• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years

The world of Pokemon. A vast, expansive land full of mysterious creatures with awesome powers. These are the Pokemon. Humans raise these creatures not only as companions, but also for battle. Worldwide tournaments are held so trainers can test their strength and abilities.

However, the world is changing. Trainers are becoming more and more competitive. Radio contests are held in order to weed out the rookies from those with innate skill. Only these individuals are eligible to receive their first Pokemon from Professor Oak in Pallet Town. Others are allowed to become Pokemon trainers, but they must acquire their Pokemon on their own. Because of this, thievery is more prevalent than ever. Pokemon are sold on the Black Market. The Elite Four are no more, and instead have become contestants in the Grand Tournament.

Everyone's one dream is to enter the Grand Tournament held in the summer. A huge tourist attraction for inhabitants of all four regions, the Grand Tournament is the largest tournament a trainer could enter. It is jam-packed with food and rides, as well as tournaments for both trainers and coordinators. In order to be part of this prestigious contest, you must obtain all eight badges from each region.

You are an up-and-coming trainer who has won a radio contest, and thus, are to be given a brand new Pokemon today. You, along with the other winners, may choose to travel in a group, or to go off on your own. Based on the responses you gave in your winning entry, your Pokemon has been pre-selected.

"Alright, boys and girls, it's finally time to announce the winners…"

Rules:
1) No god-modding. This is the biggest. If you make yourself exceptionally powerful or start controlling other's characters, you will receive a warning. One more and I kick you out.
2) I will select your starter Pokemon based on your "contest entry" (aka your Sign-up). If there is a Pokemon you absolutely do not want, please tell me. I'm not going to give you something you're not going to enjoy working with. However, I won't take requests for a Pokemon you DO want.
3) If you've never RP'd before, that's okay! Everyone has to start somewhere! As long as you're literate, you have as good a shot as anyone else!
4) If you're going to be inactive for a period of time, please tell me.
5) It's PG-14 to PG-16, kiddies.
All other common-knowledge rules apply.

Sign-up:
Name:
Personality: (Please be detailed here. I would imagine that your personality is multi-faceted as well, and you aren't just "hot-headed")
History: (You don't have to be quite as detailed here.)
RP Sample: (If you're new to roleplaying, please give me a small sample that you've made up on the spot)

I'll post mine later! Thanks for looking!

Starters:
Bulbasaur: maRik
Charmander: Trainer Kat
Squirtle:
Chikorita:
Cyndaquil: Degenerate
Totodile: Jim
Treecko: Evkay
Torchic: Marilyn
Mudkip: yazio
Turtwig:
Chimchar: Oni Raichu
Piplup: Phanima
Pikachu: Lash

Kicked -
Sharpedochu Reason: Huge hiatus after a single post with no forewarning.

Last edited:

Lash

Years
Might as well.

Name: Marcus Sturro

Appearance: I guess I will just use a picture, since I haven't roleplayed for a good amount of time.
Spoiler:

Might as well add some description-
Being at the teen-age of 14, Marcus doesn't tower at too tall of a height, somewhere around 4'11" and 5'6". However, he is not short, so he doesn't have any visible extra fat, most assuming at first glance a weight of 109IBS. Guess being near his exact weight of 111IBS. Making him thin/skinny, he has no muscle buildup. As for the color of his hair, he is a blond, styled to be free, with few spikes near the front of his hair- Not sticking up however. As for clothing style: Red and gray shoes, tied, unlike other people his age who have their shoe laces loose. The top of the shoe tongue is covered by the cuffs of his light blue pants, not styled at all. Just normal, light blue Levi jeans. He wears a gray shirt with no sleeves. Over that, he wears a black jacket, neither button up or zip. The jacket also has a collar at the neck. Pockets are visible on this jacket. His skin color is Caucasian, and his eye color shades from a light red to black.

Personality: Multi-personalities, like anyone else his age, are all charged by his welled up, growing mind. Most of the time, Marcus is a rather kind person, with a smile on his face. He does have a tendency to goof off from time to time, always wanting to be a part of the current action. He does sound like the kind of person that would have an abundance of friends, he doesn't have many. If they are in danger however, he steps out to defend them. Out of the three friends he has, he is the only one who entered the Radio Contest, the three encouraging him to take it on, like any other challenge that has come his way in life.

History: Living in the outskirts/outfields of Viridian City and Pallet Town, Marcus does have too much technological advances, mainly those used for entertainment: Such as a home computer, and a television. Other than that, he only has a house phone, a cell phone, and a radio. He often listens to music on his cell phone or the radio. If he is not on either of those, he still has the radio with him to listen to music, or for anything interesting on the air while hanging out with his friends. He got the radio on his 12th birthday, and has never let it go since. He enjoys looking up into the sky/night sky laying down in the grass, often thinking of Pokemon, watching the Butterfree fly in the sky. He wanted to go out and train with Pokemon when he was 11, but he was not ready. He did not want to leave home.

