• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal Team Suggestions and Moveset

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Hey,

I just picked up my crystal game after years of not playing and am looking for ideas on movesets.

My team is kinda weird so far, but I'm also mid-game(@ Radio Tower in Goldenrod fighting Rocket) and open to any suggestions. Thanks for any input

• Growlithe @ charcoal: flame wheel, bite, return, dig

• Pikachu : t-bolt, rain dance, Hidden Power, t-wave

• Miltank : milk drink, attract, stomp, rollout

• Sneasel @ nevermeltice: ice punch, rock smash, faint att, quick att

• Umbreon : bite, shadow ball, (waiting for toxic and moonlight)

• Kadabra : psybeam, ice punch, thunderpunch, recover

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Cool team, if you want to evolve Pikachu well Lass Dana on Route 39 gives Thunderstones occasionally if you have her number registered. Also I think using a Fighting-Type like Machoke or Hitmontop would be cool since Dark Types and RocK Types might be annoying for the team to face. Also Rain Dance is sort of un-needed on Pikachu if you don't have Thunder, maybe look into Slam or Double Team.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Cool team, if you want to evolve Pikachu well Lass Dana on Route 39 gives Thunderstones occasionally if you have her number registered. Also I think using a Fighting-Type like Machoke or Hitmontop would be cool since Dark Types and RocK Types might be annoying for the team to face. Also Rain Dance is sort of un-needed on Pikachu if you don't have Thunder, maybe look into Slam or Double Team.

Thanks, I do in fact have a thunderstone from Lass Dana already, I'm actually waiting for Thunder @ 41 then using it and thus Rain Dance becomes useful.

If I used Hitmontop or Machoke, do you have suggestions on the movesets? I've only used Machoke once back in the day. I typically went with Heracross or Poliwrath if I had a fighter at all.

Back