But I really like your projects and I want to support you and the tools you make.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Yeah i installed the pokemon expansion and the battle engine just like KDS said, and the pokedex crashes on opening it. Tried with national dex and that wont work either. Megas and everything else are perfect though.

Trainer 781

Yeah i installed the pokemon expansion and the battle engine just like KDS said, and the pokedex crashes on opening it. Tried with national dex and that wont work either. Megas and everything else are perfect though.

Try to insert expansion first by working around the steps.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Try to insert expansion first by working around the steps.

No it didn't work, but this time pge spits put errors and the game crashes upon entering a battle. Not sure what is going wrong, but the catalyst is the pokemon expansion

EDIT : For some reason pokemon expansion wont even work by itself, get that pokedex crash again :(

Also i dont know if it matters, but i only want to expand the pokes to 991 slots, and 802 national dex slots. Am i exceeding a limit here? Can someone else try and see that the newest edits from github (jan 20), and see if it works?

Last edited:
Years
For some reason pokemon expansion wont even work by itself, get that pokedex crash again :(

Also i dont know if it matters, but i only want to expand the pokes to 991 slots, and 802 national dex slots. Am i exceeding a limit here? Can someone else try and see that the newest edits from github (jan 20), and see if it works?

I just run the scripts with pokes slots set to 991 and national dex slots set to 802 and it worked fine. Perhaps the crash was caused by previous dex cursor position or no dex flags set.
Try starting a new game, get dex and see if it works. Or set dex flags manually in RAM via emulator's memory viewer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
I just run the scripts with pokes slots set to 991 and national dex slots set to 802 and it worked fine. Perhaps the crash was caused by previous dex cursor position or no dex flags set.
Try starting a new game, get dex and see if it works. Or set dex flags manually in RAM via emulator's memory viewer.

Clean rom, fresh master folder, compiled code, set dex flags, still freezes. Im at a loss of words, don't know whats going on :(

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Anyone who is willing to try this, update your devkit to 1.6.0, after you do this and insert expanded pokemon, your game should freeze when you open the pokedex. Dizzy updated his and he got my same issue. We need a solution, uninstallation doesnt work

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021

You can fix this by installing devkitARM r45.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I feel silly asking, but would it be possible to have a tutorial with pictures, or a video? This is my first time using this kind of thing and I want to make sure I set the parameters correctly. I first attempt resulted in freezing when checking the pokedex and my second led to a freeze in the intro when Birch sent out Lotad. With a visual guide, I'd be able to understand more clearly what to change and what to leave alone.

Back