• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Id est damnum innocentiae (OOC thread)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Ah I see. I suppose as you go about writing though, all you'll have to worry about is making sure you're writing about the right character, haha.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but... er, yes.

The Latin in the title could use some work. Firstly, the "id" is highly redundant, because as all aspiring scholars of Latin know, every Latin verb specifies the person, mood, tense, and voice, thus rendering subject pronouns all but obsolete most of the time. Also, "est" isn't necessary when you want to translate "Loss of Innocence" either, because "est" means "he/she/it is"... I only see a noun and another modifying noun in the phrase "Loss of Innocence". Furthermore, the noun "damnum" refers to physical/property/financial loss, and the "Loss" in "Loss of Innocence" is really more of a metaphysical-to-metaphorical property. The noun "amissio, amissionis" would likely fit a lot better, as the latter refers to loss or deprivation of a much wider range of things, but you could also just look up a closer noun in a Latin dictionary. "Innocentiae" is fine, as it is genitive singular and so on, so no problems there.

Though, you seemed to know what you were doing when you wrote the title, so I might just be being silly.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Haha, you seem to know your stuff as well. It was the same title I had used a year ago, and I had been learning a little Latin since then, so you might be correct yourself. If I recall, when initially wanting to Latinize it, I realise it couldn't have been translated literally.

It's funny cause the irony in your post is that a year ago, I had joined another RP with a Latin title as well, which I thought to be wrong too, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here is the link of what I thought:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5645143&postcount=3

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Why wouldn't the title be able to be translated into Latin? '_'

It's just a noun plus a genitive noun. In fact the only thing "wrong" per se with your title was the addition of two extra words... and maybe vocabulary misuse.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I'm just glad I translated a tattoo of mine properlly XD Otherwise I'd be living with that mistake. XD

It would be nice to be perfect in Latin though, sadly that's something that's going to take time. :3

EDIT: Also I was wondering what everyone thought about this. On your initial post into the realm, you won't meet any fellow RPer (just yet) but since you'll be moving from the point, there can be perhaps two options. At each end of post, you use the map to show where you are or you describe it. The latter perhaps might not be so good if you would want to meet up with someone. However, the other option could be, that if two people wanted to meet up together, then they could sort of plan it ahead of time too.

The map example (to show your location) might be a bit tedious too (having to make a mark then upload it etc) so if anything perhaps someone could say in the OOC "I'm NE of #4 or something like that), like a general reference.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Strange question, but... do water pokemon use water that is drinkable?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yep and at the same time it could be possible if a tentacool were in the poisonous ones

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Sorry about the delay, and the poor SU, I had to rush it tonight... I usually like developing personality a bit, which is why that is so short. Again, sorry about the short SU, never was too great with them. :\

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
No no, it's a good length :) You're accepted :D

One thing though, you won't be relegated to 4 moves. The current level of the pokemon will mean that the pokemon will know all moves from 0 to the current level. And when it comes time to learning new moves (as a result of moving up levels), it can do so like in the anime, where they try to use it, and practice over time.

I won't be the one determining if pokemon level up or not, I'll leave that up to you guys. However I may step in if suddenly someone is RPing a level 5 pokemon and suddenly after two battles they're already level 100. I do want to keep things as realistic as possible. :) Like if you RPed your pokemon to do well, then the experience it gains will reflect that. (I hope that makes sense)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
He absolutely hates people who are loud and most things that are loud.

Hahahahaha, I sure hope our characters get to interact, you're character would probably despise mine. :laugh:

Feign: And also, thanks, I can't wait for this role play to start, I was in one of yours from a while ago and it turned out great.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Haha, yeah sorry it was short lived though Lynette, id like to make this one go as long as possible.

Edit: also does starting the rp on around Monday sound feasable?

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah some people still need to finish, plus I'll be busy working too.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Arrrgh, so excited, last time it was so short lived.

and, I made what Jean looks like with this one thing I found on DA. but im confused on how to do attachements, i think i got it though.
Now to read everyones SU's.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
:o. 3 billion... Ahh that's more than a week.

ha just got your signature with the cat, Neko=Cat in Japanese.

Back