RP Sample:
Already written RP Sample:
Spoiler:

One I thought up of now:

Spoiler:

Phew. Hope it was good enough. If there is anything wrong, let me know.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
Years
Name: Tony
Appearance:
45.png

Personality: Tony is a aragont teen. He is even worse then Paul and Gary. But the only differnce from Paul and Tony is, Tony shows passion to his pokemon when no one watches. In battle Tony will be dominate and hates to lose. With that attitude Tony's got he has never lost, and doesn't plan on it. Tony won't put to much presser on the battle field with his pokemon, he likes to take it nice and easy. (All of this is when he was a ranger)

History:Tony was a former pokemon ranger, but then Tony wanted to be a trainer instead.Tony was a former member of Team Snagem until he realized what they where doing to pokemon were wrong, and had to become a ranger. Tony took down Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Snagem and the Go Rock Squad.

RP Sample: I participated in Waves of Darkness. I haven't written one yet.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
dName: W.

Appearance: Sorry, hard to describe.
profilepic70891_2.gif
(This is my actual appearance. Also I have a optical aid in my left eye)
Personality: Shy but reckless person. He always likes to study in his free time. In his free time, he would train with his pokemon. He is patient in battles but watch out, he could be sensitive. A very humble person but afraid to interact with people, but in battles he is known for his cold heartedness.

History:Born in Snowpoint City, he is very well known for his knowledge about pokemons. At first he disliked poemons, but as he was studying near a steam he saw a hurt Absol. He had no other choice but to help him. That provoked him to help all pokemons, by becoming a trainer himself and a scientist. A very powerful trainer known for his signature moves. Currently studying Astronomy, he continually searching for a comet. He usually wake up in the dawn, and devote himself finding his dream comet.

RP Sample:
Walking back and forth across the room, W. pondered on how that Darkrai got in there.

As he was thinking, he heard muffling sounds. It was the bouncer, still frozen.

"Will you keep quiet!! I was thinking on how..." he paused. 'Maybe he could be of help, but can we take the risk?'. "Eric we need your assistance!" The Lucario said(through telepathy of course)'What can I do now?'

"Break that ice that keep that man frozen"

'But master, will you take the risk?'

"Nah... we might able to get some imformation out of him" W. said defiantly. After a few seconds the blue sphere Eric charged hit the ice. W. suddendly grab hold of the pale bouncer, sneering at them.
"What's going on? " Horo shouted as the team heard a explosion inside. The bouncer still sneered at them. "You can't get near that thing near at you? Heh, heh, heh..."

"Tell me now, is there another way to access to the next floor without encountering that, that thing?! Answer me!" Horo shouted. "Why should I?! Huh?????!!!!!!" the bouncer shouted back, still pale as ever.

"Because you have to... Ceryl hypnotize him" Celia said slowly.

In the matter of seconds, the bouncer is in hypnosis.

"Now tell me, how to access the next floor without endangering ourselves" W. said.

"Uh... uh?? What? Oh, there is a secret entrance, right next with the door with the, the codes. Just unlock the right combinations and your done..." the bouncer droned. Then he fell asleep.

W. shook him, "What is the combinations?" The bouncer droned on the combinations then he fell into deep sleep again.

After Johannes tied him up, W. unlocked the combinations, and then a secret door appeared next to the door in which W. unlocked. "It leads to a Spiral staircase, a small one." W. observed.

"Right then! Let's go!" Horo said.

Last edited:

Degenerate

Immortal
Years
Patrick "Grasshopper" Pitter

Name
Patrick Pitter

Nickname
Grasshopper

Appearance

(Is the picture a must, or an option? I wouldn't be able to find a picture of him as this guy comes straight from my head. I can draw no better than a chicken can; I couldn't draw Patrick if I wanted to. I hope you don't mind if I just make the appearance more detailed to make up for a lack of a picture?)

Patrick Pitter is of a dark, caramel complexion. A lane of tall green spikes of hair runs down the centre of his head, dividing his scalp into two equal samples, utterly bald on either side. His bony face bears not an ounce of fat, leaving his cheeks undefined and flat. He wears lime green contacts over his naturally brown eyes. A thin neck connects his head to his upper body, which is relatively large in build, high muscle mass apparent on his chest and his bulky arms. In spite of his somewhat bigger torso, Patrick's lower half is anything but. Long skinny legs extend from his beltline, while not very strong looking, they've proved to be great accessories when he needs to get around on foot fast or leap impressive heights.

For clothing, Patrick takes a liking to tight fitting muscle shirts, preferably white in colour, with a green grasshopper design stitched onto the back. Black armbands are wrapped around both of his muscular biceps. He tapes up his wrists and hands with material that resembles white bandages. His emerald boxing shorts sparkle under certain light sources, white stripes running down the outer sides. The same grasshopper emblem sits on the belt of his shorts. He wears a pair of matching boots. Other notable accessories include six earrings (three on either ear) and a velvet choker adorned in sequins.

