• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
[From now on, i'm updating after beating a gym] [And if anyone can tell me if anything is wrong or should be changed about my story, that would be great, because this is my first time writing an actual pokemon story journal]

After deafting the Magma Grunt, the man gave me a great ball, and i headed out of petalburg woods. I entered a flower shop, got some berries, and a nice lady gave me a wailmer pail. Afterwards, i defeated a few pathetic trainers( there was even some dude who called himslef the water expert or something, when all he had was magikarp), and got to Rustboro City. I trained a little bit on route 116, then got to Roxanne. Here was my team at that point:
Spr_3r_253.png
lvl 16 and
Spr_3r_280.png
lvl 14

Grovyle easily pwned her, and i obtained the Stone Badge, my first badge which enhanced both of my pokemon's attack.

I exited the gym, and saw the guy i met in Petalburg woods being chased by a Mysterious man in a red suit that looked kinda like this:
RSE_MagmaGruntM.png
.I then headed back to route 116, and beat some more trainers with ralts, making her level up. Then reached Rusturf tunnel. An old guy told me his "Peeko" was taken my someone. I hurried into the cave/tunnel, got jumped by a few Whismurs and saw Magma Grunt and Peeko. I defeated him again, and rescued Peeko. Mr. Briney, then came in, introduced himself, and Offered to give me a ride on his boat. He then walked away, and i went back to Rustboro city, only to be greeted by the Devon goods guy once again. He gives me another great ball, and brings me into Devon Corporation building. He brings me to the third and final floor, and introduces me to the Deven Cooperation president. The president explains that he needs me to bring a letter to Steven in Dewford and a package to Captain Stern in Slateport(apparently he's too busy, but i think he's just lazy). In return he gives me a Pokenav. I accept, and then head all the way back to route 104, through Petalburg woods, and to Mt Briney's cottage. I find him chasing peeko (creepy), and explain to him how i need to get to Dewford to deliver the letter. He accepts, and brings me there. Once there, i notice a cave that covers almost half of the town, known as Granite Cave...

I go into Granite Cave, and found a cool-looking Aron(no, not shiny). I ordered Grovyle to use Absorb, bring down Aron's health to about a quarter. I thought This would be a good time to use that Great ball that man gave me. So i did. It shook once, twice, a third time, and stopped. Aron was caught! I decided to nickname him after the Japanese name of Aggron: Bossgodora. I then continued through Granite cave, finding many Makuhita's and Zubats. After a while, i found Steven standing In a room looking at the wall (again, creepy). I stepped closer, and tapped him on the shoulder, which seemed to startle him. "Yes, what is it?" He asked. I handed him the letter. In return he gave me TM Steel Wing! (finally, a not-useless item!). Steven left, and i also left using my escape rope. I healed my pokemon, then headed to Dewford gym. (weird how such a small town has a gym). It was really dark. I battled a few trainers, and soon realized this was a fighting gym. So I decided to use ralts. I fianlly reached Brawly and he engaged me in a battle. Ralts owned all of his pokemon, and after deafeating his final pocket monster, ralts started glowing, and transformed into Kirlia (OMG, RALTS HAD A SEX-CHANGE). I then headed out of the gym and to Slateport to deliver that package...

Here's my team!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
That's pretty nice looking! I love how you added humor in there. I decided to make mine a bit more dramatic for some reason, I guess it just sounds cooler that way. The pictures are a nice touch as well.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
I'm just gonna skip ahead to the battles from now on.
Wayne = Grovyle
Amy = Kirlia
Bossgodora = Aron

VS May

I sent out Wayne. May sent out Wailmer.
Wayne used Absorb. Wailmer fainted.
May sent out Combusken.
Wayne used Quick attack.
Combusken used Focus Energy.
Wayne used Quick Attack.
Combusken used Ember. A critical Hit! Wayne fainted.
I sent out Amy. Amy used Calm Mind.
Combusken used Double Kick.
Amy used Confusion. Combusken fainted.
May sent out Shroomish.
Amy used Confusion.
Shroomish used Mega Drain.
Amy used Confusion. Shroomish fainted

Bossgodora (who is holding the EXp. Share), grew to level 25 and learned Take down!

VS Wattson

I sent out Bossgodora. Wattson sent out Magnemite.
Bossgodora used Mud-Slap. (Oh, so close)
Magnemite used Thunder Wave. Bossgodora is paralyzed!
Magnemite used ThunderShock.
Bossgodora used Mud-Slap Magnemite fainted.
Wattson sent out Voltorb.
Voltorb used Spark.
Bossgodora used Take Down. (Once again, so close)
Voltorb used Selfdestruct. Voltorb fainted. FAIL!
Wattson sent out Magneton.
Magneton used Shock Wave. Bossgodora fainted.
I sent out Amy. Amy used Calm Mind.
Magneton used Thunder Wave.
Amy used Confusion.
Magneton used Shock Wave.
Amy is unable to move.
Magneton used Shock Wave, Amy fainted.

