• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MOST XSE TUTORIALS DON'T WORK BUT THIS ONE DOES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
Okay I'm creating this XSE tutorial because none of the other ones work!
I don't think the authors of the tutorials did it on purpose but they don't work.

For this Tutorial I'm Going to assume some things.

• First that you have read some of the other XSE tutorials like Seth's and Hockeypanda32's
  • Second that you have done super basic scripting with pokescript. Don't worry though you just need to understand what the commands are supposed to do. Not what they did.
All right lets get this show on the road. First you need the following.

• A blank Pokemon ROM I'm Using Fire Red 1.0 but it's your choice.
  • A copy of XSE DUH!
  • A copy of Advance Map
I'm now going to make my point that the other tutorials don't work.
Here is some code from HOckeyPanda32's XSE tutorial.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 'or any offset there you want it to be thats open

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
Message @tutorial
boxset 6
release
end

#org @tutorial
= This is my first script!
you can test this code if you want. It won't work all you will get is an empty message box and the person you talked to won't stay still. That is because there is no lock command instead there is lockall. And the empty message box is because there is no message command instead there is msgbox. SO the correct XSE script would be
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 

#org @start
lockall
faceplayer
msgbox @tutorial
boxset 6
release
end

#org @tutorial
= This is my first script!
thats all for now since I have to teach myself it will take a while but I will add more to this tutorial. And the people who made the bad tutorials can use my code fix there tutorials and make them work. There will be more lol!

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
Years
you can test this code if you want. It won't work all you will get is an empty message box and the person you talked to won't stay still. That is because there is no lock command instead there is lockall. And the empty message box is because there is no message command instead there is msgbox.
I use the 'lock' command and my scripts work fine.... :\

Also I used to use 'message' instead of 'msgbox' and as far as I know XSE reads both comands....

Even though I understand that you're trying to help I think you should get your facts straight first. You're knew to XSE so you can't immediately assume something and then declare it as law. :\

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
O...K..., not sure why mine didn't work. It helped a good bit of folks.

There are some things wrong with your tutorial...
1. Use "msgbox" instead of "message". Reason why: Message will not read half of the time.
2. My tutorial has many more commands, (that work...)
3. (I'm not trying to be rude, buut... you got on my bad side with that comment about correcting our tutorials...) Mine does use that code! Do you think I (or HockeyPanda32) would post a tutorial that didn't use the right code??? [/annoyance]
4. Your boxset command doesn't work. O.O (And you say ours don't work...)

Seriously, you probably just made a typo, then got mad, and then posted saying ours' didn't work, when they do, while you were just mad because you never knew you made a simple typo that caused the script not to work.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Well, well... What do we have here? Another XSE tutorial... What the? Do you even get tired? All tutorials basically tell the same thing, plus yours is just too little and its not like your scripting is too good. The code for your script can be optimized, so just stick to using a callstd/boxset 0x2 which has a automatic lock & release built in by the game, so don't teach people the wrong thing you're just wasting server space and your time. The bottomline is don't go teaching people when you're not ready -.-" You can flame back if you want.

#org @Start
msgbox @text
boxset 0x2
end

#org @text
= ...

Edit: By the lockall, locks all sprites in the background... you know what that means? :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The other tutorials work just fine for everybody else. :\
I think your computer might not recognize some stuff, or your doing something wrong, like an error in the script. :\

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
honestly (hope im not flaming)
this is the worst XSE tutorial ive ever seen. And when you said "many" people including you cant get the other tuts to work which inspired you to make this, then how would you be able to make a tut if you cant learn?
and the sample script you left here is like exactly the same as the others so im guessing that maybe the problem's on your side and not the other authors

Years
Hockeypanda's tutorial worked just fine when I used it, it's quite unfair to pick at other people's work like that.

I didn't mean to flame, I just felt it necessary to say this.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
No, I don't think it's really flaming to flame a flame, is it?

Hey, a mod should change this thread's name to "MOST XSE TUTORIALS DO WORK BUT THIS ONE DOESN'T" because, well, his scripts aren't right. Also, this is the worst overall tut of anything I've seen at all.

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
okay sorry i guess i thought that way was because my scripts didn't work before and then my computer got screwed up so i had to reload xp. and they still didn't work. I'll get a mod to remove this thread okay.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
okay sorry i guess i thought that way was because my scripts didn't work before and then my computer got screwed up so i had to reload xp. and they still didn't work. I'll get a mod to remove this thread okay.

Well maybe update XSE to 1.0.1 if you did not, idk why they do not work though.

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
according to the about screen I an running 1.0.1 but thanks for trying to help.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
OK. This thread really should be locked (more so deleted -_-).

Anyways, if you want, I'll personally teach you how to script, that way, you will see that our tutorials Do work. (Although I'd much rather not, but if you're really having That much trouble, I might as well see what I can do to help.) Also, please don't do something like this again...

Seeing as it's basically Spam, Trolling, and a flame-war-starter. -_-

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
okay the personal training thing really isn't necessary hockeypanda helped with one of my major problems. I apologize for any toruble i've causes and this thread should be delteted.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
okay the personal training thing really isn't necessary hockeypanda helped with one of my major problems. I apologize for any toruble i've causes and this thread should be delteted.

Yes, it was your script settings, not your script :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back