• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Do you watch or skip filler episodes in anime?

Years
another interesting topic
How do you feel about fillers in anime? Do you generally watch or skip them? If you were to watch a very long anime series such as, say, One Piece, from the beginning, would you watch or skip the (many) fillers?

Years
Depends really. I can generally tolerate fillers if they're not long, drawn-out arc or if I feel they actually add something to the experience. So generally speaking I don't really skip filler arcs/eps. That being said if the filler is bad enough and adds nothing to the overall experience I am out of there.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I generally watch filler episodes just because they are enjoyable in the animes I usually watch but in longer series such as One Piece I can definitely see why people would skip them.

That being said I usually binge animes after they've long been completed so it's easier to tolerate the filler compared to ongoing shows.

Years
I find filler episodes to be some of the best, actually. If I watch an anime I view the entire thing from start to finish.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
depends on the series. i normally watch fillers but if it's something i read in manga form and the fillers don't seem particularly interesting then i'll skip. but there are some fillers (like some of naruto's. others i skipped because it's one of those "i just want to get to the story" animes) that give characters that normally wouldn't have any screentime more time on the screen by giving them focus and that's always nice lol.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
always watch. i havent seen any super long shounen like op or naruto so i cant speak on that but i usually find them very enjoyable in smaller shows. sometimes i need a break

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
I found out late the word "filler", if i start something i continue to watch it till end. (Even if boring) sometimes you find things unexpected and can become one of your favo anime or other stuff. (In other words never gibe up)

Years
I watch most filler with no real reason other than it's there, actually. I understand why they're there, but they are a bit jarring at times if the studio doesn't put effort into actually planning them out so they don't just cut into the middle of an arc.

Years
i watch the fillers of the animes i watch. the only time i gave up an anime was because of filler. detective conan is a great show but i hated the ungodly amount of fillers. i know i could just skip it and watch the important ones but i dont like skipping anything. still hope i get the energy to continue watching it

Years
I will watch as many episodes as I can, even if it's filler, just because I hate the thought of missing out on anything.

Now if a series decides to do a recap episode...yeah, good chance I might be skipping over that. Seen it already, don't waste my time with showing it to me again.

Years
I try to watch as many episodes as possible. I haven't skipped any filler in Inuyasha or the sun and moon anime yet. Seriously thinking about it for the former, but low key worried I'll miss something cool

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm a completionist when it comes to anime, so I will watch filler episodes. Except well, Bleach, I skipped season 4 because it was a filler arc, but other than that, I never skip filler.

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
I will watch as many episodes as I can, even if it's filler, just because I hate the thought of missing out on anything.

Now if a series decides to do a recap episode...yeah, good chance I might be skipping over that. Seen it already, don't waste my time with showing it to me again.

Same here. I don't like the thought that I missed episodes in an anime, if they are boring or not.
With One Piece I actually liked the filler episodes. (At least up to what episode I'm at which is 579 lol)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2021
If I really enjoy the show, then definitely, but if the show is hyped and I don't like it, then i skip fillers

Back