I sent out Zigzagoon (HM slave).
*I used revive on Amy.*
Magneton used Supersonic. Zigzagoon is confused.
*I used super potion on Amy*
Magneton used Shock Wave. Zigzagoon fainted.
I sent out Amy. Amy used Confusion.
Magneton used Shock Wave.
Amy used Confusion, Magneton fainted!
Amy learned Psychic!
*I recieved TM Shock Wave**Taught TM Shock Wave to Amy*

Here's my team:

Spoiler:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Alright, I can only do this on Weekends btw so that's why you haven't seen any of these in a while. Also my dad was replacing my internal battery, which btw my game says is still dead, which makes me very ticked off.

Weavile's Hoenn adventures: part 7(haha, i just uploaded part 7 of my Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough to Youtube today!)

Brendan woke up, ate some Breakfast, and walked off with the Reassurance that everything was right in Wally's Family. He healed up, bought some healing items, and headed back to Mauville, with only two other ways to exit. This time he headed West (I think? toward the water). However, He came to a temporary dead end, since he could not use surf. He was beggining to get frustrated. This time, he headed North. He talked to a young man, who said that he challenged the Winstrate Family, and they destroyed him. 'Sounds like a good Challenge to me', thought Brendan. The first one was easily taken out. The second one was even easier. The third one was about as easy as the first. After that battle, Kirlia learned a move called Psychic. Brendan thought it sounded quite powerful. The fourth trainer was quite angry, because Brendan had made the 3rd one cry. The 4th one would have been quite difficult, if Brendan's Pokemon were not so overly powerful (I only have two on my team at this point, so they are WAY overleveled.) The 4th Winstrate asked if he would stay a while. Brendan Accepted. During his stay, they spoke of their son, who was a very strong trainer, and they said knowing him, he could be the Champion by now. Brendan was quite stunned, but looked foward to battling the 5th Winstrate some time in the hopefully near future. They also gave him a Macho Brace. They asked Brendan to stay longer, but he had to go, there was so much more time in the day to further his career even more. Why waste it? So Brendan left. On the way to his next destination, wherever that may be, he found two trainers who wanted to battle him. Brendan Happily accepted. Brendan won very quickly. "Awesome, Awesome! We two travel around interviewing trainers, and you are one of the best we've seen! Would you give us an Interview?" Brendan nodded his head. "Okay, describe your feelings about our battle, what did you think of it?". Brendan said one word. "Magikarp". "Ooookaayyyy.... I suppose your being Cocky. But, well, I suppose you do have reason to be." Said the interviewer. "You may see this on TV, so keep an eye out." Brendan moved on. Further up the Route, Brendan saw More Team Aqua Grunts. 'What's with these guys? Archie said they wanted to expand the sea...'. Regardless, they wouldn't let him through, so he had to find another way. He saw a cave in the rock that looked like it went straight through to the other side. Brendan went inside the cave, to find it was extremely hot inside. It also smelled quite bad because of all the Grimer and Koffing inside. Directly outside of the cave, he found a kind old woman's house, and asked if he could rest up there. He stayed there for the night.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 8
Brendan woke up and explored the area. He battled a couple of Trainers and made his way to an area where what looked like very thick specks of dust were falling everywhere. After battling a few trainers, he found out it was volcanic ash, because of Mt. Chimney. He found some spotted, wobbly bears, and all of them had different spots. He also heard rumors of a Metal Bird that people were seeing every so often. While on the Route, Kirlia evolved again. It had evolved into an elegant creature known as Gardevoir. Brendan was quite Happy upon seeing it. Also knowing that if Wally kept training, he too would eventually stumble upon Gardevoir's beauty someday... that made Brendan even happier somehow.
Once Brendan got to Fallarbor town, he met Lannete in the pokecenter. She ran the pokemon box system in Hoenn. She asked Brendan to visit her at her house on Route 114. He would be sure to stop by in a little bit. Brendan then met someone who told him that Prof. Cozmo, a very esteemed scientist in the area, had gone off to Route 114 with team Aqua. 'Uh oh... I don't know what they could be up to, but it can't be good... I have to go save Prof Cozmo!'
Brendan ran as fast as he could down the Route. Quickly eliminating all the trainers in his path, he came upon a cave. 'They have to be in here!' Brendan thought. Sure enough, there were the team aqua grunts surrounding a very intelligent looking man wearing a lab coat. Brendan went to confront them, when team Magma showed up and ran em' off. Team Magma appeared to be against team Aqua, and wanted to thwart their Plan at Mt. Chimney. Brendan went to talk to Prof. Cozmo. He was worried about the Meteorite that team Aqua had stolen. Before heading back out, Brendan went through the other side of the cave. He battled the trainers in that area. He then realized he could see Rustboro city from there. However, it would not be easy getting back to Fallarbor if he went there, and he had no reason to go there anyway. So he turned around. Back on Route 114, he paid a visit to Lanette. She gave him a Lotad doll in exchange for not telling anyone about the mess in her house. Brendan left and headed off back to Mt. Chimney, so he could get on that Chairlift. When he got back, the Chairlift was unblocked. Unfortunately, it meant that Team Aqua had already finished up there, or they were in the process of doing whatever exactly they were doing. Brendan had no time to waste. Everyone in team Magma were battling someone from team Aqua, in Maxie's Case, three team Aqua Grunts. Brendan tore through a team Aqua Grunt, a Team Aqua executive, and then came face to face with Archie. He really thought he was doing something good... He didn't consider the vast consequences. Archie was nothing compared to Brendan. After defeating Archie, Brendan took the meteorite. 'This should go to Prof. Cozmo. I'll hang on to it until I find him again. Brendan took the Jagged Pass down. He though that maybe it would get him to the other side of that cliff. It was actually a fairly difficult trip down, thanks to one trainer that had two Baltoy. However, he made it down, and there he was, on the other side of the cliff. Lavaridge was just a short distance away. There wasn't much to see, besides an Herb shop, and the gym. Brendan headed for the gym. It was very hot and steamy. Though he could've guessed by the name of the town, he now knew for sure, it was a fire type gym. The gym was quite easy, even with nothing that can do a ton of damage to fire types.
-obtained the Heat Badge
As soon as he exited the gym, he met May. She did not look for a battle this time, but rather gave him some Go-Goggles. Brendan decided to camp out in Lavaridge that night. He decided that he would pay his dad a visit in the morning.