Personality

More often than not, Patrick is a very gruff and outspoken individual, hardly ever biting his tongue on any issue. That said, it's not surprising he often draws attention to himself. He can be quite verbally aggressive without even realising it, taking great pride in his rugged personality and fearlessness. Amongst his friends, he can be a bit of a show-off, flexing his muscles simply for the sake of flexing his muscles. However, he does treat his friends with a fair amount of respect and even takes to protecting them with his own body. Patrick usually treats strangers with a condescending attitude, almost as if they have to prove themselves worthy of his respect before he gives it to them. He considers himself a very manly man.

However, that is only one side of Patrick Pitter's personality. Little is known about what exactly triggers it, but on occasional instances, his hard-headed and brash personality flips to a complete opposite. Patrick becomes timid and considerably less self-absorbed. Even his walk changes, to something more elegant, rivalling a supermodel on the catwalk. He becomes a lot more friendly to anybody he sets eyes on, especially guys. The deepness in his voice is replaced with a higher pitched tone. He gives out hugs at random. These episodes may last anywhere between mere seconds to several hours. As is with the case for its beginning, little is actually known about what triggers it stop.

History

Patrick was a people's person with many friends. He would do anything to please those he cared about as it granted him a great deal of satisfaction like nothing else could. This was not always possible however, as a critical event in his childhood proved. He had two best friends. He cared very much for both of them. One was a boy he enjoyed wrestling with and the other a girl he took up ballet with. Everything was perfect at first, the three of them got along without incident. But then, his two best friends had a falling out. One day at the local playground, they both asked him to make a choice because he couldn't hang out with both of them any more.

Naturally, Patrick couldn't make such a hard decision; he loved them both. One of his best friends decided he'd make the choice for him and grabbed him by the arm, beginning to pull him away when his other best friend grabbed him by the other hand, tugging him in the opposite direction. And that's when it happened. Nobody saw it coming. A stray Alakazm teleported into existence out of nowhere and zapped poor Patrick with a physic wave, unable to avoid it as he was still stuck in the game of tug of war for his friendship. It was this event that prompted his double personality, one being the more masculine side his male friend appreciated and the other being a more feminine version of him that his female friend preferred. Ever since then, random unknown things would trigger his personality switch.

Now, Patrick has dedicated his life to searching for that Alakazm, desperate to learn where it had come from and why it zapped him at that precise moment.

Other

Patrick Pitter's nickname "Grasshopper" was given to him for two reasons; he could jump the highest out of all the students in elementary school, and he had a peculiar habit of eating grasshoppers.

RP Sample

The sudden appearance of Darkrai had come unexpected even to Vega, but more surprising, was that the defiant gang of young trainers had succeeded in disabling such a formidable force, quite a pointy thorn in the side they were turning out to be. Nonetheless, Darkrai was going to pay for the consequences of its failure, and the same judgement was to be passed on to all the bouncers that proved useless. He would see to that personally if need be. It still got passed him how an extremely wealthy company like Pristine Eclipse could recruit so much inadequate help. He sighed.

Vega had no time to worry about those things however. There should've been only one thing at the top of his priority list - obtaining all the data they needed from the company's database, then making a swift exit. Remembering the main objective of the mission, the blond-haired man turned to one of the scientists still typing away at the keyboard furiously. "Becker, how much longer?"

"A little more than five minutes, sir." As expected, his response came with a hefty dose of hesitance.

"Sir!" Another employee suddenly jumped from his seat, an urgent sense of desperation spilling into his voice. "I think you need to come and take a look at this."

What now? Vega grumbled. He was directed to the events playing out on one of the monitors. His eyes widened at what he was seeing on the screen. "But how did they…" The question trailed off into silence. It appeared the delinquents had somehow found their way to the spiral staircase. This unexpected chain of events had the potential of jeopardizing the success of the mission. Vega balled a fist in one hand, grunting irritably.

"What do we do, sir?"

It was time to think quickly, something he was fortunate enough to be able to accomplish. According to Becker, all they needed was five more minutes, in essence, what they needed was something to delay the intruders for that long. Vega surveyed the room, pointing out five of the employees at random. "You, you, you, you, and you! Get out there and keep those brats busy."

The men nodded in response simultaneously. Armed with their pokéballs, they made their way down the staircase to intercept the kids. "Hopefully, you can actually do something right for once!" Vega spat. There was one more thing he needed to set into place. He picked out one more employee. "Hey you, whatever your name is, I've got a really important mission for you…"

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Name: Kamada Kozue

Appearance: Kozue's appearance is one that resembles a kid that is way over his head, regardless of the situation. He has an innocence that invariably makes him appear much younger than he really is, which can at times, work in his favour...or not. Despite this, he is almost always seen with a smile on his face and has an aura that just exuberates optimism.

In respect to his already beaming and happy-go-lucky persona, Kozue's tastes in clothes tend to also reflect a brighter and positive attitude that he harbours, despite how obscure. His usual attire consists of three simple articles of clothing, the first being a tight black tank-top with an outline of a Pokeball design imprinted across the chest and in grey. The second includes a pair of black leg-hugging jeans that cover his legs from the waist down and is supported by a black silver-buckle belt. The final article of clothing is a simple pair of white high-top sneakers with a black and white diamond pattern. He also adorns a number of other accessories that he likes to add to complete his look, his main ones including a matching black silver-buckle collar-belt and a single silver bangle on each arm.

