• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I've got a treat, everyone! At last, userbars!
Feel free to put these in your sig, hopefully they'll draw attention to the club. Thanks to TheShinyEevee for telling me to use Paint.NET!

Ajn74X

URL: http://bit.ly/Ajn74X

The first one. Length went a little awry here, I'm too lazy to fix it.

wnr1Cw

URL: http://bit.ly/wnr1Cw

w3RGep

URL: http://bit.ly/w3RGep

The third one, and my favorite.

zuECeg

URL: http://bit.ly/zuECeg

Made especially for TheShinyEevee.

wuTXgv

URL: http://bit.ly/wuTXgv

The last one. Porygon FTW!

Hope you like them, and if anyone wants one with a custom Pokémon/color, VM me, and I'll see what we can do. (not all sprites fit into the bar)
-----
EDIT: 316 Snivy. I decided my Sinnoh quest is not just legends, but every SRable Pokemon. Meaning that Eevee's back on! Also, while Valentine's day didn't give me any luck, *looks jealously at TheShinyEevee and her shiny Riolu* I'm starting to think my shiny holiday will be Family day, a bank holiday on the 3rd Monday in February that is unknown to many Americans, (TSE will know about it) but I think it may be the day Snivy finally shows.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I just want to share a bit of shiny news. My sister now has a shiny Staravia! She was going to chain it, but actually found it before the chain started! Of all shiny Pokemon my sister and I have, we now have one legitimate 1 in 8000 chance shiny! Her Staravia in Diamond and my Tangela in Crystal. Yay!

Years
Thank you for accepting me! :)
This is just a quick update
For now I think I will drop out of the eevee race, as I have a new target in what I hope to be a heartgold shiny quest- abra!
I don't usually count SRs, but if I had to guess I would say around 1,000. This is my second day so I'm hoping my 2-day luck will kick in...but I seriosly doubt it. Can't wait for my pale little fox to appear!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
So far no luck hatched about 70 eeve eggs :( but i have high hopes for it :) i really want a shiny jolteon

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Just over 1300 eggs for Charmander =/
Thanks ShinySeacher01 for the styling new banner and good luck on that shiny quest i want to partake on a quest like that some day
Welcome to the Club GolurkisdaBomb
hoping I get charmander soon so I can move onto Axew, oh btw I figured out where I am going to hunt next Mistralton Cave
good luck to everyone on there respective hunts
(sorry for the short post just got ungrounded still trying to catch up with everything)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Wow, there has been an explosion in activity.

Welcome all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

Happy belated birthday, Epic-Latios-Fan!

*slips on the luck that was spilt from the luck buckets*

My streak of bad luck is over!!! My first Masuda Method Shiny!!! I'm shocked I won the race. I had an 8 month drought. With a shiny Eevee I can finally get a shiny Umbreon, my favorite shiny. :)

Spoiler:

I got it on egg number 86. I got it before I got one with a Careful nature, which I was hatching for. Later on, 3 out of the last 4 had a Careful nature after hatching none before that. It has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack. I've hatched about 4,800 eggs using the Masuda Method.

Litwick: 2,726
Eevee: 97 (no. 86 was shiny)

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
316 Snivy.
17 Eevee. (I actually have more that were not counted, but I stopped and just picked it up again last night.)

Before I say anything else, note about the userbars: for them to work, you must click the URL's, right-click the image, click ''open image in new tab'', and then use that link. I don't think Arceus Whisper did this, (no wonder, I didn't tell him to) hence the glitchy box.

My streak of bad luck is over!!! My first Masuda Method Shiny!!! I'm shocked I won the race. I had an 8 month drought. With a shiny Eevee I can finally get a shiny Umbreon, my favorite shiny.

Congrats! I'm still going for it to complete my Sinnoh SRing quest, but it looks like the race is over.

And that Litwick hunt: if you were REing, I would be thinking about giving up. If you were MMing, I'd have torn my hair out by now.

Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee
Precisely.
(Well, see, when you spill a bucket of luck something strange and very rare called "Valentine's Day" happens. Everyone starts running around in a romance frenzy, but it's a great day for hunting. Strangely, dropping buckets of luck only seems to occur on 14th of February. Too bad D: )

See, G-Money, your big posts of humour mean I want to quote it all. Look at my big post now! XD
Ah, okay. That explains it! Our Valentine's Day gave us a "love" of shinies!
13.%20love.gif
It sure did! :D

Quote:
Heya Polarix (a.k.a. me in disguise :D)
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from double posting. Even if you're using two different accounts.

Darn it! This post is technically a double post, because I'm you and you're him and he's her and she's it and it's them. I knew it was them all along!!
Oh yes! I'm ever so sorry D:

Haha, contradicting yourself are you?

(You're me and I'm him and he's her and she's it and it's them.
I knew so too!!)

Oh, G, I need to ask:
What counts for the Dragon portion of the Yearly Quest? Is it a Dragon Type or a Dragon-looking pokemon?

300 Snivy.
200 Pikachu. I know I'm not getting very far with these, but I really want shiny Snivy.

Quote:
As for your Legendary Quest, good luck! I was planning on doing something similar since I like almost all the Sinnoh Legends. I would join you but I have no access to Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus and I don't really like Uxie/Azelf. Which leaves few legendaries xD But I'll be more than happy to join you for Giratina/Dialga/Palkia, if you'd like!

TSE.

P.S. Anyone coming on the IRC anytime soon? :)

Sure! I'm getting to Newmoon island/Flower Paradise/Spear Pillar by AR,
but I know you don't have one. So sure, join me for the dragons!

And I'm on the IRC now, don't know if you've noticed.
Ahh, yes. DRAGONS!!! Snivy soon!!
You were on the IRC in the past.. but not in the present.... Mwahaha....

I've got a treat, everyone! At last, userbars!
Feel free to put these in your sig, hopefully they'll draw attention to the club. Thanks to TheShinyEevee for telling me to use Paint.NET!

Ajn74X

URL: http://bit.ly/Ajn74X

The first one. Length went a little awry here, I'm too lazy to fix it.

wnr1Cw

URL: http://bit.ly/wnr1Cw

w3RGep

URL: http://bit.ly/w3RGep

The third one, and my favorite.

zuECeg

URL: http://bit.ly/zuECeg

Made especially for TheShinyEevee.

wuTXgv

URL: http://bit.ly/wuTXgv

The last one. Porygon FTW!

Hope you like them, and if anyone wants one with a custom Pokémon/color, VM me, and I'll see what we can do. (not all sprites fit into the bar)
-----
EDIT: 316 Snivy. I decided my Sinnoh quest is not just legends, but every SRable Pokemon. Meaning that Eevee's back on! Also, while Valentine's day didn't give me any luck, *looks jealously at TheShinyEevee and her shiny Riolu* I'm starting to think my shiny holiday will be Family day, a bank holiday on the 3rd Monday in February that is unknown to many Americans, (TSE will know about it) but I think it may be the day Snivy finally shows.
I LOVE THEM! (You're weclome :D) I love those userbars!
And I promise I'll make some soon....
Oh, awesome! I don't know if I've already picked up any SRables on Platinum. I need s list...
Good luck with that! I hope it will be (or sooner).

I just want to share a bit of shiny news. My sister now has a shiny Staravia! She was going to chain it, but actually found it before the chain started! Of all shiny Pokemon my sister and I have, we now have one legitimate 1 in 8000 chance shiny! Her Staravia in Diamond and my Tangela in Crystal. Yay!
Congratulations to your sister! :D

So far no luck hatched about 70 eeve eggs :( but i have high hopes for it :) i really want a shiny jolteon
Good luck! I hope you get it soon!!