Weavile's Hoenn Adventures: Part 9
Brendan woke up and decided to head back into Mauville for a little bit. He would check out the Desert Later, then go see his Dad. In Mauville, he went to the Game Corner, and, unfortunately, still couldn't buy enough coins to get TM 35 Flamethrower.
Next he went to check out the Desert with his new Go-Goggles. Nothin' Special about it except for the fossils, but Brendan was uninterested in them. (Dang Baltoys are causing me problems!).
Next, Brendan headed Toward Petalburg city. On the way, he stopped by Verdanturf town... to find that Wally had gone away... the Happy scene that had been there before was now filled with worry, and sadness... However his family knew that he would be alright, and maybe he would even return someday. The last element of the Hapiness remained... hope. Brendan would've loved to stay, but he had to get going back to Petalburg.
It was an easy trip back for Brendan. Would've been quite annoying if not for Repels. Brendan headed straight for the gym upon his arrival. His Dad was not in the Room, the doors were open, and that dude stalking Brendan and giving him advice was there. Brendan knew it... his dad was ready for him. The basis of the gym was that every room contained a trainer that specialized in a certain Stat. The gym itself was quite easy for Brendan. After the third trainer, brendan went through the door. There, lying in wait, was Brendan's dad. The Normal type Trainer stared at Brendan with a look both friendly, and menacing at the same time. "I'm so happy to have a battle with my own son! At Last!", Norman said. So the Battle commenced. Brendan won. It was easy, but without the Bulk Up strategy that was used by Brendan, it probably would not have been possible. "I...I...I can't believe I lost to my own son... but here, take the Balance Badge and TM 42 Facade. Oh, and by the way, Wally's Parents have something for you. Go see them.", Said Norman, Brendan's Dad. Brendan visited Wally's Parents and they gave him HM03 Surf. Wally's Dad didn't seem aware that Wally had dissapeared, however, his Wife knew, and was withholding it from him. She knew he wouldn't be able to handle it. She was also sure that he would come home safe and sound one day... she had hope as well. 'If Wally is out and about, maybe I'll run into him someday...' Brendan thought.
Brendan decided to try out his new Surf Technique in the pond in Petalburg. He found a Rare Candy, which he immediately gave to Combusken, who evolved into Blaziken on the spot.
Next he headed back to Mauville. Since he can now surf, he can get through that one area to the East(?) of it. Immeadiately after crossing the water, he ran into the News couple agian. Brendan Urgently rushed into battle against them. He quickly beat them, yet again. All he had to comment on the battle was, "Go Home". Brendan headed off toward his Next destination. On the way, he battled fisherman Barney (lol). Then he came up against Steven. 'Hey! It's that dude from Granite Cave! What's he doing here?'. After a quick Conversation, Steven was walking away...
Something else interesting to note was the Mimic Circle... a quite interesting patch of Grass that was. Slightly further up the Route was where Brendan set up camp for the night.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
During my absence I've been playing Sapphire. I'm currently a fair ways through the game, clearing up the last few water routes near Pacifidlog Town before I take on Team Aqua in the Seafloor Cavern. Just thought I'd share that.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile's Hoenn Adventures, Part 10
Brendan woke up and battled a few trainers. He found a place that was called the weather institute. It was inhabited by... Guess Who?! Team Aqua! Brendan suddenly became very alert and angry. 'Those Jerks just don't know WHEN to give up! I'll teach them a lesson they'll never be able to eradicate from their minds! Don't Mess With Hoenn While I'M Around!' Brendan rushed into the building, obliterating the Team Aqua Grunts where they stood. One of the Grunts said they appeared wherever anything rare was found... what could possibly be here....? After defeating the Admin, an act that Brendan found much joy in doing, he recieved a Castform. 'Hmmm... probably not something I'll use... but I'll hang on to it just in case.' Brendan thought. He nodded his head in Thanks, then moved on. He had many places to be, after all...
... Just outside, Brendan ran into May. May eagerly egged Brendan into a battle. When Brendan won, May gave him HM02 Fly. Unfortunately, he couldn't use it because he had to fight Winona for the gym badge first. 'Ah Well' Thought Brendan. 'Surely she will be no problem at all.'...
...Upon arriving in Fortree city, Brendan found that the Gym was blocked off, by an invisible being... 'Probably just one of those camoflauging pokemon... what are they called now...?' Regardless, it would not battle Brendan, nor would it budge at all. Brendan would come back to it later, in the meantime he went to Route 120. On the way he got TM10 Hidden Power...
..Out on the Route, Brendan found the news couple again. They were owned, as usual...
Further down the route, on a bridge, Brendan found Steven. Steven asked if Brendan's Pokemon were battle ready, and used something called a Devon Scope. Suddenly, a Kecleon appeared out of nowhere and immediately attacked Brendan. 'Hmmm... I wonder if that's what's in front of the gym...' The Kecleon was taken down in one hit (er... technically 2, since the move was double kick...)...
Steven gave Brendan the Devon Scope in case there were other Kecleon around. "Let's meet again somewhere" Steven said. He then flew off. Brendan headed straight back to the gym...
...Brendan used the Devon Scope on the Kecleon in front of the gym, and it fled. At last, Brendan entered the Gym....
...According to the Gym stalker guy, the gym was flying type. 'Sounds like I get to use Gardevoir's Shock Wave alot here...' Brendan thought. After Blazing through the Gym trainers, he finally reached the Gym leader, Winona...
...She did not give Brendan much trouble. The only pokemon that didn't go down in one hit was Altaria, who managed to get a very inneffective earthquake off. Swellow was also fast enough to get off an aerial ace before Gardevoir even attacked. Winona gave Brendan TM40 Aerial Ace and the Feather Badge as a reward. Brendan taught it to Blaziken Immediately, then set out to find a flying type pokemon so he could fly with it. He finally found one, after a while. First, he flew back to Mauville and saw Wattson. He asked if Brendan could go shut down a Generator in New Mauville. Brendan did so, and got TM Thunderbolt as his reward. After this, Brendan looked at his Pokegear and saw that he could rematch some trainers that he had previously fought. He fought these trainers, flew back to Fortree, and stayed there for the night.