Altogether, along with his bleach blonde mop-top hair, bright ocean blue eyes and soft olive skin, Kozue looks little to no different from a...girl.

Personality: Much like how he dresses, Kozue's personality is one of optimism and positiveness. He has an innate desire to look on the brighter side of situations regardless of how grave they might actually be, and this can be seen as one of his better but also one of his worst assets. Always being able to see the positive through the negative isn't always the best outlook to have and incidently, causes Kozue to become somewhat oblivious to future problems and conflicts. But in most situations, he can always be counted on for support and a sympathetic ear if needed.

History: Kozue grew up with his surrogate mother and sister after being adopted from an orphanage when he was five years old. His mother worked as a government employee who worked closely with the military, science and technological departments. She held quite a high position in the government and had a lot of responsibilites to take care of, some more important than others. This however, had little to no effect on Kozue and his sister, since from a young age, they learnt to appreciate their mother's hard work in providing for them and didn't take her for granted. It was a little disappointing, but also understandable.

Despite this, Kozue grew up to be a caring and kind-hearted person who loved all his family and friends. In actuality, one of his first friends was a Pokemon; a Mawhile his mother had brought home, from one of the government's research departments. He and his sister spent the majority of their childhood and junior years in school with their first friend by their sides, but after a number of years since being relieved from the government's care, Mawhile was called back for further analysis involving comparison tests and certain gene enhancing experiments. All of this was of course kept confidential and Kozue was told little to nothing about his first friend and Pokemon's sudden leave. His mother did what she could to comfort him and taught him to be strong in such scenarios and that he shouldn't dwell on what has already happened, but to look forward to what the future might hold instead. This was the main catalyst in his now over enthusiastic and optimistic demeanor.

This small plot also started his love and interest in Pokemon and what inspired him to part-take in a radio contest where, if he won, would receive his first very own Pokemon.

RP Sample: (taken from Pokemon: Neo Genesis by Alter Ego, post by Phanima): Whatever the two older coots were rambling about didn't concern her, but the mere notion that she was apart of their conversation kept her from completely losing control. Their accompanying Pokemon wasn't helping her recently awoken mood either and she had half a mind to join in the continuing fray. Seeing the old man known as L.A. standing firmly in his place as he instructed his partner's attacks however, she found herself watching the scene in very subdued admiration.
Despite his appearance, the old man could actually hold his own, but she was certain that all he was good for was barking orders at overgrown hippos to do his dirty work for him, although it was impressive nonetheless. In the opposing coot's case, although younger in appearance and clad in black, since they had never met he held no relevance to Plum's attention, so she did what she did best, became oblivious to his existence.

It was then that the L.A. geezer directed her attention towards a fairly large suitcase, sitting atop of what was left of the grand table that had previously filled the room, its upper case propped open, its contents sitting in full view. Three eggs sat in the case's holding and just as her suspicious gaze fell upon them, L.A. continued explaining that they were in reality, Pokemon eggs, as in, there were actually real Pokemon inside each of the remaining shells.

"That's just stupid!" the samurai chick cut in, waving her arms frantically as if the man' statement was deeply insulting. "Even I know that Pokemon can't fit in eggs this small! What are you trying to pull, bastard-chan?!" Her waving motions ceased and with a finger pointing at the oversized suitcase, she glared down her target who continued with his explanation, unfazed by her sudden objection.

Ignoring someone when they were talking to you was just rude, but in this case, it just pissed her off, more so than usual. Surprisingly however, she found herself forgetting her rage when the subject of the whereabouts of the others was brought to light, in conjunction with L.A.'s previous request of secluding the eggs somewhere safe and out of reach from this, Garland Gang. It was also then that bastard-chan directed her attention once again to another exit, one that apparently led to such whereabouts.

Finishing his brief briefing, L.A. returned his full attention to the ensuing battle that had been playing out in the background. Seeing the current situation, the chic samurai finally breathed a frustrated sigh but nodded in agreement as if everyone could see such a subtle gesture.

"Alright, I'll do it! But only because I care more about finding Jade-san than kicking your old ass for answers!" she exclaimed with a wicked smile as she dashed under the charging Steelix, gripping the open case under her arms, and made her way towards the appointed exit. "But don't forget that I'm coming back for you bastard-chan, so I don't want to come back and find you gone, alright?!" With that, she bashed the semi-open door and bolted down the cavernous decor tunnel.

~

It had only been five minutes before she found herself propped up against the cold rocky wall, her head hung and her breathing staggered. During those five minutes, she had run nonstop and despite covering quite a bit of ground, she realised that doing such a thing was exceedingly difficult in an enclosed area with very narrow ventilation and with a pair of getas nonetheless.

Looking over at the case from which she had kept open in order to maintain a suspicious watch over, she again found herself debating what her next step should be. It was another one of those situations in which she had rushed into, without thinking about the consequences. For now she was lost, tired and susceptibly grumpy, and not just at L.A. but at the others too, for running away in the first place. If it were her, she would've stayed and fought, regardless how precious these stupid eggs were.

