The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Science & Technology
Chit-Chat Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Science & Technology From the computer lab to the chemistry lab, or even the observatory, here's where we nerd out over all things science and technology!

Old April 9th, 2018 (2:25 PM).
What were you the god of again?

Nature: Quiet
Good. Let's all suffer together. Things got worse for me today; got spooked by the news that the technical interview I've to give for my dissertation was scheduled for tomorrow only to later be told that it is actually scheduled for the 17th instead. Yikes!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 9th, 2018 (5:04 PM).
We come close to find Singularity

Nature: Adamant
Updated and corrected a lot of the details on the project I’m leading development for, namely ÔÇô, on the company’s webpage for it.

Been reading through the Vulkan API header to write the startup routine for a Vulkan-based renderer, when I have time! Currently away from home in New Orleans to see WWE. The page should give a good summary of things for laymen and programmers alike.
Old April 9th, 2018 (7:47 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Updated and corrected a lot of the details on the project I’m leading development for, namely ÔÇô, on the company’s webpage for it.

Been reading through the Vulkan API header to write the startup routine for a Vulkan-based renderer, when I have time! Currently away from home in New Orleans to see WWE. The page should give a good summary of things for laymen and programmers alike.
I really wish I could spend some time from home. Hopefully I'll be going to Calgary next month for a work training seminar, so it'll be really nice to get out of the city for a few days.

Trying to finish an assignment where we use jQuery and JavaScript to implement Minesweeper, and that's about half done, then I have one other assignment in using PHP for form verification. Can't wait to have it all be done so I can get to my final project.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Moderator of Science & Technology - Signature Image
Old April 11th, 2018 (3:50 PM). Edited April 11th, 2018 by Alexander Nicholi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
I really wish I could spend some time from home. Hopefully I'll be going to Calgary next month for a work training seminar, so it'll be really nice to get out of the city for a few days.

Trying to finish an assignment where we use jQuery and JavaScript to implement Minesweeper, and that's about half done, then I have one other assignment in using PHP for form verification. Can't wait to have it all be done so I can get to my final project.
That’s cool. Just got back from New Orleans yesterday, crashed like a rock from outer space.

About a week ago I applied for a job at Red Hat, and today I decided the PDF I printed verbatim from my website’s page just looked terrible.

Redid it in Publisher, and this is how it came out:
Spoiler:

Unfortunately, their jobs portal listed my application for that job as “resumé received”, although I was still able to resubmit my resumé to my portal profile. Fingers crossed :P
Old April 13th, 2018 (10:18 PM).

Well, got Minesweeper back. 120% mark (10/10 for the assignment itself, plus 2 bonus marks for correctly implementing the recursive reveal function), and I'm on to the PHP form verification assignment. It's slowly coming along but I'm only just now getting things working, some parts of my form won't show up under some conditions. Managed a workaround but it's not as optimal as I wanted it to be. Oh well, it works.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

Old April 17th, 2018 (3:49 AM).

Nature: Jolly

I wish my home speeds matched my work speeds.
Old April 18th, 2018 (8:38 PM).

I wrote about Arqadium’s production of the ÔÇô Engine, explaining its development and release models, and its roadmap to release: https://nicholatian.com/oco/continuous.md

It’s been dark themed and all for optimal viewing.
Old April 29th, 2018 (6:06 AM).

Back on my Moto G again. I think something on my iPhone's logic board was shot because even with a screen replacement, touch responsiveness was becoming unreliable.

Getting a new phone hopefully by the end of the week
Old May 7th, 2018 (10:49 PM).

Well, I'm now drawing out sketches for my programming job. Gotta come up with some concepts for the UI that I am to code out. This will be fun...

Old May 8th, 2018 (5:53 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
Well, I'm now drawing out sketches for my programming job. Gotta come up with some concepts for the UI that I am to code out. This will be fun...
Oh that sounds fun... reminds me of when I used to draw small comics in class, and when I drew a computer screen I used to always draw Windows with the taskbar and icons.

Also, lorem ipsum is your friend too.
Old May 8th, 2018 (12:56 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
Oh that sounds fun... reminds me of when I used to draw small comics in class, and when I drew a computer screen I used to always draw Windows with the taskbar and icons.

Also, lorem ipsum is your friend too.
Yeah, I used a lorem ipsum generator while testing out my blog project. Was useful as heck for testing longer pages.

Old June 1st, 2018 (10:12 AM).
Despite all my rage, I'm still just a deer in a cage

Nature: Timid
Help! My Surface Pro has this sickly sweet chemical smell coming from it and I don't know why or what it is
Flaunt your personality"
Old June 9th, 2018 (4:25 PM).
Wayfarer

Nature: Brave
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sawsbuck View Post
    Help! My Surface Pro has this sickly sweet chemical smell coming from it and I don't know why or what it is
    Try asking Microsoft about it. They should be able to help you.

Quick Reply