Years
Hi all
I'm going to play emerald, from the start
I've completed saphire, caught almost all possible pokémon.
Now I'm going to start with emerald. I'll try to update my adventures here regulary with screenshots.

My english isn't that great, but I think and hope you'll understand me :)

grzt

Tim

My first adventures:
This morning I arrived at my new house in Littleroot town. I settled myself and went to the neighbours. I met May for the first time. Later on, I helped Professor Birch out and he gave me my first pokémon. A Treecko, I named it "Ian". He did very well in our first real trainerbattle ^^
We arrived at rustboro. We went straight to the gym but saw that we needed more training first. So we went back to the forest to work really hard. After defeating a Wurmple, Ian evolved.
Then we decided to go back to the gym and take on those trainers. They weren't hard at all, Ian's absorb was just great. Then after defeating all those trainers the path to Roxanne was wide open.
The Geodudes she has were pretty easy. 'Till she chose for her Nosepass.
After a great battle Ian came out as the winner!
Now we're moving forward, ready to help the Devon corporation.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile's Hoenn adventures Part 11
Brendan woke up and finally headed west of Fortree (to the route where the newspeople were). It began to rain suddenly. Brendan was not to fond of this, since one of his best pokemon was a fire type... However, he would deal with it. Further down the Route, after it stopped raining, Brendan saw team Aqua again... 'Hmm... what are they up to this time? They said something about Mt. Pyre... perhaps I should ask around the area about it.'
...Out in Lilycove, Brendan found out that Mt. Pyre was the location of a pokemon graveyard. 'Hmm... What could Team Aqua possibly want with a Pokemon Graveyard...?'...
...Brendan went back in the Direction where Team Aqua went. Whatever they were after up there, it certainly couldn't be good. Before he left Lilycove though, he found May. She got all determined and challenged Him to a battle. 'Ah well, she can't be that tough.' She wasn't....
...Now Brendan needed to hurry off to Mt. Pyre. He quickly hurried off in the direction team Aqua went. He came across a tall and ominous structure. 'This must be Mt. Pyre...' Brendan quickly hurried up to the top...
...At the Summit, he fought some Team Aqua Grunts, then found Archie yet again. This time they were after something known as the Red Orb. Brendan knew not what is was capable of, or why Team Aqua wanted it... but it was Team Aqua, so it couldn't be good....
... The old couple who Archie stole the Orb from was worried, for the Blue and Red orbs could never be seperated. They gave Brendan the Blue orb, since he was in pursuit of Archie...
...Archie said that he was going to Slateport next, so Brendan flew there. After healing up, he went straight to Cpt. Stern, because a large calamity was going on there...
...The news couple was there, interviewing Cpt. Stern. He had finished his Submarine... 'Oh NO! That must be what Team Aqua was after!' Sure enough, there they were, preparing to sail off with the Submarine... Brendan had to stop them... but he was too late, the were on there way to their hideout in Lilycove city... Brendan flew there immediately. He saw a peculiar cave in the cove there, and sure enough, it looked like some sort of secret base... Brendan had no time to lose, he had to get that Red orb back, and the submarine before it was too late...
...Something was weird with the Aqua Grunts though... it's like they were expecting him...
...After navigating the Warp Panels, he made it to the executive... He easily KOed the Executive, but he was too late anyway... Archie was already pulling out to that cave under the sea that Cpt. Stern Mentioned... 'Hmmm.... I can still catch him but I'm gonna need to be able to go under the sea... I don't have any HMs for that right now... guess I'll have to go fight another gym.'..
...However, Brendan had one last thing to do first. He had to find a Master Ball that one of the Grunts mentioned...
...It wasn't that hard to find. Before Brendan headed out to Mosdeep across the sea, he made a stop in the Mauville Game Corner, hoping to buy a TM or two. He was finally able to buy the TM for Flamethrower...
Next, he stopped at Dewford, to check out the Sunken Ship that wasn't too far away. He found a TM for Ice Beam while he was there. Brendan decided to rest awhile on the Ship before going after Team Aqua. He was going to need to be at his best when he went after Archie again.

