• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a squid, or a squid?

Which Pokémon do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
9daf87edb49a675fe56754b094133687eabf2d45_hq.gif

There are plenty of creatures of the deep in the Pokemon universe, but some are just a little better than others. Of all of the squid-like Pokemon that we have so far, which one is your favorite?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Tentacool is my bro. Tenta. Cooool. I thought it was so cool in the anime, shooting lasers and knowing Bind etc.

Edit: wait how is tentacool a squid? Isn't it a jellyfish.

Last edited:
Years
Tentacruel is based on both the jellyfish and giant squid (squid have beaks like Tentacruel, jellyfish don't). Tentacool probably shouldn't be there but oooh welllll

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Malamar! I love its supervillian aesthetic. >8D And I really feel like it's the best Pokemon-depiction of a cephalopod - their scary intelligence and general strangeness.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Inkay legit scared me last night when it popped up on the side of the page...! D:

Omanyte and Omastar should fall under the "squid-like" category, seeing as ammonites were basically spiral-shelled squids. This would make Omanyte my favorite. I remember getting a Japanese Omanyte card from a classmate way back in elementary school. I've still got it and I adore it. (I really should have it on display with my fossils.)

TND3ppv.jpg

Funny enough, it was just a few days ago that I SR'd a Shiny Omanyte in Diamond.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
where is octillery

also
DC7HnvwUIAAf5ID.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Inkay! It's the cutest and I loved James and his Inkay during XY. One day I'll actually use Inkay/Malamar in the games haha.

Years
I love Inkay and Malamar's design, but they were kinda meh to use in-game. So I'll give my vote to Tentacruel, because it's a better squid overall.

Years
I hate the tenta line for being so freaking annoying in Gen III surf routes but admittedly, I've never really felt all that strongly about the Inkay line in particular, and plus I think Tentacruel is the coolest looking of the bunch.

Back