• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: CarefulWetPaint
I don't think Pacman would fit into the game very well though, just doesnt seem like something that would suit him
I don't think Pacman being introduce would be any different than Sonic or even Mr Game and Watch to be honest..you never know, Pacman could surprise!

Here's Mr. Game and Watch

hidden08_080310e-l.jpg

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I don't think Pacman being introduce would be any different than Sonic or even Mr Game and Watch to be honest..you never know, Pacman could surprise!

Here's Mr. Game and Watch

hidden08_080310e-l.jpg

OHHH That guy.
I think it would be different, At least there is some sort of combat in Sonic and pacman just eats berries. I really don't think he'd fit in well. I must say I am against Pacman being included. BomberMan though, hed work.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
OHHH That guy.
I think it would be different, At least there is some sort of combat in Sonic and pacman just eats berries. I really don't think he'd fit in well. I must say I am against Pacman being included. BomberMan though, hed work.
Any new character would work, in my opinion. BomberMan, I've heard a lot about it, but it's one of those games I've never played or knew who had it. I do like Megaman, I think he'd be an excellent addition as well. But I also think that in Brawl 2, they should bring back the ones they left out from Melee and keep all the characters in Brawl, and just add new ones from there. Pichu, Mewtwo & Dr. Mario need to return for sure.

Pretty sure this has been mentioned, but how would Metal Mario or Shadow Mario(Super Mario Sunshine) look? haha

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm not sure if I have played a version that had megaman in it but he would be pretty fun to use I can imagine. Why not add Aang as the Avatar in? That could also be pretty fun.

I never seen the series myself but seen the movie. He could fit in well. I mean...Aang does look Super Smash Bros material haha

220px-Aang1.png

I forgot to mention ROY. He was nasty in Melee, should had brought him to Brawl rather than leave him out.

But look at the rest in the spoiler. There's a lot I posted in there.. How can you say no to these guys? I am all for having Krystal introduced. I've always wanted her in!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I would love to see every single one of those characters in the game except the Shadow Painty Mario one. I know it wouldn't be the same as Mario, but having Mario and Dr. Mario in the same game on GameCube just made it seem like they were recycling the character to save on effort putting in someone different lol.

But I so want Dixie Kong, Fox's friend and Shadow and Knuckles.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Shadow would be awesome, hes such a bada--. He would have some awesome moves as well!
If only Spyro was Nintendo and not Sony.
Because really they have to stop going into the same 3 games to get all their characters :S

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I would love to see every single one of those characters in the game except the Shadow Painty Mario one. I know it wouldn't be the same as Mario, but having Mario and Dr. Mario in the same game on GameCube just made it seem like they were recycling the character to save on effort putting in someone different lol.

But I so want Dixie Kong, Fox's friend and Shadow and Knuckles.
Fox's friend is Krystal. She's a beauty one isn't she? I'd definitely make her my primary character. She'd have that rod stick Fox had in Star Fox Adventure, if I had to guess some of her moves.
Shadow would be awesome, hes such a bada--. He would have some awesome moves as well!
Because really they have to stop going into the same 3 games to get all their characters :S
Never thought of Spyro. He would be good too xD Never know..I mean they are expanding to get others in a bit..like Sonic. Spyro would bring in a brand new taste for sure.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
So I was just thinking. Since Sonic made its appearance and some want the likes of Shadow, Megaman, how does people feel if Pacman were to be introduced? I think I'd like to see Pacman, definitely would bring in a brand new taste, in my opinion.
Pacman is a large part of video game history imo, so the way I see it is if they include Game and Watch then they can definitely include Pacman and give him a somewhat viable moveset.

I honestly wish they'd just strike Mr. Game and Watch from the entire series. He annoys me so much and he is so hard to use!
Love Mr. Game and Watch. If there was any cuts I'd hope it would be Jigglypuff. Game and Watch was pretty fun too use with his hammer, gas pump, match, and all the other kookie stuff he does. What I can do without those is his stage(s). Just about anything Flat Zone is horrid imo.

Username: CarefulWetPaint

I'm in. Love the original game so much. (Still play it on my still working N64). I think the ones on the game cube kinda blew a little bit though..
I haven't really played the new ones that much but the first one was definitely a fantastic game. I did everyone on it and unlocked everyone! Finished it with everyone! And all their time trails and such. Good good fun.

I don't even think I know who Mr Game and Watch is. Andy just because you can't play him doesnt make him bad >.>
I don't think Pacman would fit into the game very well though, just doesnt seem like something that would suit him.. Bomberman on the other hand, bring him in!
Welcome to the Club. Melee far from blowed, most people at least in the competitive community regard it as the best SSB out of the 3. Not to mention it had Mewtwo and Roy.
I never seen the series myself but seen the movie. He could fit in well. I mean...Aang does look Super Smash Bros material haha

220px-Aang1.png

I forgot to mention ROY. He was nasty in Melee, should had brought him to Brawl rather than leave him out.