Spr_3e_257.gif

Blaziken lvl: 45
Blaze Kick
Double Kick
Aerial Ace
Slash
(Almost Complete)

Spr_3e_282.gif

Gardevior lvl: 45
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Calm Mind
(Almost Complete)

Weavile's Hoenn Adventure's Part 12
Brendan woke up and left the Abandoned ship. He flew to Lilycove, it was time to chase Team Aqua. He surfed off to Route 124, which was made up entirely of the Ocean. After a short time, he arrived in Mossdeep. According to his Pokegear, there was a gym here he needed to beat in order to go underwater. He found Steven's House here, who gave him HM08 Dive... exactly what Brendan needed. Now all he had to do was beat the gym. He walked in, and according to the Gym Stalker, not only was the gym Psychic type... there were TWO Gym Leaders! That could mean trouble... he may come up against his worst fear... Baltoys. He had almost nothing that could do all that much to a Baltoy. Then he remembered that Gardevoir knew Shadow Ball, and Blaziken had Aerial Ace and Slash, which could do just fine damage. After sweeping through the Gym trainers, there were the Gym Leaders, lying in wait...
...It was one of the Hardest Battles that Brendan had ever fought. Two Psychic/Rock types were quite hard for a Blaziken And a Gardevoir to take out. In fact, Blaziken was KOed before it was able to KO anything!...
...Brendan left the gym and went to go catch a pokemon that could learn Dive. He found it in the form of Spheal. Then he headed down in the direction of Team Aqua. On the way he stopped at Sootopolis when he heard rumors of a VERY powerful TM that someone had developed in the area. Sootopolis was a very beautiful and aquatic city. But Brendan was here strictly on business. After recieving this TM31 Brick Break, he taught it to Blaziken and went back out towards Team Aqua's Location. On the way out, he found a Chinchou. Something about it just... drew him in. He caught immediately and taught it Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Rest. NOW he finally set out to defeat Team Aqua...
...Brendan fed his Chinchou a Rare Candy and it immediately evolved into a Lanturn! It was a quite happy moment for Brendan, because all of his current team was now fully evolved once again...
...It was quite obvious which cave Team Aqua was in by the fact that there was a Giant Submarine sitting there underwater. Brendan entered the cave and battled the Aqua Grunts with his new Lanturn. Then he met the same Admin from the Weather Institute again. Brendan took Great pleasure in taking her down...
...Rushing further into the cave, Brendan saw what looked like a stone statue of an ancient fish pokemon... Archie then decided to show his face again. He told Brendan that the "Statue" was actually a sleeping Kyogre. Archie then challenged Brendan to a battle...
...Although Lanturn was just getting beat up for most of the fight, Archie wasn't very hard to fight....
...Archie's Red Orb suddenly began shining... it appeared to enrage Kyogre! The ancient Weather Pokemon fled to the outside of the cave. According to Archie's cohorts outside, it was raining VERY Heavily, far more than was expected! All of Hoenn, no, the world was in Danger of being flooded! Just then, Maxie showed up. He explained the Dangers of Archie's actions, and Archie acted very surprised... it was then Brendan knew for sure... Archie did not intend to cause this much peril. He was not truly evil...
...They escaped the cave together, and it was then Archie realized the full danger of his actions. He and Archie set out to attempt to stop the impending danger. It was then that Steven appeared. He was panicing. He also noted that the huge rain cloud is spreading from above Sootopolis... 'so that must be... where Kyogre is! Maybe... if I can somehow tame Kyogre... this epidemic will stop!' Brendan and Steven both flew off to Sootopolis. There, Steven introduced Brendan to his friend, Wallace, who also happened to be the Gym leader of Sootopolis. He had also been in charge of the Cave of Origin, where apparently the cause of the torrential Storm lay in wait. Once Wallace saw Brendan's Blue Orb, he knew, Brendan was the only one who could stop the Madness and tame Kyogre. He guided Brendan to the Cave of Origin, which Brendan quickly entered and descended. The whole way down, small but frequent Earthquakes ensued. Finally, at the bottom, there was Kyogre. As soon as Brendan stepped near Kyogre, his Blue Orb suddenly began to glow. Kyogre began to draw closer...
...An Epic battle began, a battle on which all of Hoenn depended on Brendan to win. Brendan knew he would be quite Lucky just to leave the cave alive. But after a long struggle, Brendan had successfully KOed Kyogre (I already have two in Platinum and One in SoulSilver so I chose to KO it rather than catch it. Lanturn needed the Exp anyway) Hoenn was saved. Brendan had saved the world...
...Outside, Sootopolis had returned to it's former, beautiful self. Now that the world was safe again, it was time for Brendan to resume his journy as a trainer. So he went straight to the gym. Steven was in front of it. He gave Brendan his and Wallace's thanks. He then flew off. He was a trainer too, after all...
...Brendan entered the Gym. He thought that by the design of the floor, this would be an Ice type gym. But in fact, it was actually water type. According to the Gym Stalker anyway. Turns out, all of the Gym trainers were below the ice. So Brendan purposely fell through so he could battle them...
...After battling all the Trainers in the Water Gym, he solved the Ice puzzle and stared face to face with Wallace...Show Me! Show me the power you weild with your Pokemon!...
...Wallace wasn't too difficult. Lanturn got KOed during the fight, but was revived and ended up winning in the end. Even when Milotic got Freeze Hax...
-Got the Rain Badge!
-Got TM03 Water Pulse
...That was it. All the Gym Badges were recieved. All that was left was the Pokemon League... But Brendan had something to do first...
...He flew to Fallarbor. It was rumored that a very strong species of Pokemon existed all the way in the back of Meteor Falls. Brendan intended to catch that species. When he finally made it to the back of the cave, it took quite a while to find a Bagon, that rare species, but he would not give up. After many Golbats and the occasional Lunatone, he finally found a Bagon. Brendan caught it in an Ultra Ball. Immediately after feeding it a Rare Candy, it evolved into a Shelgon. Then he taught it Dragon Claw and Flamethrower. Now it was time to get out of that cave. Brendan flew to Slateport (nickname rater) then to Mauville. There, Brendan bought TM24 Thunderbolt from the Game Corner, taught it to Gardevoir, and went to rest. Team Aqua was gone... 8 Gym Badges had been Collected... and Brendan's team was nearly complete... Brendan was happy... but something was nagging at him still... what could it be? Wally perhaps? He still hadn't turned up...

