• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: The Keepers of Order

Alex N

Lead Developer, Pokémon: The Keepers of Order
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021

2fiDWGh.png

Introduction

Welcome to Pokémon: The Keepers of Order, a free Pokémon fangame made in RPG Maker XP using Pokémon Essentials. Featuring 151 brand-new Pokémon, the game is set in the expansive region of Bio Daetera, where a young Pokémon trainer traverses the land and uncovers its deepest secrets. The game runs about 6 hours long (not counting the postgame), and is currently only available in English. The game runs on Windows, with a Mac version in the works currently. If you have any questions, or would like to report any bugs, please send an email to [email protected].

NDWl3oo.png

Story

Many years ago, according to legend, a great storm caused by a creature of unparalleled power put life on Bio Daetera at risk. A young man named Titus, however, saved the land by teaming up with Jettic and Lunera, known as the Keepers of Order. These two Pokemon are supposedly the only means to both summon and resist the legendary Chiaros, itself a synthesis of Jettic and Lunera's dark and light energies. After his grand triumph, Titus was coronated as king, while the Keepers of Order were stowed away in Yin Yang Forest.

Recently, Jettic and Lunera have gone missing from the forest, sending everyone into a frenzy of fear and division. Two distinct groups, GenComm Cobalt, led by King Titus, and GenComm Argon, led by Prince Nathan, are pitted directly against each other. As tensions escalate, Prince Nathan and Argon contemplate the controversial option of summoning Chiaros. Though King Titus tries to temper his son's dangerous vision, it seems as if Nathan will either accomplish his dream or die trying.

An aspiring Pokémon trainer from Nisi Island, you find yourself caught between both sides, empathizing with Nathan at one moment, and trying to defeat him the next. The journey to find the Keepers of Order soon becomes a story about dreams, a battle between stasis and change, and a quest for perfection — if it even exists.

H3GvGJd.png

Features

Discover 151 entirely new Pokémon endemic to Bio Daetera, a region with modernized cities, rustic towns, flowery plains, and arduous mountains alike.

A short game length (approximately 6 hours, excluding the postgame) enables for a quick playthrough, possibly all in a single sitting.

Higher experience rates mean less time spent level grinding.

A number of postgame sidequests allow for continued adventure even after completing the game.

Screenshots

L1pJR8P.png

Download & Links

Download File (v1.0.1)
Download Instructions
Wiki Home Page
Pokédex

Credits

Pokémon: The Keepers of Order
2016-2018

Project Developer, Game Director, Art Director, Writer: Alex N

RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain

Pokémon Essentials: Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno, and all other contributors

Elite Battle System: Luka S.J.

Tiles & Misc Graphics: KyleDove, Phyromatical, WesleyFG, Magiscarf, Shiney570, ChaoticCherryCake, Alucus, Flurmimons, Gallanty, Ditto209, Akizakura16, PhoenixofLight92

Video Tutorials: Thundaga, Atomic Reactor, Dylanrockin, II Colour Spectrum

The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, and Game Freak

Attachments

• Pokémon - The Keepers of Order.png
    Pokémon - The Keepers of Order.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Banner 1.png
    Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Banner 1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Banner 2.png
    Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Banner 2.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Screenshots.png
    Pokémon - The Keepers of Order Screenshots.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
This actually looks pretty promising. Why aren't people talking about this? :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 1, 2022
i found a Crystal in a cave but i don.t know what else i am suppose to do

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
i found a Crystal in a cave but i don.t know what else i am suppose to do

After you find the crystal, head back on Ozen Passage until you reach the boat on the west side of the route and talk to King Titus.

PunkKat1

SoulfulPoet
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The game sounds amazing and the screenshots make it look great but I'm having trouble getting it to start.

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
The game sounds amazing and the screenshots make it look great but I'm having trouble getting it to start.

Thanks! Did you try clicking on the Download Instructions link? Feel free to send me a personal message if you're still lost after that.

PunkKat1

SoulfulPoet
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've done that but maybe it's just be something on my end.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I recommend redesigning some fakemon and giving different poses to others. Still this is pretty cool

EDIT: The pokedex crashes the game. This is something you need to fix. Also can we have a IV/EV readout on the summery screen?

Last edited:

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Just added links to the Pokédex, outlining all 151 original Pokémon that appear in the game, as well as to the Wiki Home Page, which links out to a complete game walkthrough and detailed pages on locations, characters, and more. Super thankful for everyone who has checked out and supported this thread!

Lucious130

Beginner
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2019
Hey there seems to be an encounter in draggo canyon that is crashing the game, its not dracub and you can use repels to move past the cave but then i think a trainer has the problem pokemon because he also crashes the game. Thankfully this doesnt seem to be part of the story but i still like exploring and completing the dex

Lucious130

Beginner
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2019
Unfortunately encountered the same problem with a trainer in the ice area. This time she is blocking progress of the story. Unfortunately i dont think you can complete the game because of this

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Unfortunately encountered the same problem with a trainer in the ice area. This time she is blocking progress of the story. Unfortunately i dont think you can complete the game because of this

The encounters you are referring to involve the dragon variants of Dimskull and Grinder. When testing their encounters from the unencrypted copy of the game, there didn't appear to be any issues. Yet when I did the same for the encrypted version (the one that is released to the public) I encountered the same problem you were describing. It seems that the game file loses the data for different forms upon encryption if the battlers folder is also encrypted.

Thanks for alerting me to this problem. I will let you know when I have made the update (probably over the weekend) and I wish you the best of luck!

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Version 1.0.1 is up and running!!! The Pokédex now functions properly, as do encounters with Dimskull and Grinder's dragon variants. Your old save file will still be compatible with the new version provided that you open the game from the v1.0.1 folder.

Last edited:

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021
graphics folder not downloading

The graphics folder is embedded within the encrypted file and is not publicly available. The entire game now functions properly in v1.0.1 (see link in main post) now that I have re-added the data folder.

Alex N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 8, 2021

Fixed in v1.0.1 (see link in main post). Thanks for pointing this out!

Years
This looks pretty promising. I think I'll try it out on Twitch! (Same username) But it'll be at least a week before because I'm going on a family trip for a week, and I don't have a laptop, plus, *FAMILY TRIP*

Last edited:
Back