"Ugh...what's the big deal with these things anyway?" she huffed, adjusting her slipping top as she bent over the open case. "Stupid bastard-san, Pokemon can't fit inside eggs...but I guess they are pretty looking..."

It was then that the destined pale yellow braised and biggest of the remaining eggs caught her attention, and not because she had acknowledged L.A.'s explanation of them harbouring genetically altered Pokemon, but because of the simple fact that she had not eaten since she had arrived on this cursed island.

Her stomach growled as she surveyed the egg and recognised it as the largest of the lot. The bigger the egg, the more it would satisfy her hunger, and that was all she cared about right now. So without hesitation or any moral objection, she gripped her bamboo sword in hand and with a reckless yet powerful blow, she struck the capsule encasing the yellow egg. What followed such an action knocked her clean off of her feet and back against the rocky wall as any hopes of filling her growling gut disappeared.

Shattered glass and egg shell littered the dirt ground as a suspicious fluid spilled from what remained of the capsule. In place of what the teen samurai had hoped for, which was an already boiled egg, a petite fuzzy yet dangerously armed creature appeared.

Swearing under her breath as she rubbed the back of her head, the teen quickly got to her feet as the newly hatched creature struggled to do the same. It was no taller than her waist, what stood in place of her desired meal, but it did have two abnormally sized...

"Wait, what the hell is this thing?" she exclaimed, staring at the green creature that had finally gotten onto its clawed feet, its arms piercing the ground in an effort to support its weight. In addition to its overly green colour scheme, bug hinge limbs and clear bee-like wings, what drew the most attention to the creature were the two clean arch blades that hung from its arms. They were very much like scythes that the farmers back in her village used to use for harvesting. They made quite good tools for farming back home, but in this case, it was as if the creature had been born with two swords in place of hands, as if it was designed to use them as weapons.

The Bug Pokemon growled as it steadied itself into a full standing position, its blade-like hands waving dangerously in front of it. Just what had that old bastard done? Prodding the creature's blades, the teen samurai watched as it fell to the ground after attempting to resist its unknowingly new partner's pushing. It was then that the bladed bug's wings began to beat, an instinctive reflex that inevitably allowed the monster to maintain its balance.

"Whoa! You can fly?" she exclaimed as she watched the Pokemon hover awkwardly onto its feet.

The Scyther barked in response to its new partner's comment, as if attempting to communicate with the scarcely covered samurai, who suddenly seemed uncharacteristically pleased in discovering such a creature.

Despite her earlier thoughts and disappointment of not having anything to eat for hours, hatching the green bug with blades turned out to be more fun then she could have expected, despite not expecting it at all. Her sudden change of interest in the creature was quickly overshadowed by the realisation of her mission in safeguarding the eggs as well as finding the others.

So without hesitation, the chic teen samurai wrapped the remaining two eggs and case under one arm while grasping her getas and sword in the other before turning to who was to be her new partner.

"Let's beat it Sharpy," she said with a furrowed smile, pulling out the first nickname she could think of, "we've got some asses to kick!"

Last edited:

DrazenHayato

The Impact
Years
Name: Drazen Hayato
Personality: His strong, unshakable confidence, analytical skill, and cautious nature. He is sadistic when some is trying to attack his friends and family. He never gives up and he is alway training, because he wants to be the clan leader one day. He is always looking out for his friends and family. He is always in a good mood unless you mess with him or his friends and family. Some people think he is a monster, because the way he gets in combat sometimes he takes things to far.
Appearance: Drazen has long blone hair. It pass his chin, but for most part it is under his black bandana. He has the japanese courage symbol is located at the front of his bandana. He wears a faded green jacket. It was his fathers so thats why it is faded. He wears a black shirt underneath the jacket, there is also a silver piece located at his neck.

His shirt is long sleeve, which goes well with the jacket. He wears white bandages that wrap around his wrist, that go to his elbow. He has faded green gloves that have silver pieces on them. He has black paint under his eyes. He wears black pants, that go to his ankle. He weres white bangages over them, that go up to his knees. Drazen ususally has he black peice of cloth that covers his face, but sometimes leaves it down.

History: He was born on cinnabar island always watching the fire pokemon play and battle. Then his was going family move, but nowing how much he cared about the fire pokemon they stayed. He went to vist the fire pokemon every day taking them food.
RP Sample: Sweat poured from his brow as he forced his gems upon the different target marks surrouding him. His breaths were heavy and long winded as he stood in a defensive stance, watching and waiting for the marks to begin there movements once again. I have to get stronger. I have to become the best. He had never been one to just settle for anything less then perfect and he wasnt going to start now. It was a saturday morning and unlike others he had been up since five practing and training both mind and body to reach a new level of power and strength.

With his Kunai in hand, and others hidden from physical sight the dark haired ten year old lifted it before his face. 3, 2, 1. Now. He flicked his wrist and the first Kunai went soaring through the hot summer air, striking the first target dead in the center. Moving witihn seconds both hands were throwing more Kunai towards the moving targets, hitting them though not all perfect shots. He kept moving at a steady pace as he turned, jumped, and flipped releasing the sharp weapons upon the lifeless marks.