But look at the rest in the spoiler. There's a lot I posted in there.. How can you say no to these guys? I am all for having Krystal introduced. I've always wanted her in!
Spoiler:

I dunno about Aang or Nick character should be included. Then people will be like "Can I get some Catdog, can I get some Angry Beavers, can I get some Hey Arnold, can I get Timmy Turner. Not a fan on adding characters.

Shadow and Waluigi I can see plausible since they are assist trophies. Daisy and Rosalina HECK NO! They seem to be as Peach clones and I'd rather see other Mario characters above those two. Shadow Mario is Bowser Jr. so why not add him instead?

Knuckles I would like but having more then two Sonic reps seems to be overboard for me, since it is a Third Party rep after all unless they make a statement saying they don't include it as a "visitor" any more. Amy definitely not, Tails is definitely more viable candidate them Amy any day either him or Eggman.

Megaman I really hope gets in, it seems the ball will be in Capcom corner though so I hope they do screw it up.

I'd like Funky Kong but not enough to have him as a rep. I'd rather have Dixie and King K Rool. I think DK will get two reps but if it only gets one hoping its King K Rool.

Krystal I could careless either way, I am not a Starfox fan nor do I keep up with the series. 3 Reps is probably enough for that series though.

Spyro had games with Nintendo among many other systems since their fourth game "Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly" in 2002. Along with that they have had several exclusive Spyro games with Nintendo. Needless to say it has history with Nintendo so I think it could be seen as a 3rd Party candidate for the game. Metal Gear Solid has had an extensive history with other systems that are not Nintendo such as a long history with Sony, and it made it into Brawl with Solid Snake. So seeing Spyro isn't too out of the realm of possibility.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spinosaurus

Joinin

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
Remember my cousin introducing me to Melee. That's it.

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
It's a pretty fun party game and distraction I guess?

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
Always liked using Mario and his clones + Captain Falcon. Though in Brawl my best character is Olimar.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
As long as it's better than Brawl I'm good.

Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
An F-Zero character, preferably Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow being Falcon's rivals.. (Or Deathborn if you want a more villainy-character, despite him not being quite known.) I care for no one else, not even dumb 3rd party characters. I don't care if the series is currently dead.
Maybe Waluigi as a "Mario Sports/Kart" representative, or Bowser Jr. considering his popularity and relevance in recent game. (He's the most popular Mario character that isn't in Smash, anyway.)
Oh and Little Mac, because I love boxing. But I'm sure he's gonna be in.
King K.Rool too, but Sakurai is looking at relevancy. King K.Rool's absence in DK Country Returns kinda hurts his chance.
There's also Ridley who I'd like to see.

What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?
Xenoblade maybe? I can't really think of anything else.

I honestly wish they'd just strike Mr. Game and Watch from the entire series. He annoys me so much and he is so hard to use!
He's actually easy and brings diversity to the game. I vote stay.
I want Lucario to be out, and give his moveset to someone else.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I didn't know that about Spyro.. (I would totally get the next SSB if it had Spyro, my god!)

I guess I didn't play melee enough to get into it, the problem is probably I just didn't like that gamecube that much as a console.

Do you think it would be possible to see and square enix characters make their way into SSB? Or is that out of the realm of possibility?

Also welcome to the club Spinosaurus, it seems like youre bringing much more wealth of knowledge than I have. >.>

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Spinosaurus

Joinin

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
Remember my cousin introducing me to Melee. That's it.

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
It's a pretty fun party game and distraction I guess?

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
Always liked using Mario and his clones + Captain Falcon. Though in Brawl my best character is Olimar.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
As long as it's better than Brawl I'm good.

Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
An F-Zero character, preferably Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow being Falcon's rivals.. (Or Deathborn if you want a more villainy-character, despite him not being quite known.) I care for no one else, not even dumb 3rd party characters. I don't care if the series is currently dead.
Maybe Waluigi as a "Mario Sports/Kart" representative, or Bowser Jr. considering his popularity and relevance in recent game. (He's the most popular Mario character that isn't in Smash, anyway.)
Oh and Little Mac, because I love boxing. But I'm sure he's gonna be in.
King K.Rool too, but Sakurai is looking at relevancy. King K.Rool's absence in DK Country Returns kinda hurts his chance.
There's also Ridley who I'd like to see.

What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?
Xenoblade maybe? I can't really think of anything else.

He's actually easy and brings diversity to the game. I vote stay.
I want Lucario to be out, and give his moveset to someone else.
Welcome to the Club Spino.

There has been characters that aren't relevant for substantial periods that have been added. So I don't see why K Rool would be ruled out. They will probably make a new Donkey Kong on Wii U so there is always the possibility he appears in it.

As for Xenoblade I hear a lot of people wanting Shulk to be in SSB, as well there is a lot of detractors as well. I think if Shulk got it people would warm up too him though.

I didn't know that about Spyro.. (I would totally get the next SSB if it had Spyro, my god!)

I guess I didn't play melee enough to get into it, the problem is probably I just didn't like that gamecube that much as a console.

