• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Masked Man from PKMN GSC

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
So I've finished reading the Pokemon Adventures GSC arc and I don't quit understand this character.
Spoiler:

Has anybody an explanation?
What do you think?
Discuss!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So I've finished reading the Pokemon Adventures GSC arc and I don't quit understand this character.
Spoiler:

Has anybody an explanation?
What do you think?
Discuss!

Let just say , He was a Old man who lost his mental balance when His 2 Laprus died and did ''Mad'' stuff .

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hmm, it's been a long while since I've read PokéSpe, but I think I vaguely remember someone saying that kids are easier to raise the why you want? Kind of like brainwashing from an early age? I guess he wanted an elite team of six to be raised from youth (now that I think about it, kind of like trainers raising a team of six pokémon!) to do his bidding. These kids have to be strong to gather the feathers from legendaries (was that what they were doing?), after all. I don't know why he chose those six, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I think it was something to do with their heritage: hence Silver. I presume there must have been something about the parents of Green, Will, Karen as well - I doubt he could have just abducted a baby Youngster Joey and used him as a weapon.

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
Thanks for moving this Thread. I didn't know it belonged into this forum.
On the matter of the masked man, it would explain his actions but I think it is a weak explanation.
@waveguidebuizel & Amore
What I meant was why did he kidnap somebody in the first place. He did capture the legendary birds and I don't think that anybody would argue against him time traveling to reunite his Lapras with its parents.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
He didn't want to reunite them...he wanted to prevent his separation from the parent Lapras. Gold's Pichu producing as much power as a Zekrom to mess with Celebi is what caused the Lapras reunion.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Ah right, so he did capture the birds without the help of his minions (well, sorta). I don't actually remember precisely what the kids' roles were. The two Rocket executives pretty much oversaw the Rocket operations, but what did Will and Karen do again? Maybe he kidnapped these children to be trained as the face of his operations while he schemes in the shadows?

Back