With a barcade of Kunai soaring through the air he put his hands together forming different hand signs. With the last sign forming hisrose his hands to his lips as he perfromed the Kamaitachi no Jutsu . With a small puff of air from his mouth through his fingers the air exploded forward flowing after the soaring Kunai, adding more speed to them that they seemed to become nearly invisiable to the naked eye.

Naoki stood in dead silence as the swift blade cut right through the different marks, tearing a few into pieces from such speed. As the last one struck its market he flipped around and landed upon his feet, with his hands still in formation of the jutsu he just finishing performing. "I still need to practice on pin pointing the wind currents to make the blade faster and more accurate." As his hands lowered he felt someone presence approaching. Without saying a word his hand extended releasing another kunai towards his left.

"I know your there", he said as he repositioned himself ready for the unknown warrior to reveal themselves. The Sutekh heir wasn't sure how long this mystery person had been watching him or even why they were out here this early. Most people should be in the village just now waking up or starting there day. He thought as he kept his hues locked on the spot his blade had flown.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Name: Fenra (Fen) Kurai

Appearance: An average height kid, about 5'7 and 130 pounds with lightly tanned skin. A very lean and slender boy. He has deep green, yet bright eyes. They have a light, gentle appearance to them yet at the same time give him the appearance of always being tired. He has shaggy, Olive Green hair that appears to never be properly brushed or combed, so it sticks out in almost every direction. He wears a simple, slim fitting Gray 3/4 sleeve baseball t-shirt and a pair of tight, dark blue jeans. Slightly covered by his jeans are his shoes which are simple black converse with white tips. *points to trainer card*

Personality: As one might have guessed from looking into his eyes for merely a matter of seconds. Fen is a very calm and carefree kid. He can frequently be found sleeping or napping alone under a tree on a nice day, or just simply watching the clouds go by. Despite the "no ones home" look that he gives off on a first impression, Fen is actually a very smart tactician. He originally had high marks in school in every subject, before leaving on his adventure. Fen prefers to think of his moves 3 steps in advance before executing. His battle style can be put very simply. He does not believe in directly over powering his opponents. But much rather, he relies on the basic strategy of deception which he read in many books, works better than a straight forward approach. He uses his basic knowledge of outwitting in order to make long drawn out battles and trick his opponent into thinking they had control of the match the whole time until Fen decides to deal the final blow, finishing the opponent before they even realize what happens. After a match, he wont celebrate, he wont gloat, and he wont explain his strategy. He'll simply find the nearest comfortable place to sit and enjoy the rest of the day.

History: Born in Dewford Island in the Hoenn Region. Fen's parents were actually quite upset when Fen finally made his decision to be a pokemon trainer. Fen had just finished his first year at a very prestigious private high school that he had worked hard to get into. Over the course of the year, Fen got into the habit of sneaking downtown and watching the amateur pokemon matches in the battle arena. The different varieties of pokemon and many different ways to use them, amazed Fen to no end whenever he watched a battle. Each trainer with their different style... different wave lengths of thought. And both focused for one purpose. To win. Fen finally couldn't handle it anymore. He had finally been hit by the competitive spirit. What good were his studies if he was keeping all that he learned bottled up inside of him? The decision as made at the end of the school year. He was going to become a Pokemon Trainer.

RP Sample: If you need, the link in my profile leads to an RP i created.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
Thanks for taking the time to apply!

Lash: Well-written, detailed sign-up. You've given me everything I've asked for, and then some. It's an excellent sign-up. Your character isn't generic, and I like that. Your starter is Pikachu. Accepted.

Super Smash Kid: Your sign-up contains some rather glaring grammatical errors. No one in this RP has caught any Pokemon, let alone legendaries. Also, I did ask that those who haven't participated in a roleplay before provide a small sample of their writing abilities that they made up on the spot. I'll give you another chance to change your sign-up, but for now, you are denied.

Quasar99: Interesting character! However, you cannot be a trainer yet. Give me just a tiny bit more detail so that it'll be easier to assign you a starter (as well as a RP sample), and then you'll be accepted. Right now, you're pending.

commander1: Not even going to go into this one. Denied.

Degenerate: A picture's not necessary. I just know some people prefer to supply a picture, rather than type out a description. Either way is fine with me. Now, on to the commentary. Your character is perhaps the most interesting I've seen. Your sign-up is exceptional. Your starter is Cyndaquil. Accepted.

Phanima: Your sign-ups are always phenomenal. Very detailed, long (which tells me you won't be posting one-liners!). Your character seems adorable. I'm giving you Piplup as a starter. Accepted.

DrazenHayato: I'd like a little more history from you, as well as an RP sample. Once you do that, you'll more than likely be in. Pending.

Evkay: Very good, very good. I like your character a lot. Interesting history. Your carefree nature has earned you a Treecko. Accepted.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Name: Noah Fowl.
Appearance:

noah.gif

He normally wears a white polo shirt and jeans.

