• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I don't know if this has happened to anyone or what, but sometimes the battle themes doesn't play and I don't know why. I set them on metadata a while ago and I've double checked everything...

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Try putting the following at the beginning of pbForecast:

Code:
pbAnimation(PBMoves::TRANSFORM,self,PBSpecies::CASTFORM)
Then put the following somewhere in PokemonMultipleForms:
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:CASTFORM,{
"alterBitmap"=>proc{|pokemon|
[email protected]
 if weather==PBWeather::SUNNYDAY
  next 1
 elsif weather==PBWeather::RAINDANCE
  next 2
 elsif weather==PBWeather::HAIL
  next 3
 else
  next 0
end
}
})
That should use the Transform animation and turn the Pokémon into a Castform (whose form is chosen depending on the in-battle weather as appropriate).

Theoretically. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't work. I haven't done anything like it before.
Not quite there I get this message everytime just before castform is put into battle and when i bring up the pokemon list from the main menu:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonMultipleForms:380
PokemonMultipleForms:379:in `call'
PokemonUtilities:2561:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `each'
SpriteWindow:794:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2529:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:335:in `setPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1730:in `pbSendOut'

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Trade stone

I want to make a stone that evolves pokemon that are supposed to be traded to evolve. The notes tell how to make the stone but how do you detemine which pokemon it evolves?

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
In PokemonLoad, find this line:
$PokemonStorage=Marshal.load(f)
and add this one below it:
$testpokemon=Marshal.load(f)

In PokemonSave, find:
Marshal.dump($PokemonStorage,f)
and add this below it:
Marshal.dump($testpokemon,f)

Just be warned that you have to start a new game (saving might fix it too) or the script will give an error, since the continue command makes it load whatever was saved in the Marshal.dump, which is nothing until you save the game.

yessss thank you (and Maruno, ofc) so much, now it works perfectly! ...ofc, I'm totally kicking myself for not just trying to add it to pokemonsave/load, because in retrospect, it's actually pretty obvious how to do it ughh I probably would have hit on the solution if I hadn't just given up haha

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Not quite there I get this message everytime just before castform is put into battle and when i bring up the pokemon list from the main menu:

PokemonMultipleForms:380
PokemonMultipleForms:379:in `call'
PokemonUtilities:2561:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2529:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:335:in `setPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1730:in `pbSendOut'
I thought it wouldn't work.

Okay, different tactic. Put copies of the following code in pbForecast, within each of the "if weather==PBWeather::etc." bits:
Code:
self.form=[COLOR=Red]1[/COLOR]
Change the form number for each weather type. Also, delete the other bit of code I told you to put in PokemonMultipleForms, because it's rubbish.

Again, I don't know if this will work.

I want to make a stone that evolves pokemon that are supposed to be traded to evolve. The notes tell how to make the stone but how do you detemine which pokemon it evolves?
That is defined in pokemon.txt. Each species can have a line "Evolutions=", which determines the species it evolves into and how.

For your case, use something like:
Code:
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Item,PSYCHICSTONE
See the wiki for more information. See also how Gloom/Clefairy evolve, as they work the same way.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
I thought it wouldn't work.

Okay, different tactic. Put copies of the following code in pbForecast, within each of the "if weather==PBWeather::etc." bits:
Code:
self.form=[COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]
Change the form number for each weather type. Also, delete the other bit of code I told you to put in PokemonMultipleForms, because it's rubbish.

Again, I don't know if this will work.
Thanks again for the help, but it still didn't work. This time when I had castform use rain dance it showed no effect at all and it didn't even give the message "Castform transformed!" When I changed the weather for the map and started the battle I got this message while sending castform out:
Code:
Message: undefined method `form=' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9a6c520>
PokeBattle_Battler:575:in `pbForecast'
PokeBattle_Battle:1178:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:1175:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1175:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:717:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:493:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:767:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:766:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:768:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:765:in `pbBattleAnimation'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Okay, I've got a question for you guys that's not covered in "notes" or the wiki:

How do I add items to the PC?

Like I have side quests that give items and I was planning on that whenever the player has too many of those items in their bag, the items instead get sent to their PC.

Years
How would I go about including the Day/Night script in a different RMXP project? (non-Essentials). I found where the script is, but I just want to know if there are any other scripts I need to copy over (much like the Message system needs a few different scripts to be copied over).