Spr_3e_257.gif

Blaziken lvl47
Blaze Kick
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Slash
(Complete!)

Spr_3e_282.gif

Gardevoir lvl 46
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
(Complete!)

Spr_3e_171.gif

Lanturn lvl 38
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rest
(Complete!)

Spr_3e_372.gif

Shelgon lvl 38
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Headbutt
Focus Energy
(In training)

Last edited:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
Sorry i haven't been posting my adventure lately, guys. I've had so much spare time on my hands , and i've been playing so much i couldn't keep track of my team.

So... Here was my team when i beat the elite 4:

Spoiler:

I recently found my Sapphire version after being lost for nearly seven years! Expect me to be posting that here too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2010
I've just arrived in Cerulean City in LeafGreen. I'm not planning to challenge Misty until my Magikarp evolves and raise the rest of my Pokemon to level 20. I'm training on the route before Cerulean City. Route 4 is what I think it is called; it's the route at which you can get Ekans or Sandshrew, depending on your version. My team is Magikarp Lv. 16, Spearow Lv. 15, Butterfree Lv. 15, Pikachu Lv. 16, Nidorino Lv. 17, and Ivysaur lv. 18. I was thinking of changing my team though.But, naah~ ;3

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile05's Hoenn Adventures: Final Part
Brendan woke up, then immediately became energetic and excited. Today was the day that he would become the new Champion of Hoenn... it was finally time...
...Brendan Surfed down to the immense final test that was Victory Road. He rushed into the dark abyss of the cave and battled all the trainers, owning them all with his incredible pokemon...
...Something that one of the Trainers said to him just about made Brendan's heart stop. Before Brendan battled him, he said he had heard that a tough young trainer was around, and wondered if they meant Brendan. After the battle, he said that the Rumor was, the tough little kid was from Petalburg city. 'Petalburg city? Does this mean that... HE is here?'...
...At the end of the long and arduous path known as victory road, Brendan's suspicions were confirmed to be true...
..."Hey Brendan! Surprised to see me?", Wally said. Yes, that very same Wally who Brendan had assisted in catching his first pokemon. And now Wally was challenging Brendan to battle. Brendan eagerly accepted, wanting to see how much stronger Wally had become...
...Brendan won the battle, but it was actually somewhat difficult for him. Even so, Brendan was extremely Grateful for the battle, for his Shelgon evolved into Salamence afterwards...
...Brendan was glad Wally was OK now, but he had some business to take care of...
...Finally, at the pokemon League, Brendan healed up, stocked up, and wasted no time showing the guards his Gym Badges...
...First, he walked into the room of Sydney, the Dark type Trainer. Brendan won easily...
...Next, he walked into the room of Phoebe, the Ghost type Trainer. Brendan won with relative ease...
...Next, he walked into the room of Glacia, the Ice type Trainer. Brendan won easily...
...Next, he walked into the room of Drake, the Dragon type trainer. Brendan won somewhat easily...
...Finally, he walked up the steps to the room of the Champion. Brendan wondered if he was ready. He wondered who the Champion could be. He wondered if his pokemon were too tired. He looked at his team. The determined looks in their eyes answered the first and last of those questions. Brendan and his pokemon were ready for the toughest battle of their lives. He walked into the room...
...The sight of the Champion's Identity literally stopped Brendan in his tracks. It was Steven Stone! Brendan had to be careful not to get too careless in the battle, since he knew Steven after all...
...A very long, challenging, and close battle ensued. But in the end, Brendan managed to pull through, with Lanturn taking out his last pokemon, Claydol, and his First pokemon, Skarmory...
...Just as Steven was about to take Brendan to the Back Room, May came in. She was there to give Brendan some advice on defeating the Champion. 'Sheesh, I already did that you stupid girl!' Then Prof. Birch came in to congratulate Brendan on a battle well fought. Finally, it was time for Brendan to register his team in the hall of Fame. His journey as a Trainer was over. The adventure however, would never end, for Brendan was the new Champion of Hoenn. He had to defend his title....

