• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Sprite criticism

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
In the game I'm currently working on, I'm using the Pokemon GO leaders as NPC's. I just finished the rough draft of their overworld sprites and wanted some input, before I go through the process of making all their movement versions

I'm not great at the art side of things so any feedback or criticism would be appreciated.

Sprites are Gen 3 styled to match the game, and I attached both the original and a high res screen shot.

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• goSprites.png
    goSprites.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 48
  • blanchesparkcandela.png
    blanchesparkcandela.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 184
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
To me, they look good! I could immediately recognize Blanche and Spark, though, Candela had to make me look twice, maybe make her hair a bit more red-ish??

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
with sprites this small, I'd have less details.
like, less spikes on spark's hair. for blanche, a simple short hair, white shirt and blue cape without the 'dangling' things around it. too much details make the sprite look messy and less clear.
I made a small fix to show what I mean.
for some reason I can't post images, but here's the link :
example

Attachments

• blanchesparkcandela2.png
    blanchesparkcandela2.png
    877 bytes · Views: 136
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
They look great, but i do agree with silver-wind, on the amount of shades used for the size of the actual sprite, make sure that if youre using them they stay within the amount of shades the program youre using will accept them.

Back