• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Kernel.pbChooseItem is stuck on the Key items (8?) no matter what number I give it.

Years
Ever since Windows forced me to update my computer my game's been all kind of messed up. A map got corrupted, (though I was able to copy&paste it and I think I deleted whatever made it corrupted in the first place?) I had to redo events and now this. Unlike those other things I can't solve this problem by myself because I don't understand how this is even a problem in the first place.

Basically I had Kernel.pbChooseItem(5) so the berry bag would open up but it took me to Key Items and it wouldn't let me go to the desired bag. So I deleted the (5) but I got the same problem. This happens no matter what number I put in.

I don't really know what other info I can give.

Edit: There is this one thing I forgot to mention: This is one of the V.17 versions... 17.13? I can't remember and I don't know how to check. I've changed things so much that updating it will just destroy those things. (Editing/adding scripts, files under PBS, etc.) I don't know how that would be relevant to this problem though.

Edit again: I realized I may have posted this in the wrong area. I'm sorry if I did.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Ever since Windows forced me to update my computer my game's been all kind of messed up. A map got corrupted, (though I was able to copy&paste it and I think I deleted whatever made it corrupted in the first place?) I had to redo events and now this. Unlike those other things I can't solve this problem by myself because I don't understand how this is even a problem in the first place.

Basically I had Kernel.pbChooseItem(5) so the berry bag would open up but it took me to Key Items and it wouldn't let me go to the desired bag. So I deleted the (5) but I got the same problem. This happens no matter what number I put in.

This is because the first argument of pbChooseItem isn't the page number ^^
From what I understand from reading the code, this argument "5" is the number of the game variable that will store the chosen item.
I don't see a function to load a specific bag page. You can use this in an Event page:
Code:
$PokemonBag.lastpocket = X # Where X is the number of the ite page that you want.
Kernel.pbChooseItem(1152) # Stores the chosen item in variable 1152
I haven't tested it though.

Edit: There is this one thing I forgot to mention: This is one of the V.17 versions... 17.13? I can't remember and I don't know how to check. I've changed things so much that updating it will just destroy those things. (Editing/adding scripts, files under PBS, etc.) I don't know how that would be relevant to this problem though.

Edit again: I realized I may have posted this in the wrong area. I'm sorry if I did.
I don't think it's the wrong area (maybe a better place would be the "Pokemon Essentials" subforum but here should be ok).

The version information is super important to mention because basically, half of the functions from v16 disappeared or were rewritten in v17, and half of the functions of v17 disappeared or were rewritten in v18. (For example, "Kernel" doesn't exist anymore in v18)

Back