Do you think it would be possible to see and square enix characters make their way into SSB? Or is that out of the realm of possibility?

Also welcome to the club Spinosaurus, it seems like youre bringing much more wealth of knowledge than I have. >.>
Definitely possible among Capcom, Koonami, Sega. If Square Enix does get a rep I hope its Crono from Chrono Trigger.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Definitely possible among Capcom, Koonami, Sega. If Square Enix does get a rep I hope its Crono from Chrono Trigger.

Oh that would be awesome! I'd prefer a keyblade user such as Sora though xD
Does SSB4 really need many new characters though? There's already a bunch of characters they have that they can use is there not? Or is it more in with the new and out with the old?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Well we already have 38(this includes Sheik and Zero Suit Samus), but they just want to build the number up with every game. They will probably be cuts as there was with Mewtwo, Roy, and Pichu being cut from the roster. Although there is data showing Mewtwo and Roy on Brawl so they intended them at one time.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
With Ike and Lucario, having them there would have been rather pointless, but I would have liked to see at least Roy in the game. Between Melee and Brawl they re-did a lot of the characters to differentiate them from others to whom they were too similar, so considering Roy had more fiery powers than Marth I would have liked to see what they did with it.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Since we're now talking once again, how about my very own favorite Protagonist, Tal'Set. He would bring an interesting taste to the game, and in the spoiler I got a picture from Turok: Evolution of him with a great boss battle we could perhaps have. Yes, if anyone asks, Turok has had history with Nintendo as well.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Welcome to the Club Spino.

There has been characters that aren't relevant for substantial periods that have been added. So I don't see why K Rool would be ruled out. They will probably make a new Donkey Kong on Wii U so there is always the possibility he appears in it.
Not necessarily. All the characters that appeared in Brawl had something going for them except for Pit. (Which I'd argue is chosen based on wanting a retro nintendo character, much like the Ice Climbers.)

I'm not saying K.Rool doesn't have a chance of getting in. (I say 50/50) It's just that, if he didn't manage to appear in Brawl, I don't see how he has any bigger chances now.

Now a character that I'm definitely expecting is Palutina, and perhaps a new Pikmin character.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
With Ike and Lucario, having them there would have been rather pointless, but I would have liked to see at least Roy in the game. Between Melee and Brawl they re-did a lot of the characters to differentiate them from others to whom they were too similar, so considering Roy had more fiery powers than Marth I would have liked to see what they did with it.
The only argument I see with Ike is other then Marth he is the only Lord to be a Main Character in two games. Some people say Roy was in Melee for the purpose of promoting FE7 in the US because his father Eliwood was in it. Personally I'd rather see Hector or Ephraim.

Since we're now talking once again, how about my very own favorite Protagonist, Tal'Set. He would bring an interesting taste to the game, and in the spoiler I got a picture from Turok: Evolution of him with a great boss battle we could perhaps have. Yes, if anyone asks, Turok has had history with Nintendo as well.
Spoiler:
Just wondering, but how well known is the character?

Not necessarily. All the characters that appeared in Brawl had something going for them except for Pit. (Which I'd argue is chosen based on wanting a retro nintendo character, much like the Ice Climbers.)

I'm not saying K.Rool doesn't have a chance of getting in. (I say 50/50) It's just that, if he didn't manage to appear in Brawl, I don't see how he has any bigger chances now.

Now a character that I'm definitely expecting is Palutina, and perhaps a new Pikmin character.
Pit was probably chosen because they had the idea in mind for Uprising several years back, and with him in Brawl that would somewhat revive or set the building blocks for Kid Icarus series. If any New Comer was a retro it was ROB. And did Starfox really have anything going for it at the time when they added Wolf? I don't see why him or Dixie not appearing in Brawl lessens the chances. Meta Knight and Dedede didn't appear in Melee but yet they appeared in Brawl.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think there already plenty of characters in the SSB line up and the only reason they would want to add new ones it to make people feel as if they are updating the game and it will be different from the first 3. Another reason I can think of adding a new character would be if that characters original franchise was going to release a game after SSB4 came out and it is used as a marketing campaign and hype builder.

But saying that I would like to see Spyro added bcause as Kenshin said spyro has a link with nintendo and he'd be awesomeeeeeeee.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Just wondering, but how well known is the character?
I've heard from many that Turok was a very fun game, back in the N64 days as there were 4 different Turok games. Tal'Set would only be in the first Nintendo 64 game, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter which was the most popular..but he became a little bit well known when Turok: Evolution came out for Gamecube.

I mean, he is the guy who fights Dinosaurs. How awesome is that? xD

Then again, the newest Turok game was released in 2008 which wasn't even affiliated with Nintendo, only the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but Joseph Turok was the protagonist then, not Tal'Set.

I'm just spit-balling things xD I mean we have Banjo-Kazooie, the girl from Perfect Zero, and we could go on forever to talk about which characters we could see and not be included :X Doubt any of us would be close when they release the characters for SSB4 anyway

The Purple Dragon has my vote!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back