• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] SpaceWorld Op

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
631128_1527856506087.png

Well met Everyone,

I've been working on a side project for a Pokemon mod where I got my hands on some developers tools via github. At its minimum, I had designated the RNG damage variance variable (0.85-1.0) to function exclusively within the Critical Hit parameter.

At its most, I've been meaning to create a discord where people can discuss ways to flesh out certain monsters that can be found in the SpaceWorld demo, alongside a few revisions to type resistance match-ups (very similar to Pokemon Prism).

I've really taken a liking to ShockSlayer's Crystal Clear and the way he handled gym scaling, as far as mods go the open world dynamic ideally bolstered Generation II's replay factor for me.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, his project isn't open source so I can't quite cherry pick gameplay features for demonstration purposes regarding my own development. I believe that PRET has reverse engineered the Spaceworld demo in it's entirety to the point where the game can be played (so far as a demo is playable); the only downside is that the stat values for pokemon
themselves are the generic numbers found in a base template for new monsters. By design most like likely.

For what I have in mind, contributors to the discord would essentially have part in designing fakemons ideally to a competitively viable state. Who knows, if we're feeling ambitious we a can include animated sprites in the official Showdown engine by request to the devs.

I've designated my own private room using Showdown's server and created a mock up of the Gym Leaders and their teams from Generation II. If you are interested in the prospect, I invite you battle me while I construct the Discord (rules, channels, etc.)

Future Updates
-Find a way to make WarWolf Smaller
-include changelog
-share twitter link
-proof of concept video

Last edited:
Back