Hall of Fame
150px-257Blaziken.png

Blaziken lvl 53
Blaze Kick
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Slash

180px-282Gardevoir.png

Gardevoir lvl 51
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

195px-171Lanturn.png

Lanturn lvl 52
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rest

240px-373Salamence.png

Salamence lvl 52
Fly
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Posting this was quite fun. I will probably do this again for Firered if I get it for christmas.

Last edited:
Years
Introduction
I just restarted my Emerald which I haven't played for a long while. :)
My character's name is TOAD and my starter is Mudkip.

TOAD's Emerald Journal
After going through the storyline at the beginning, I went out to catch a few Pokemon and did some training.
This was party after that:
Mudkip Lv 8 Brave
Wingull Lv 6 Quiet
Seedot Lv 5 Quiet
Poochyena Lv 5 Impish
Zigzagoon Lv 3 Rash
Lotad Lv 4 [Placed in Box]

I'm now looking around for a Taillow and getting to Petalburg. More updated tomorrow! :)

Years
TOAD's Emerald Journal
Still looking for a Ralts or a Taillow. Trained my Pokemon abit.
Mudkip Lv 11
Wingull Lv 8
Poochyena Lv 7
Zigzagoon Lv 9
Seedot Lv 8

Will update when more things happen in the game. :/

Years
Toad's Emerald Journal
Finally reached Petalburg and went through the storyline of Wally. After that, I caught a Marill and a Taillow, the latter was kept in my team whereas the Aqua Mouse went to PC. Battled some people and finally arrived at Rustboro. After going through some pre-gym training, I challenged Roxanne and my Wingull and Mudkip eroded the Rock typed gym with our Water Guns. After earning our 1st badge fair and square, we helped get back the Devon goods and Mr Briney's Peeko. Our team taught the Aqua grunt a good lesson, hopefully he stops stealing. Then the Devon president rewarded me with a Pokenav and I immediately registered as many trainers as he could and at the same time, caught a Nincada. Battled May and since she had only 2 Pokemon, I won easily. Obtained the Letter for Steven and sailed to Dewford. I explored Granite Cave and received HM Flash form the Hiker. I caught a Makuhita and an Aron, the latter remained in the party. We decided to challenge the gym and after a few battles, Seedot evolved into a Nuzleaf. Once Wingull learned Wing Attack, our team was ready to go. Down went Brawly's Machop and Meditite, but his Makuhita was a bit of a hassle. After a few Wing Attacks, it couldn't take it and Brawly gave us his badge and TM Bulk Up. After the battle, Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp! It was now much stronger than before and with it's Mud Shot, it was invincible! I taught the Nincada Flash and lighted up the dark Granite Cave. My player then met up with Steven and was rewarded TM Steel Wing. I went out of Granite Cave and deposited Nincada into the PC Box and sailed to Slateport. There I defeated all the trainers on the beach and in the house. I healed my Pokemon before giving the goods to Capt. Stern but before I could do that, 2 Aqua grunts challenged me but they were overpowered swiftly. Their boss, Archie came and warned mew before leaving. After finishing my errand to Capt. Stern, I went up the routes and caught myself an Electrike, Minun and Gulpin. At that point, I decided to leave my Poochyena and Nuzleaf for a while in the PC and Gulpin stayed on in my party. Gulpin leveled up several times until it learned Sludge. I then battled with May. Her Wingull was more powerful than before and took a while to faint it but eventually did with a critical hit. Her Slugma was KO'ed by Aron's Mud Slap and Grovyle took the powers of Taillow and Gulpin to knock it out. After winning May, she gave me an ItemFinder and used it to find some handy items. Venturing forward up the route to our next gym, our team overthrew every Trainer along the way. This was our team before we rested for the day.
Marshtomp Lv 18 Moves: Tackle, Bide, Mud Shot, Water Gun.
Taillow Lv 17 Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Focus Energy, Quick Attack.
Wingull Lv 17 Moves: Water Gun, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Growl.
Gulpin Lv 16 Moves: Pound, Yawn, Amnesia, Sludge.
Zigzagoon Lv 14 Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Cut, Headbutt.
Aron Lv 16 Moves: Tackle, Headbutt, Metal Claw, Mud Slap.

