• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Favorite Opening Titles

Years
Ever see an intro to a television program that really pulls you in? It could be the images you see and how they were edited together, the music used for the theme song, something original about the way the font and style of the credits looked etc.

What are some opening sequences that you really like?

There was a cancelled HBO series from the early 2000s called Carnivale. A lot of folks won't know it, but it had one of the best openings I have seen. The story is set during the Great Depression and utilized lots of historical footage to establish the setting, and also intercuts with iconography and great works of art. The show has this theme of dualism, light and dark, and the supernatural, so there's rennaisance angels, shots of tarot cards blowing in the wind. I think it's really cool, something I have never seen anything similar to before, just like the show itself was very unconventional.

Now you know one of my favorites. Tell me yours?

Years
Something that gets in my head a lot more than it should is Season 3's intro for Happy Days. I don't even particularly like the show much anymore, but man the surfer rock vibes in the intro song is just too good to pass up, it's such an earworm!

Back