• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I'm back, and since I don't feel like finishing (or even starting) my Zangoose run on White, I decided to start a brand new USC! This time, using another underused 3rd Gen Pokemon:

sableye.png

Devonshire, the Sableye
(free cookie to whoever gets the reference in the name)

I have a feeling that this one will be the toughest.

At least, I did before I actually started the run. I'm already past Brock AND Misty, without breaking a sweat. Devonshire is a boss. He's already level 30.

Last edited:
Years
I'll join playing left green with a Pidgey solo run

Journal 1 : Started the game and all the starters were changed to pidgey for the sake of this run.
Named myself BOB and my rival POP.
Easily defeated my rival. Made my way to viridian city and got oak's parcel.
Then I leveled my pidgey to level 13 for brock's gym.
Got lost a few times in viridian forest looking for items.
Caught a caterpie for hm use. Also caught another pidgey for hm use as well.
Made it to brocks gym and lost twice then I finally beat him after enough trouble.
then I made it to Mt. Moon and aught a geodude for hm use.
Got to cerulean city and saved the game for the day.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
And in the course of only two hours, Devonshire the Sableye has now dominated four more Gyms, triumphed over Team Rocket two more times, and kicked my rival's ass thrice over. My premonition of high difficulty was grossly misplaced; either that, or perhaps I haven't quite gotten to the challenging part.

Present Summary
:
Devonshire, the level 69 Mild Natured Sableye
Stats:
HP: 179
Attack: 130
Defense: 122
Sp. Attack: 129
Sp. Defense: 99
Speed: 109
Moves:
Faint Attack
Mega Punch
Psychic
Shadow Ball

BTW, I figured it would be tougher because Sableye isn't exactly very strong, nor does it have the largest move-pool. Even with its lack of weaknesses, it has pretty bad stats all around. But currently, Devonshire is proving my theory wrong, so I dunno. Maybe it is much better at battling than I first guessed.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
AND SUDDENLY MYRRHMAN OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, after nearly 7 months, I've finally updated the OP! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Congratulations to all who have been added to the champions list.

In other news, I've taken out the challengers list. I just feel that about 50% of the people who sign up for this challenge never finish it. So, once you finish the challenge, I'll give you credit. Sometime.

In other news, I'm still trying to solo all the fully evolved pokemon for RBY. I can't do all of them because I use the speed button, and at 5000% speed, I will inevitably miss a b button and it will evolve. But yea, doing the fully evolved ones.

Edit: Well, did Raticate in about an hour and a half. Not too shabby. I fought a lot more trainers than usual. Here's the final screenie.
pokemonblue01n.png

His moves were Dig, Body Slam (PP UP'd), Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Hey, glad to see this thread finally updated! Although it seems you've missed my recent posts about my Sableye Ultimate Solo Challenge. Which, might I mention, is now onto it's second leg, as I have just finished destroying Kanto's Elite Four.

Summary: Got the last few badges, which was extremely easy, and conquered Victory Road. However, Lorelei kept screwing me up (Confuse Ray, Sweet Kiss, and Attract are all cheap and dirty tricks), and I had to go back, train a bit more, hype up on Rare Candies, and teach Devonshire Shock Wave, and even still I barely squeaked past her. The rest of the E4 was way too easy in comparison, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance all fell with no trouble. The rival battle was anti-climactic when I look at how hard Lorelei was.

Either way, FR is done, HG/SS is up next!

Final summary
:
Devonshire, the level 90 Mild Sableye
Stats:
HP: 228
Attack: 166
Defense: 156
Sp. Attack: 165
Sp. Defense: 126
Speed: 140
Moves:
Faint Attack
Shock Wave
Psychic
Shadow Ball

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey, glad to see this thread finally updated! Although it seems you've missed my recent posts about my Sableye Ultimate Solo Challenge. Which, might I mention, is now onto it's second leg, as I have just finished destroying Kanto's Elite Four.

Summary: Got the last few badges, which was extremely easy, and conquered Victory Road. However, Lorelei kept screwing me up (Confuse Ray, Sweet Kiss, and Attract are all cheap and dirty tricks), and I had to go back, train a bit more, hype up on Rare Candies, and teach Devonshire Shock Wave, and even still I barely squeaked past her. The rest of the E4 was way too easy in comparison, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance all fell with no trouble. The rival battle was anti-climactic when I look at how hard Lorelei was.

Either way, FR is done, HG/SS is up next!

Final summary
:
Devonshire, the level 90 Mild Sableye
Stats:
HP: 228
Attack: 166
Defense: 156
Sp. Attack: 165
Sp. Defense: 126
Speed: 140
Moves:
Faint Attack
Shock Wave
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Nah, didn't miss that. I've decided to do the challenge a bit differently. Due to the high percentage of people who sign up for a challenge and don't ever finish it, I've decided to only update your status if you've completed the game. For normal challenges, you'll get on the list once you're done with the challenge. For ultimates, I'll put you under the Kanto list once you've finished that region. Think of it as a 'done through' whatever list your name's on. So, I'll add you to the Kanto list now.