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Egg problem

Every time i go to retreive an egg from the daycare man I get this error message:

Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: NameError
Message: Section106:60:in `pbIsDitto?'undefined local variable or method `pokemon1' for #<Interpreter:0x9545fc8>
***Full script:
pbDayCareGenerateEgg
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokemonDayCare:160:in `pbDayCareGenerateEgg'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `eval'
Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:196:in `update'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Whats wrong?

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Help me

Can some 1 help me,
I need a ring menu script and a script so the player change choose thier menu from the default one or the ring menu
I mean ive treid to do the one on like page 180 i think but i get the same error... Please help me

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
That is defined in pokemon.txt. Each species can have a line "Evolutions=", which determines the species it evolves into and how.

For your case, use something like:
Code:
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Item,PSYCHICSTONE
See the wiki for more information. See also how Gloom/Clefairy evolve, as they work the same way.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. So what if I still want say, Kadabra to evolve with the Trade stone and by trading? Is this possible?

(Seperate Question) I can't figure out how to make a trainer do anything but battle and talk. The notes say just enter the event commands (like the rival battle where afterwards he walks away and disappears) and the game ignors everything except the "Comment" commands. Please help.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Hello, want to know how to make the proffessor give the character one pokemon, because in my game, only starter is eevee but don't know how to make proffessor to give it to the character :|

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
In my game, there are two rivals. My question is, how do I make it so that Rival A gets the pokemon who has an advantage to the Trainer's Pokemon, and Rival B gets the pokemon with the disadvantage?

I was thinking conditional branch, but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work... any other ideas?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to make it so that you can enter more than 7 characters for a Name/Nickname? O.o

Last edited:
Years
In my game, there are two rivals. My question is, how do I make it so that Rival A gets the pokemon who has an advantage to the Trainer's Pokemon, and Rival B gets the pokemon with the disadvantage?

I was thinking conditional branch, but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work... any other ideas?
Just make 3 separate trainers with same name and picture but with different pokemon and use conditional branches to decide which one would player battle. I hope you understand, cause I'm not so good at discribing things :/

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Every time i go to retreive an egg from the daycare man I get this error message:

Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: NameError
Message: Section106:60:in `pbIsDitto?'undefined local variable or method `pokemon1' for #<Interpreter:0x9545fc8>
***Full script:
pbDayCareGenerateEgg
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

PokemonDayCare:160:in `pbDayCareGenerateEgg'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `eval'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Whats wrong?

Have you deleted the map where you're supposed to start? If you have, go to the intro map and select the event at the center and edit it, at the end, it says to which map it will transfer when intro is done, so edit where it says where you'll be transfered and put in the map where you want to start.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Have you deleted the map where you're supposed to start? If you have, go to the intro map and select the event at the center and edit it, at the end, it says to which map it will transfer when intro is done, so edit where it says where you'll be transfered and put in the map where you want to start.
O.o Did you accidently quote me? That has nothing to do with the error at all, I wouldn't have even gotten that far if that were the case. And I mean no offense by the way. Thanks for replying though :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2010
kinda a dumb question but my friend wants secret bases in the game im making for him how do i set that up...you know use secret power on a certain spot opens up a room where u can move items around and stuff?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Thanks. So what if I still want say, Kadabra to evolve with the Trade stone and by trading? Is this possible?

(Seperate Question) I can't figure out how to make a trainer do anything but battle and talk. The notes say just enter the event commands (like the rival battle where afterwards he walks away and disappears) and the game ignors everything except the "Comment" commands. Please help.
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Trade,TRADESTONE,ALAKAZAM,Item,TRADESTONE

It's fine for a pokémon to evolve into another Pokémon via multiple different methods (e.g. Eevee could evolve into Leafeon via either map-based happy level up or by using the Leaf Stone).

(Separate question) Try deleting the comments. They've served their purpose (they generated the battle/talk event commands when the game was compiled). If there are no commands to compile, maybe they won't overwrite the additional stuff you've put in. You don't strictly need to use the comments at all; they just make it easier to set up a simple trainer.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to make it so that you can enter more than 7 characters for a Name/Nickname? O.o
When you pick a starter, set a game variable to a different number depending on which starter you chose (e.g. 1=Bulbasaur, 2=Charmander, 3=Squirtle).

As mentioned earlier, make three versions of the rival for each encounter, each using a different starter.

When you encounter your rival, make a conditional branch that checks the value of that game variable. If the variable equals 1, then start a battle against the version of the rival that has a Charmander. If 2, the rival has a Squirtle. And so on. Or if it's the other rival, they use the weaker starter instead. It works just the same.

The wiki explains all of this in detail, including the name length question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back