Personality: Noah is a very quirky, quick thinking boy. He has a twisted sense of humour and isn't scared to say what he thinks. He believes that trust is the way forward and would sacrifice himself in order to save his friends if he had to. When in a crisis he will never talk, just think. He likes to think a lot by himself, musing over random ideas and things that have happened and will happen.

History: Noah was found on the outskirts of Ecruteak City when he was two years old, alone. An elderly couple took him in and raised him as their own. As he grew older, he became interested in Lugia and Ho-oh, who were said to have lived in Ecruteak before the two towers collapsed. He became fanatical about them and it is his dream to see them in real life one day. He went to school and did well in his exams and is now anxiously awaiting his starter Pokemon.

RP Sample:

Quint gazed around in fascination at the hundreds of people all covered in red kneeling down or talking to each other. "This is like a Bloody cult group." He whispered back to Onikami. Then again, Quint supposed it was. The boy decided he wasn't being careful enough and drew his hood up around his head. Is this where the book of secrets was hidden? Quint doubted it, there was no way it would be that easy, would there?

Onikami lead the two of them down a corridor, which brought them to what seemed like a grand hall. It took Quint a couple of minutes of walking aimlessly with Onikami that the boy didn't know where he was going. Quint grabbed Onakami's arm and pulled him back. "If you don't know where we are going, just tell me. All of this walking around his begininning to annoy me."

Quint surveyed the room; a table, about forty metres in legnth and ten in width was in the center of the room. Red robed people were sitting at them, whispering. Quint diverted his attention from them and saw a painting on the wall opposite the table; it portrayed an old, gold book. Quint needed to get closer to that painting without gaining attention from the Ebon Order.

"Cover for me." He muttered to Onikami before slipping away.

___

If you want more RPing sample, check Lash's RP sign up thread, where my sign up was a lot better than this one.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
DrazenHayato: I still need an RP sample.

Sharpay_Is_Fabulous: Yes.

Oni Raichu: No need. The provided sample is more than enough. I like the idea of a character with a twisted sense of humor. Initially, I had trouble selecting a starter, but after careful consideration, I've decided to give you Torchic. Accepted.

Trainer Kat

Years
Could you possibly write me a small paragraph? It doesn't have to be big, 10 sentences will do. :]

Mr.Mystery

.:-:. Froggy
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
I want to join....

Name: Balanki Fonoto

Apperance: He has a tan shirt with a camoflauge lion head and faded, baggy jeans. He carrys around a small bag, to hold his supplies. Around his neck is a silver whale tail on a black string. He is 4'7" and very athletic. His skin is a tan color and he has dark brown hair.

Personality: Balanki is a very shy boy. He doesn't like very deep details. He just want to get everything done as fast as possible. The only exeption is battling. He thinks logically and thinks things through. When he can't find the answer to something, he starts to panic and break down. He loves to swim.

History: Balanki was born in Pacifidlog Town to a wealthy family. He didn't grow up selfish and did very well in school. He had dreamed to become the next Pokemon Professor. balanki has grew up around water Pokemon and hopes to get one of his own.

RP Sample: Balanki proceeded down the hall to the stage. He was very nervous because he has never preformed on stage before. He used different ways to calm himself, but they all didn't work. Soon he was called on stage. He stood in the middle, took deep breaths, and began.
He pressed the button on the Poke Ball and it got bigger. He decided to do a little something before the Pokemon came out, so he threw the pokeball up in the air, spun around, grabbed the ball from the air and spun it on his finger. The crowd cheered and Balanki was ready to send out his Pokemon.

Trainer Kat

Years
Mr. Mystery: A tad skimpy, but ultimately, I feel you have potential. Your starter will be Mudkip. Accepted.

As soon as one more person joins, I'll start it and post my sign-up. However, sign-ups will remain open until all starters have been taken.

EDIT:
No one in this RP has caught any Pokemon, let alone legendaries. Also, I did ask that those who haven't participated in a roleplay before provide a small sample of their writing abilities that they made up on the spot.

Super Smash Kid: Please refer to the above quote. I cannot accept you.

Quasar99: And now you are accepted. I'll give you Squirtle. Hopefully that will do. :]

Sharpay_Is_Fabulous: Could you be a little more detailed, as well as provide a RP sample? Pending.

Name: Katrina Lee
Nickname: Kat
Appearance: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/RenoOfDaTurks/l_b0ead65552bd71e736e5d80a86462b38.jpg

Kat is small, weighing a mere 90 pounds. Her blonde hair is cut in a choppy style, bangs hovering tentatively over her left eye. The front has been streaked with black, and dark blue hair extensions have been added to make her hair appear longer. A butterfly barrette sits on the right. Heavy makeup cakes her blue-green eyes. Almost no makeup is worn on the rest of the face, save a bit of lip gloss from time to time. Her nails are almost always manicured. A deep blue tube top adorns her upper half, blending in perfectly with her hair extensions. Her lower half is covered by jeans--blue of course, though a much lighter shade than her top. The two pieces of clothing that aren't blue are her Ugg boots that she wears over her jeans, as well as the typical female trainer bag that is slung low around her hips--both of which are a light tan hue.

