• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Morality of Fusing Kyurem

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
That makes sense, but why only one dragon? In order to be complete, wouldn't Kyurem need both? Combining with just one still seems like they're missing something, almost as if all three should be one again. Also, even if Kyurem wants to be fused, the result is still uneven. It doesn't look natural, as if random body parts were just crammed together. Even if Kyurem wants it, what about Reshiram/Zekrom? Are they consenting? Do they still have individual minds?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Because you can only get Zekrom or Reshiram in their respective games, otherwise we wouldn't have two different game versions.

I would also agree that to recreate the original dragon would mean fusing all three together, but would Zekrom and Reshiram agree to be reunited? They appeared out of the incompatibility between truth and ideals, that's the reason the original dragon split into two in the first place. Kyurem is only a shell of the original dragon, a shell that wants to be restored. Now, even though a complete restoration won't happen too soon, it's undeniable that Kyurem still wishes to be completed, so going back to the original question about the morality of the fusion, I still believe it's the right thing to do, even if the fusion is not complete. As for Zekrom/Reshiram, I think it would consent to fuse with Kyurem, but I don't think it would remain as an individual sharing the same body with Kyurem, but rather would come together into one individual (Black Kyurem or White Kyurem), much like Magnetone evolves into Magnezone.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
The fact that N's Zekrom/Reshiram (Dragon tries to refuse being spliced with Ghetsis's Kyurem, yet when you--the always morally-upright protagonist--tries to fuse the dragons, neither dragon objects... I think this indicates that Zek/Reshi struggled because it wanted to stay loyal to the trainer it chose and not be used for evil. Not because it minded being reunited. Because the three dragons were originally all parts of a same being and it was conflict that tore it apart, I think being (partially) reunited doesn't bother it. Now that Zek/Reshi and Kyurem are on the side of the same trainer, they no longer have a reason to be in conflict.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that Gamefreak created an unquestionable, morally-upright protagonist. ;)

Yeah it is pretty inhumane but remember these people are an evil group of bad guys, isn't it inhumane or immoral to create a clone of a pokemon i.e. Mewtwo and didnt Team Plasma do something to Genesect.

Didn't Team Plasma purposely summon Dialga/Palkia/Giratina

Didn't Team Aqua purposely summon Kyogre

Didn't Team Magma purposely summon Groudon

Didn't Team Aqua and Magma indivertedly summon Rayquaza or anger him by doing that.

They are all very inhumane groups and they deserve more than what the player gives them.
On the topic of morality, what is it that makes it okay for the protagonist to keep a godlike pokemon in captivity? Using them for sport may not be evil compared to using them for world domination, but given that the entire process of summoning these legendaries is questionable, it feels like legendaries are treated like spoils of war. Is there an answer besides the protagonist always being right?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
Ok ,edit.
That was surely true. I haven't looked at it that way before and indeed, it seems bad to fuse them. They are forced to be together, and as you can see, Kyurem does look like Reshiram and Zekrom together. I think that Kyurem as the dragon gym leader said, was the shell. What I means is that actually Zekrom and Reshiram were inside of "Kyurem". Kyurem being gray is because of that. So actually Zekrom and Reshiram's special look means that their are condensated ideals and reasoning. Kyurem's body looks far more "solid" than the former two. So what Ghetsis did was to fuse zekrom/reshiram to their shell, actually creating a mutation, like instead of filling a box with candy, you melt the candy and stick it on the box and call it "packaging".
Horrible and moraly wrong indeed. Nice point out, TC.
Please tell me what you think about it. Thanks!

Peace!

edit2: Not to mention, Kyurem's crappy pokedex entry. "Its body is frozen. It breaths ice." Alright, what you get of that is "Lazy Gamefreak freaking lazy." But what if... It's just that simple? Kyurem, is actually a pokemon? Or is it a hollow shell? Maybe it is nothing more than a frozen empty body that breaths ice of loneliness. Nothing more. I even find giving Kyurem life immoral.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
The fact that N's Zekrom/Reshiram (Dragon tries to refuse being spliced with Ghetsis's Kyurem, yet when you--the always morally-upright protagonist--tries to fuse the dragons, neither dragon objects... I think this indicates that Zek/Reshi struggled because it wanted to stay loyal to the trainer it chose and not be used for evil. Not because it minded being reunited. Because the three dragons were originally all parts of a same being and it was conflict that tore it apart, I think being (partially) reunited doesn't bother it. Now that Zek/Reshi and Kyurem are on the side of the same trainer, they no longer have a reason to be in conflict.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that Gamefreak created an unquestionable, morally-upright protagonist. ;)

On the topic of morality, what is it that makes it okay for the protagonist to keep a godlike pokemon in captivity? Using them for sport may not be evil compared to using them for world domination, but given that the entire process of summoning these legendaries is questionable, it feels like legendaries are treated like spoils of war. Is there an answer besides the protagonist always being right?
You are right (and the protagonist is wrong). Taking possesion of a pokemon itself is quite questionable (I understand what N says. I even thought about releasing them all if there were pokemon in the real world). And more if the pokemon is a legendary being that controls something. That actually makes you nothing better than Team Plasma (ok, a little better).
Last but not least, fusing. What-in-the-world?! Fusing pokemon? Really?! I mean... Getting two minds and wills into one? How does that work. Ok, in DBZ and lots of stories/anime/series there are fusing, but fusing something like Zekrom and Reshiram to Kyurem, who all are not really happy together? And not naturally, artificially? Oh well...
Note that "you" is just a random third person.

Peace!

Back