• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fairy type question

Years
Hi!
I was trying to implement the Fairy type into my game, but the icon does not appear on the summary screen. I put the information into the types.txt and inserted icons into the picture folder, too. Fairy-type moves are shown on the move screen correctly, the problem just lies in the summary screen. What can I do to fix this?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 1, 2018
you need to update the pokedextypes graphics too

edit: There are 3 graphics for types that you need to update.

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
There is no third type-graphic afaik.

Anyway, this is probably a very dumb question but are you sure you did change the type of the particular pok?mon to the fairy-type?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 1, 2018
you have 3 graphics that need to update when adding types.

1. battleFightButtons
2. pokedexTypes
3. types

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
I don't think adding the Fairy type in Essentials is hard at all. I did that before myself.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Then can you share with us how you did it? Because it appears there are people who are having difficulty.

Well, it's simple to do in terms of programming, but I'm unsure how it'll go in graphics.

First you must add Fairy as a type by copying another type and pasting it at the bottom, and replace the weaknesses and strengths with what Fairy really has. Second you must go to the types images in the images folder and either replace or add a new type image directly after the last added type.

Try those steps first and see if it'll work well.

Back