Personality: Though Kat appears to be a prissy young thing, she is far from it. She's quite abrasive and fiery, often flinging hidden insults. She generally feels she can do things on her own, however, that often leaves others to rescue her when she figures out that she can't. Kat gets discouraged easily, She takes a while to warm up to people, but when she does, she is an invaluable ally. She loves both strong and cute Pokemon. Fortunately, in her mind, all Pokemon fall into one category or the other. Despite her age, she smokes, always having her trusty Camel 9's and aqua blue lighter in the pocket of her trainer bag. She is a vegetarian.

History: The lovely Kat is from Goldenrod, the radio city. She grew up around Pokemon, visiting the breeder occasionally. She always wanted to be a trainer, and everyone knew it. What they didn't know was whether or not she had the will to make it. When the dream didn't come immediately on her 11th birthday, the girl turned to a more glamorous lifestyle--modeling. Had she stayed in the profession, she would still have a job, but the rash blonde quit her job the second she found out about the radio contest, before she even entered.

RP Sample: The blonde swept her cornflower-and-magenta hair into a low ponytail. Her deep blue eyes fixated on the sign before her. At 5'3", she was exactly eye-level with the letters carved deep into the wood. Though the sign was clearly weather-beaten, and had seen better days, there was no mistaking those five letters scrawled across the chipped surface: KANTO. An arrow below pointed the way to a place called Viridian City.

This... she thought. This is the place where I'm to get my first Pokemon. The corners of her mouth turned up into a smile, the sun dancing on her vanilla flavored lip gloss. She could feel the heat on her back, pressing on her shoulder blades like a good massage. Her lips parted as a sigh escaped her. If she was going to be in weather like this throughout her journey, it would be well worth the turmoil.

Deciding she had lingered long enough, she continued along the path. It wasn't far now. Based on the map, she determined it was maybe a fifteen minute walk, at the most. Putting one foot in front of the other, she walked briskly towards her destination. Pidgey flew overhead, soaring through the ocean blue skies. A group of Caterpie poked around in the tall grass, hiding from any predators while foraging for food.

What do Caterpie eat? the blonde asked herself. Maybe I do have a little more to learn about Pokemon. Another wooden sign could be seen ahead, loosely nailed onto a sad post. 'Watch out for wild Beedril' the sign commanded. Someone had lightly crossed off 'Beedril' and scribbled 'Brad the Great' in boyish, blocky letters under the name of the Bug Pokemon. A shudder ran down her spine. She wrinkled her nose. She'd always thought that bees, along with insects of any kind, were absolutely disgusting.

A little further, and she could see the outlines of buildings among the trees, their shadowy silhouettes making the structures appear to be playing a game of hide and seek, and she was the seeker. When she neared the city, her smile faded.

"How...quaint." She was obviously expecting something a bit more..elegant. Glancing around, she noticed quite a few people around. "Guess they're into that...unrefined sort of life." She giggled to herself. "Well, my photographer did say 'Natural is the new black!' He's been here, I'll bet."

Unable to locate the lab, she flagged down a boy around her age, perhaps a year or two older. His jet black hair fell over his face, and he carried a look of defiance. "Excuse me...commoner...could you direct me to Professor Willow's lab?" She pulled her white sunglasses down the bridge of her nose, the plastic frame resting neatly on the perky tip of her button nose.

He shot her a look, but once her eyes met his, he melted into the pools of deep blue. "Y-yeah..." he stammered. "That way..." The boy pointed to his left.

The blonde smiled. "Thanks, you're a doll." Though she was sure the boy expected a kiss as payment, she turned her back before he could further defile her with his presence. As if I'd even look at a commoner, she thought to herself. Upon reaching the lab, she banged on the door, as if her intent was to break it down, not to gain entrance.

"Ugh. She should be waiting for me. I shouldn't be the one looking for her." She opened the door and let herself in, crossing the threshold into a dark lab. "Great...just like out of those creepy zombie movies..." she muttered under her breath.

"It's me!" She yelled. "Kat!" No answer. A sigh of annoyance escaped her parted lips. Giving up, she went searching for the woman who was supposed to be standing at the door with a selection of perfect Pokemon.

---
Granted, I realize that a RP sample isn't required for me, seeing as how I'm the creator, but I feel it's only fair to show you all my style, as you've all gotten a taste of each other's.

Kat's Pokemon is Charmander.

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
I made mine

Name: Ken 'Kenny" Werens
Appearance: http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/...d.jpg&searchTerm=pokemon trainer&pageOffset=2
Personality: Ken is an open-minded person. Never afraid to stand up for what he believes in. he loves his friends and will do anything to help out. Though don't judge him at first glance, he can be very greedy as well.
History: He was born into a middle class family in Lavaridge, Hoenn. He was abused and beaten by his parents. So he ran away then sneaked on a boat to Sinnoh where he was adopted by a nice family in Jublife City. On his 12th birthday he decided as soon as the time was right, he would become an trainer.
RP Sample: (If yoere.)u're new to role-playing, please give me a small sample that you've made up on the spot)
i want chimchar as a starter, but if any not squrtle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back