• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is gen 6 the end

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
Pokemon has been alive for over a decade. There are now over 600 pokemon. Do you think Pokemon X and Y is the end. Has Game Freak run out of ideas.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This is like asking if there are holes in Swiss cheese.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokemon has been alive for over a decade. There are now over 600 pokemon. Do you think Pokemon X and Y is the end. Has Game Freak run out of ideas.

These sort of topics have popped up every generation since Generation 3. No, they aren't out of ideas and it isn't the end of Pokemon. They will continue to make Pokemon games until they stop making money. They have a huge file of unused concepts that they just end up fixing up later on if they don't hire new artists. Munna and Tirtouga were both concept Pokemon from Generation 1 that reappeared in Generation 5. This is probably going to happen up until they stop being able to sale.

This is like asking if there are holes in Swiss cheese.

Cyclone
That is a HORRIBLE analogy....Basically you just said, yes this is the last game and Pokemon has run out of ideas. Swiss Cheese DOES have holes in it, so relating the question "Are they running out of ideas/is this the end of Pokemon?" to the question "does swiss cheese have holes?" is saying yes. -w-

Guy

just a guy
Years
A better analogy for this would be, can pigs fly? Since this is more of a general topic than it is about X and Y, I'm going to move this on over to Pokémon Gaming Central where it'll fit in better.

As for my two cents. Gen II was supposed to be Pokémon's last generation, but since the franchise became so popular GameFreak had no choice but to keep on going. Since Pokémon is still such in high demand and one of the best selling franchises for Game Freak and Nintendo both, don't expect Pokémon to be going anywhere anytime soon. Gen VI is just another new generation of many more to come.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That is a HORRIBLE analogy....Basically you just said, yes this is the last game and Pokemon has run out of ideas. Swiss Cheese DOES have holes in it, so relating the question "Are they running out of ideas/is this the end of Pokemon?" to the question "does swiss cheese have holes?" is saying yes. -w-
My mistake. You know what I was trying to say, I just analogized on the wrong side of the question.

Cyclone

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is Pokemon still making money? Yes? Then it's not gonna end any time soon.

This is really the best post in the thread as of now cause it answers the question to a t. And idk why this even is a discussion, that being said.

I'm moving this to General since this can broaden out to the generation as a whole, and not just the games.

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
Thanks you all for your opinions,btw what i meant when i asked if you think gamefreak is running out of ideas,i meant good ideas.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I doubt it. Like said above, Pokémon is still making money, so I doubt they'll end 15 years into it. Heck, I'll be 100 in 2090 and we'll probably still have Pokémon then.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This topic's been talked about alot lately so I'll just say the same thing I say everytime. No. As others said, since Pokemon still widely popular and successful. Generation II was gonna be the end of , but then GameFreak realized that as long as new Pokemon are in demand, they can more money off the games. There's likely gonna be some successor of the 3DS and when that system is released, there will bound to be a Pokemon game for it.And to answer the "Are GameFreak running out of ideas?" question? No I don't think so. There's still many creatures and things that can made into Pokemon. There's million of creatures in the world, and alot of them still aren't Pokemon. There's alot of them who are complex and such, but there's still many ideas in the sea.And there's also many new game mechanics GameFreak can introduce to the game, so I think there's many more years of Pokemon to come.

Years
I don't think they've run out of ideas, plus Pokemon is the second biggest selling video game franchise so it's unlikely to end anytime soon. Why end Pokemon now cos the franchise is still making money? No it won't.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't believe so. GF will most likely continue to make more and more generations with hundreds more new Pokemon with more to come. If GF were to completely halt the production of new Pokemon, it would more or less signify the death of Pokemon. Without new makings, people will get bored and will eventually leave the fandom, and that might probably apply to me too. I would probably see Pokemon grow until the end of time.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I don't think so. Game Freak has new ideas every time, and Pokemon is one of the biggest franchise, so I know that Game Freak will not end this franchise.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I think as long as they make money off of it, and forums like this and many others still exist, they will continue making it. Maybe there will be Pokemon based off the same animal but different designs. I mean, IRL there are many kinds of the same animals just different types. That could work in Pokemon to I guess.

EDIT: My 666th post :)

Years
I don't think they've run out of ideas, plus Pokemon is the second biggest selling video game franchise so it's unlikely to end anytime soon. Why end Pokemon now cos the franchise is still making money? No it won't.

This got me thinking. I wonder if Pokemon will ever overtake Mario to become Nintendo's biggest selling franchise.

As for whether they will stop making new pokemon, well I said that they might stop at the end of Gen IV mainly because of Arceus but they carried on and Pokemon X and Y are already in the process not even two years after the release of Black and White. So on that basis, it looks like Pokemon will be around for a long time yet with even more new pokemon waiting to be made in years to come.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To be honest, no I don't think Gen 6 is the end. Despite being a massive load of Pokemon to catch, see and find out more about,they'll probably continue making new games, on new consoles,who knows one day we might witness Pokemon on a Kinect? Also the franchise is a huge success and is drawing in loads of profit, plus I'm sure people are working day and night, creating new Pokemon to put into future games. To sum it all up, I doubt Gen 6 is the end, Pokemon will continue on and on till there's over 2000 mons probably. :x

Guest123_x1

Pokémon will continue with new generations being released as long as Game Freak has new ideas, and the games keep selling. I've heard the "last generation" rumors when Generation V was announced, and it was bunk then also.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Doesn't . . . doesn't someone ask this every generation? Sometimes even with a new game in general. . . .

No, Pokémon won't be ending anytime soon. That's a simple fact of life. They'll keep making it until it becomes ridiculous and they can no longer make money off of it. I, personally, think there's so much more they could do with the series. They just have to move away from the basic, generic Pokémon formula. That's unlikely to happen and is completely besides the point, but whatever, lol.

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
Pokemon won't stop for a LONG time, especially if Gamefreak starts taking ideas for Pokemon from fans. I've seen hundreds of Fakemon that should be legit because they're so awesome.

Back