• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Is it possible to obtain another 'Flash' TM'? after finding out that Flash was converted into a TM in the SoulSilver remake (vs a HM) hence making it only usable once and making the move forgettable, is it possible to obtain another Flash TM? or do I just need to be extra careful on not deleting the move with another?

I'm fairly certian you can buy one in the Goldenrod Department Store.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
how do I obtain my own friend code in SoulSilver? it it in Goldenrod City in that one Global building, or is it somewhere else? if it is in that one Global building, I seem to can't find which computer to go to...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
how do I obtain my own friend code in SoulSilver? it it in Goldenrod City in that one Global building, or is it somewhere else? if it is in that one Global building, I seem to can't find which computer to go to...
You go to the Wi-Fi room in any Pokemon Center once (talk to the person in the middle on the second floor), then leave to get your Friend Code.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
You go to the Wi-Fi room in any Pokemon Center once (talk to the person in the middle on the second floor), then leave to get your Friend Code.

apparently that isn't true. I went into the room and talked to the only one person there, he explained certain things to me and then I left, but I didn't get a friend code... are you sure that's the way to do this?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Check your Pal Pad for it.

Go downstairs in any Pokemon Center and talk to the women at the far left counter. She'll explain things to you and you'll get your Pal Pad.

After you receive your Pal Pad, connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi where you can. Once you do that, your friend code should be the third option when you open your Pal Pad.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
idgi, my official guide for SoulSilver says that the five Kimono Girls are waiting a the waterfall basin 2 where they are supposed to do a dance to welcome Lugia and Lugia is supposed to appear! but they aren't there, and Lugia isn't appearing

am I doing something wrong?

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
idgi, my official guide for SoulSilver says that the five Kimono Girls are waiting a the waterfall basin 2 where they are supposed to do a dance to welcome Lugia and Lugia is supposed to appear! but they aren't there, and Lugia isn't appearing

am I doing something wrong?
go to the kimono house in the 4th gym city. cant spell the name :p

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
for: SoulSilver -- is there really any way I can get my level up? I defeated all the trainers in Johto, and spent a lot of time fighting wild Pokemon, but I am still low in level (avg 41) and it doesn't seem than any of my phone numbers ever contact me for battles (just other stuff) I am too weak to take on the elite 4... is there really any way to get my level up?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
for: SoulSilver -- is there really any way I can get my level up? I defeated all the trainers in Johto, and spent a lot of time fighting wild Pokemon, but I am still low in level (avg 41) and it doesn't seem than any of my phone numbers ever contact me for battles (just other stuff) I am too weak to take on the elite 4... is there really any way to get my level up?

If you've fought all of the trainers so far, than no, there isn't any other way aside from rematches and wild battles (unless you want to trade).
You should be able to take on the Elite Four with those levels though. Lance's highest level Pokémon is 50 and can be OHKOed with a strong ice move. Plan a strategy and bring lots of lemonades/hyper potions/revives and you should have very few problems.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
If you've fought all of the trainers so far, than no, there isn't any other way aside from rematches and wild battles (unless you want to trade).
You should be able to take on the Elite Four with those levels though. Lance's highest level Pokémon is 50 and can be OHKOed with a strong ice move. Plan a strategy and bring lots of lemonades/hyper potions/revives and you should have very few problems.

so, what you are saying is (correct me if I'm wrong) the elite 4 is lower leveled than in the original Pokemon Silver? in Pokemon Silver (original) all the elite 4 trainers were in the mid to upper 50's... did they change that for SoulSilver?

Guy

just a guy
Years
so, what you are saying is (correct me if I'm wrong) the elite 4 is lower leveled than in the original Pokemon Silver? in Pokemon Silver (original) all the elite 4 trainers were in the mid to upper 50's... did they change that for SoulSilver?
That's incorrect. Overall the Elite Four from the original Gold and Silver is exactly the same as those in HeartGold and SoulSilver. The only difference is that in Gold and Silver, Karin owned a Quagsire, but in the remakes they replaced it with Umbreon. However, it's the same level as Quagsire was. Only Lance's level in Pokémon are different from the originals; his two Dragonites, Aerodactyl, and Charizard increased by two levels. His final Dragonite, and strongest Pokémon, is still at LV. 50 though. So if your team is around their 40's, then you should be relatively ready to challenge the Elite Four. The only reason you may want to train a bit extra is because once you get to the Kanto Gym Leaders, they have this steep jump in levels. Still, there will be extra trainers to battle when you get into Kanto.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
in hg/ss, to unlock blue's phone number, do i have to visit his sister 5 days in a row or just 5 days in total?

and do i have to always select the same poke?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
in hg/ss, to unlock blue's phone number, do i have to visit his sister 5 days in a row or just 5 days in total?

and do i have to always select the same poke?

You get his number once you've got 1 of your Pokemon massaged 5 times. I don't think you need to use the same Pokemon, though. :) The answer to your first question is the latter answer; 5 days in total.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The only difference is that in Gold and Silver, Karin owned a Quagsire, but in the remakes they replaced it with Umbreon.
If you mean Karen the E4 dark-type user she always had an Umbreon. =p

Note also their movesets are better than what it was in GSC, as well as the addition of abilities.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
can anyone tell me how to breed flawless pokemon in HG/SS?

i was IV breeding last night and the highest i was able to get was 4 IVs at 31.
how do ppl get all 6?

Guy

just a guy
Years
can anyone tell me how to breed flawless pokemon in HG/SS?

i was IV breeding last night and the highest i was able to get was 4 IVs at 31.
how do ppl get all 6?
Well, before you waste anymore time trying to get perfect IVs across the board, I should tell you that that's nearly impossible to do (unless you hack of course, but I don't advise that). There's about a one in 1,073,741,824 chance of getting perfect IVs for all six stats according to Arkeis.

IV's are pretty random. You may sometimes get a Pokémon with really good IVs in two particular stats, but the others might be pretty low on a scale of 0 to 31. If you check out the site, Arkeis, that I linked to you though, you'll see they say,

"However, you can improve the chances of your Pokémon getting good IVs by breeding and producing lots and lots of eggs. If your parent Pokémon have good IVs, then there's a good chance the offspring will have good IVs too." Which is true.

I'd probably say the best way to learn about IVs and breeding to get better IVs, other than natural experience, would be by talking to regular breeders who go about breeding Pokémon for the right IVs on a daily basis. The Trade Corner's Daily Chit Chat might be a good place for that.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I am having an issue with the radio card in Pokemon SoulSilver....

I seem to cannot get ANY radio stations in in Kanto! can someone tell me how to fix this or what's wrong?

IIRC. You have to complete the Power Plane quest. Which involves you going to Cerulean and finding the missing part. I'm pretty sure once that's done you get the radio station. If that doesn't work -- do that quest and then go to lavender and speak with the Radio station owner, he'll upgrade your PokeGear for you. :)

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years

IIRC. You have to complete the Power Plane quest. Which involves you going to Cerulean and finding the missing part. I'm pretty sure once that's done you get the radio station. If that doesn't work -- do that quest and then go to lavender and speak with the Radio station owner, he'll upgrade your PokeGear for you. :)

so did they change that from the original then? in the original Gold/Silver you still could get 2 station without an upgrade, once you got an upgrade, you'd get 4 or so....

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
so did they change that from the original then? in the original Gold/Silver you still could get 2 station without an upgrade, once you got an upgrade, you'd get 4 or so....

my, you seem to be hanging on to silver quite a bit... yes, that would be a difference.

I've got a question, what physical dark/ghost type moves are there that Gallade can learn? Or even better, are there any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back