Years
Hmm...seems like no one has been posting in this thread for quite some time. Has everyone finished their game already? It's quite lonely without anyone commenting on my story or for that matter, someone else's story. :( Anyways, be it no reader or not, on with the story!
P.S. If you read the word 'we', it's not an error. It's my way of meaning that the Trainer and his Pokemon are together in the whole adventure and story. :)
Toad's Emerald Journal
I finally arrived at Mauville city where I had heard my next gym was. I received an Acro Bike from Rydel and registered it for convenience. After some serious thinking, I left my Wingull in the PC and withdrew the Electrike that I caught on the way to Mauville. I trained it til it learned some nice moves and decided to challenge the gym. I found out that my Aron and Marshtomp had an upper hand on the Electric-typed gym. We owned all the trainers with ease and healed everyone before talking to....an old man? You mean...he's the leader??? What the.....never mind, on with the battle! Hah, his Voltorb was a pushover, it committed suicide with Selfdestruct which was not-effective on my Aron and Electrike was defeated my Aron's Mud Slap! Next, Magneton faced Marshtomp and was fainted by 2 Mud Shots. Manectric would've won if it didn't slip a lousy attack. It was down and out by the 3rd turn. The Dynamo badge was handed over to me and so was TM Shock Wave. I decided to keep it til my Electrike became a Manectric. After that, I visited Verdanturf Town and looked around. Back at Mauville, I obtained HM Rock Smash. I taught it to Zigzagoon, my HM slave. Just when I least expected it, my GBA ran out of battery so here I am posting my journal, waiting for my GBA to be fully charged.
Oh! I forgot to post my team. Here it is! XD
259.png

Marshtomp ♂ Lv 22
Brave Nature
Moves: Tackle, Foresight, Mud Shot, Water Gun.
276.png

Taillow ♂ Lv 21
Jolly Nature
Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Focus Energy, Quick Attack.
316.png

Gulpin ♂ Lv 19
Modest Nature
Moves: Pound, Yawn, Sludge, Amnesia.
304.png

Aron ♂ Lv 21
Calm Nature
Moves: Mud Slap, Headbutt, Iron Defense, Metal Claw.
263.png

Zigzagoon ♂ Lv 15
Rash Nature
Moves: Tackle, Rock Smash, Cut, Headbutt.
309.png

Electrike ♂ Lv 20
Rash Nature
Moves: Tackle, Spark, Quick Attack, Howl.

FroggyKisses

{♥}
Years
I've just arrived in Cerulean City in LeafGreen. I'm not planning to challenge Misty until my Magikarp evolves and raise the rest of my Pokemon to level 20. I'm training on the route before Cerulean City. Route 4 is what I think it is called; it's the route at which you can get Ekans or Sandshrew, dependign on your version. My team is Magikarp Lv. 16, Spearow Lv. 15, Butterfree Lv. 15, Pikachu Lv. 16, Nidorino Lv. 17, and Ivysaur lv. 18. I was thinking of changing my team though.

Years
@FroggyKisses
Good Luck on your Gyarados! My sis plays LG too and I used to play that before giving it to her.

Toad's Emerald Journal
Continuing from where I saved, I smashed a rugged rock and journeyed northbound towards Lavaridge where my dad said was my next gym. I reached a mountainous area with a cable car service but the road was blocked by 2 red-hooded figures. So I took a detour through the Fiery Path where I caught 3 new Fire-type Pokemon: Numel, Slugma and Torkoal all at Level 15. Finally out of that steamy stinkhole, I picked some berries and battled 3 trainers before meeting a boy who gave me TM Secret Power to make my Secret Bases. I taught the move to my Zigzagoon and rested in an old lady's house. After much needed rest, I walked and walked until I started seeing ashes falling around me. The ground and grass were covered in soot and in them, lived bears that had unusual spiral spots on their bodies and walked in a teeter-totter manner. I caught one of them, also known as a Spinda and another Pokemon, referred by the Pokedex as the Armor Bird pokemon. I saw a house and quickly went inside. In there, a man gave me a Soot Sack to collect ashes and make them into flutes. I went outside and after a long while, finally gathered enough soot to make a Yellow Flute. Moving on, I arrived at Fallabor Town and stocked up on supplies such as balls, potions, status-healers and revives. I talk to a lady in the Pokemon Center who introduced herself as Lanette. She was the creator of the PC Storage System and told me to met her at her house at route 114. I heard from the residents of Fallabor, that a Prof. Cosmo was abducted by an evil Team Magma. Wasting no time, I ran to the designated area. I battled some fishermen which all had weird muddy-looking fishes, I made a mental note to come back to this fishing spot once I'd gotten a Good Rod. I also obtained TM Roar from a gentleman. Just around Lanette's house was a grassy patch. It was a good thing I had bought more PokeBalls as I caught a few Pokemon, 2 of them were very attractive and I considered them rare. The Pokemon caught:
Spr_3e_333.gif
Swablu♂ Lv 16 Adamant Nature
Spr_3e_336.gif
Seviper♂ Lv 16 Lonely Nature
Spr_3e_271.gif
Lombre♂ Lv 16 (Caught just for Pokedex purposes)

I battled the trainers in the vicinity and ventured into the caves of Meteor Falls.

Last edited:
Years
Let's see...

On Emerald I did a bunch of rematches, and trained up a lot of my team.
Battled Gabby and Ty a couple of times and gave them interviews :D
Sorted out Team Aqua at their Hideout and got a Masterball :D
My next task is to head to Mossdeep City but I seriously can't stand Tate & Liza cause it always takes me ages to beat them lol, so I'm gonna stick around Lilycove and do some contests :D

That's all for now... more later :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back