• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Koda - Original Monster Capturing Game

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
PROJECT KODA
Hello all,
I'm writing here to get some feedback on an idea I have as this seems to be the best place around regarding these things.
I am in the very earlier stages of creating an original monster training-battling RPG game which, for now, we shall refer to as Project Koda. Project Koda takes place in a world unique and completely unrelated to Pokemon. While Project Koda will feel very familiar, it will also be its on entity. Now that you know a little about Project Koda, lets get started. (The following write up will use generic terms to preserve sensitive information.)

STORY
Project Koda takes place in a region, tentatively titled, Koda. You begin as a young college student who just decided what career path they want to take. This path you choose just so happens to encompass the vast world of the monsters around you. You will meet with your advisor, a Professor from your college, who will explain to you what you will be doing as you begin your summer internship for him. Along the way you will meet friends, some friendly and some rivals, challenge the 6 elite families of Koda, and discover the mystery surrounding your school that could change the course of destiny forever. Not to mention having to face other elite foe who plan to stop you from gaining entry into a tournament where you can win Koda's biggest scholarship for your career path! Do you have what it takes to tame the worlds many monsters and defeat all that stand in your way?

FEATURES
-Over 120 Unique Monsters to train and collect -15+ different types of Monsters with over 6 brand new, original types -An original, mature storyline made specifically for a rated T RPG -Face 6 families to gain their family emblem, battle the Big 5, and enter Koda's biggest monster battling tournament -Explore the vast region and all of its secrets with other characters -RPG cut scenes while traveling that help you unravel the stories mysteries -And many, many, more features to come

MECHANICS
-Over 15 types and type combinations with their own strengths and weaknesses

-An innovative battle system consisting of HP, ATK, SP. ATK, DEF, SP. DEF, SPD, and TP.

-Teach your Monsters over 4 moves at a time.

-Evolve Monsters to their final stage and get them to Lv 99 or keep them at younger stages and level them up to Lv 999 to give them a fighting chance against naturally stronger monsters. (SYSTEM CURRENTLY BEING RE-IMAGINED!)

-Complete demolition of the EV/IV/Natures/Abilities system in favor of a brand new one that allows for more balance and customization.

OUTRO
Thank you for taking the time to read just a little about the game I am working on. Now that you've heard some of the features of this game, I ask you for your feedback and help.
The plan is to make this game into an official mobile game for iOS, Android and Windows phones.
Anyone interested in working on this game with me, feel free to post here or contact me. All other comments, critics, suggestions, and questions can be posted here or can be private messaged as well.

Thank you again,

PROJECT KODA

MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

Back