Edit:
pokemonblue01.png

Did another one today. He knew Drill Peck, Razor Wind, Fly, and Fury Attack.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Nah, didn't miss that. I've decided to do the challenge a bit differently. Due to the high percentage of people who sign up for a challenge and don't ever finish it, I've decided to only update your status if you've completed the game. For normal challenges, you'll get on the list once you're done with the challenge. For ultimates, I'll put you under the Kanto list once you've finished that region. Think of it as a 'done through' whatever list your name's on. So, I'll add you to the Kanto list now.

Ah, that makes sense. And it keeps those who aren't committed from cluttering up the list.

Anyways, I WAS going to update after I beat Bugsy, but I accidentally kept going up until beating Jasmine. That speed button is really handy, you know.

Current status in my Soul Silver portion
:
6 Gyms beaten
Taking on Team Rocket's Secret Base
Pokemon:
Devonshire, the Level 44 Adamant(hard nature to use for him) Sableye
Stats:
HP: 109
Attack: 100
Defense: 77
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 78
Speed: 67
Moves:
Power Gem
Shadow Claw
Dig
Faint Attack

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
*Second Update
( Solo Challenge, Pokémon Platinum, Togekiss )

Here is where a record of my progress is kept for those interested in reading. Mostly for myself to keep track of what I have/haven't done.

| OCT. 2nd, 2011 - OCT. 4th, 2011|
Spoiler:
176.png

Aero
(Level 29)

• Yawn
  • Rock Smash
  • Return
  • Metronome

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2018
Challenge log 2:

Went to mount moon
Battled all the trainers there
Reached Viridian
Beat the jerk
Caught pidgey for hm slave
Got SS Ticket from Bill
Destroyed Misty with 4 bites
Caught meowth for hm slave

My Pok'emon as of now:

Bold Natured Wartortle LVL: 29

Stats:

HP: 76
A: 42
D: 62
SPCA: 51
SPCD: 59
SPD: 46

Challenge log 3:

I'm way overleveled!!

Went to Vermilion
Defeated the jerk again
Got HM1 cut
Wartortle is now Blastoise <3
Defeated Gym leader Surge
Got HM5 Flash
Went Through Rock Tunnel
Got eevee for hm slave
Defeated Gym leader Erika

My Pokemon:

Blastoise

Lvl 49

Moves:
Bite
Water pulse
Dig
Brick Break

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Another update on the fly here:
Current Status:
Game: Soul Silver
Badges: 8
Just beat the E4 and Lance, ready to start the Kanto leg of SS
Side Note: The whole E4 was easy up til Karen, due to Devonshire not knowing any attacks that worked well against Dark Types. Lance's Gyarados actually caused the most problems, though his three Dragonites were no pushovers. Charizard and Aerodactyl were no trouble though.
Pokemon:
Devonshire, the Level 65 Adamant Sableye
Stats:
HP: 160
Attack: 150
Defense: 115
Sp. Attack: 104
Sp. Defense: 116
Speed: 105
Moves:
Shadow Claw
Zen Headbutt
Dig
Faint Attack

Niriate

Rivalist
Years
Since my hacking skills are a complete faillure, I'm going to try out an easier run.

Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Kricketune

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Hey i going to try to beat a ultimate solo with Zangoose on FireRed HeartGold Emerald and Diamond
Not 100% sure if i have to do it on a Isshu game but if i do ill go with White

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Hey i going to try to beat a ultimate solo with Zangoose on FireRed HeartGold Emerald and Diamond
Not 100% sure if i have to do it on a Isshu game but if i do ill go with White

Hey, good luck with that. As a guy who has done this already, I know it's pretty tough. Here's a little tip: even if you don't use stat boosting moves normally, keep Swords Dance. One or two of those before each Gym Leader/E4 member helps SO much.

Little update on my Sableye run, got back the machine part from that Rocket guy from Unova and beat Misty with no trouble. Not much changed with Devonshire's stats, so no stat update is necessary IMO.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ima sign up for this, since I just cleared out my Black version for it :3

Game: Black
Pokemon: Cottonee/Whimsicott

EDIT: Um... well, I'm currently at the second gym, but I seem to have gotten myself into a small predicament... it seems I overlevelled my Cottonee and she refuses to obey, so would I be able to use a second Pokemon to get my second gym badge(then my Cottonee should obey after that) or do I have to tough it out? ...It doesn't seem possible that I could beat Lenora with a Cottonee that won't obey... :S

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Final Update on SS Run:
Blaine was easy, so was Blue. Although Blue did give me a run for my money. Got Devonshire to level 91 before taking on Red.

Red was a TOTAL pain, especially since it seemed that all of his Pokemon could use Blizzard. Lapras was worst, even with Devonshire's Brick Break. Every time it got anywhere near the red, Full Restores came flying out of Red's bottomless bag. I swear he used at least 4 on that thing.

Pokemon:
Devonshire, the Level 91 Adamant Sableye
Stats:
HP: 220
Attack: 209
Defense: 159
Sp. Attack: 144
Sp. Defense: 160
Speed: 145
Moves:
Zen Headbutt
Shadow Claw