Just over 1300 eggs for Charmander =/
Thanks ShinySeacher01 for the styling new banner and good luck on that shiny quest i want to partake on a quest like that some day
Welcome to the Club GolurkisdaBomb
hoping I get charmander soon so I can move onto Axew, oh btw I figured out where I am going to hunt next Mistralton Cave
good luck to everyone on there respective hunts
(sorry for the short post just got ungrounded still trying to catch up with everything)
): I hope he/she comes soon. I think you'll get it before 1800. That's my guess :)

Wow, there has been an explosion in activity.

Welcome all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

Happy belated birthday, Epic-Latios-Fan!

*slips on the luck that was spilt from the luck buckets*

My streak of bad luck is over!!! My first Masuda Method Shiny!!! I'm shocked I won the race. I had an 8 month drought. With a shiny Eevee I can finally get a shiny Umbreon, my favorite shiny. :)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I got it on egg number 86. I got it before I got one with a Careful nature, which I was hatching for. Later on, 3 out of the last 4 had a Careful nature after hatching none before that. It has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack. I've hatched about 4,800 eggs using the Masuda Method.

Hehe, "explosion"! BOOM!
Oh, sorry. I'm waiting for someone to use that last bit of lukc. Why don't you take it for Litwick?

CONGRATULATIONS! We share our first Masuda Shiny :D I'm glad you got a quick(er) hunt, you deserve it :)

As for myself:
Up to 1126 Eggs for Snivy. Come on little green guy!!
Also, I know this isn't an art forum but it's shiny related:
Spoiler:

[[Don't laugh!!]]

TSE

EDIT: First userbar. Mine seem to be specially for members, so yeah. xD

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01
Sure! I'm getting to Newmoon island/Flower Paradise/Spear Pillar by AR
You don't need to do that! You can get to Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise without AR! There's something called tweaking where you bend the very fibers of reality, become immortal, enter alternate universes, and bike so far to the end of the alternate universe that you actually come out on the other side, which is really this one! It's kind of complicated, but these videos explain it pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdRHx4ql9Dg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8se6l3JR0

The first video was too hard for me to do (I tried 50+ times, "lol), but this one is much, much easier. I'd recommend the following for getting into The Void in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_zb...eature=related

One huge warning: once you get to Seabreak Path, the guide says to go up to a Jubilife Area and save the game. DON'T DO THIS! In order to be extra careful, make sure you open up your Pokedex (or some other menu that takes up the whole screen) beforehand to test if it's a safe and stable interdimensional vortex. If you can open your Pokedex and the game doesn't crash, then it's safe to save. I must've messed up this part/been on a Mystery Zone patch, and when I saved, my game file was deleted. Fortunately I didn't have any shinies on my Pearl at the time and hadn't even gotten my eighth badge yet, so it's wasn't really a big problem. On the off-chance that you do lose your save, you'll still be able to transfer all your Pokemon in your boxes to a 5th gen game; it's just the Pokemon in your party that will be lost forever. But that shouldn't happen if you open the menu once you get to Seabreak Path - if the game freezes at the menu, you'll be able to go back to your last save. You'll have to do the interdimensional spatial warp travel again, but it's a whole lot better than losing your save.
11.%20wink.gif

I spent a lot of time telling you about that warning because I really don't want you to lose your game, but it's a wonderful method! I mean really, what's better than interdimensional traveling to get legit Shaymin/Darkrai (shiny, too!! You can SR!!!!) without an AR?
2.%20laugh.gif
Woah! That's amazing! I might end up doing this. I won't do it on the same file as the others though, I'll probably just reset Platinum when I've got all the shinies and do it then. Thanks G! :D

EDIT:

Guess what....

1234 for Snivy! Hahahah xD

Last edited:

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
Trying to find a Shiny eevee in Celadon by SR's currently down 43 SR's.......
Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the day ;)

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Got totally trolled by pokemon white a few days ago.

Long story short my game decided to die on me, every time I tried to boot the game up I got "save data could not be read". I tried on 2 different DS's and got the same result, and of course it would be the game that all my shinies had been migrated to.

Thankfully after looking around I realised I had most of my shinies backed up via cloning on various games (Diamond, FireRed and Pokemon XD) but even keeping that in mind I still ended up losing 4 shinies that I hadn't backed up, Those shinies being Registeel, Infernape, Luvdisc and probably worst of all, my shiny extremespeed Zigzagoon from pokemon box.

So sometime soon I'm going to start a shiny reclaim quest and get all of them back.

Wish me luck people, and good luck to everyone else currently hunting

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
333 Snivy! Haha!
80 Eevee.
200 Pikachu.

Got totally trolled by pokemon white a few days ago.

Long story short my game decided to die on me, every time I tried to boot the game up I got "save data could not be read". I tried on 2 different DS's and got the same result, and of course it would be the game that all my shinies had been migrated to.

Thankfully after looking around I realised I had most of my shinies backed up via cloning on various games (Diamond, FireRed and Pokemon XD) but even keeping that in mind I still ended up losing 4 shinies that I hadn't backed up, Those shinies being Registeel, Infernape, Luvdisc and probably worst of all, my shiny extremespeed Zigzagoon from pokemon box.

So sometime soon I'm going to start a shiny reclaim quest and get all of them back.

Oh, no! That's terrible! Good luck on your reclaim quest!

TheShinyEevee said:
As for myself:
Up to 1126 Eggs for Snivy. Come on little green guy!!
Also, I know this isn't an art forum but it's shiny related:

[[Don't laugh!!]]

Good luck on Snivy, hopefully he shines for both of us soon. Oh, and:
Spoiler:

TheShinyEevee said:
Ahh, yes. DRAGONS!!! Snivy soon!!
You were on the IRC in the past.. but not in the present.... Mwahaha....
And I now am again..

And a quick question: can in-game trades in HG/SS be SR'd shiny, or are they preset?
Cause I want shiny Beldum, but the steps are crazy, so I'm wondering if I can SR Steven Stone's.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thank you for the congrats!

Long story short my game decided to die on me, every time I tried to boot the game up I got "save data could not be read".

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Good luck on your reclaim quest.

This week's random hunt is... Sunkern!

I'm back to hunting Litwick. I'm thinking about giving up when I hit 3,000. My next hunt will either be Absol or Sandile.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-02-20192905.jpg

well, lookiee here! Another Eyecatch hunt over with!! Took me 4082 encounters (give or take a few hundred, as i kept forgetting to hit my phone counter multiple times). Yes, thats a shiny Staravia, the Pokemon in the Tower kept attacking all my Pokemon and the only one that seemed to work well at escaping was Staravia. for some reason, i forgot to send over a Smoke Ball with my Chinchou. I was talking to Chrdraco for a while in chat til he had dinner, and this guy showed up about an hour later. I was watching Youtube when this guy showed up! as usual, my other pic:

2012-02-20193219.jpg

alright, as for my next hunt in HeartGold, i bypassed Slowpoke's Well until i had Surf so i could hunt for Slowpoke only and NOT get a Fourth Zubat.......So, to Slowpoke's Well it is.

If anyone sees me in that chat room and i dont automatically respond, im either watching Youtube or clicking on GPX+

Edit: and as i found out, i need to get the badge in Ecruteak......so the hunt will have to wait for a little bit

Last edited:

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Heh, Looks like the shiny gods sent me some luck to make up for my previous copy of pokemon white dying on me, look what I just found.

Random shineh

I'm still going on the reclaim quest once I finish ev training my new team, but this is enough for now, thank you pokemon white :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats to Latios Master, Keruso and Vladimir Makarov and their new Shiny Pokemon. :P

Thank you!

Congrats on the shiny Koffing, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Purrloin, Vladimir Makarov!

Litwick: 2,747
Cyndaquil: 11 (ended)
Absol: 62

I'm already getting tired of hatching Absol, so I'll probably switch to Sandile soon.

Back