• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lost World

Years
I like the idea, but in my opinion it needs a little work.

Firstly, can you clarify what happens to the girl best friend (rival?). It sounds like she runs off ahead of you, but you didn't say so. Grrr, I hate it when they do that :P (not a criticism).

For me the story doesn't flow smoothly. What I like:
-It starts in the real world and the pokemon world is also real.
-They know about pokemon as a game.
-The secret scroll.

What I don't like:
-The way the main character discovers the meaning on the scroll.
-The way the female character is introduced.
-The way/reason the heroes go back in time.

I like the way the story happens in Final Fantasy Tactics which has a similar start. The main characters gather together on a cold winters night, open some old book, read from it and that causes the world to change around them. I am not saying to copy that, but to use something similar.

Here is my go at the first part (if you are not interested, that's fine ;)):
Spoiler:

I think it's more like the original pokemon games story, while also keeping the original flare of your idea.

edit:

I forgot to say, I think that the rapidash and arcanine stats should be equal in total, but you should redistribute them to match each pokemon. Eg: Rapidash is faster and has better defense, but arcanine is stronger with higher health.

I'll start with thanks for the feedback.
I probably won't make the player say this, " Grrr, I hate it when they do that." I'd rather stick to the usual side of the game that the player doesn't actually talk... or maybe I could treat it as a thought....?

Now that you bring it up.
-The way the main character discovers the meaning on the scroll.
-The way the female character is introduced.
-The way/reason the heroes go back in time.
I might need to go over the start of it again, and change it slightly. And maybe not have it so vague.

I was playing through Final Fantasy Tactics when I came up with the idea.

Thanks for the little suggestion story, but I probably won't be doing something like that. I want to stay away from the "Normal" storyline, i.e evil team.
But I may come use some aspects of your version of the story.

And this...
I forgot to say, I think that the rapidash and arcanine stats should be equal in total, but you should redistribute them to match each pokemon. Eg: Rapidash is faster and has better defense, but arcanine is stronger with higher health.
Probably won't happen. Because even if you look back at previous games. Charizard has a higher stat total than Venasaur. And surprisingly, the Hoenn starters are the most even pokemon stats. The range from 530-535, while the Kanto and Johto regions range from 525-534.

PS. Arcanine has High Attack and HP, while Rapidash has higher Special Attack and Speed.

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
I just read the entire thing... took me a while, but i must say, this is the makings of a very good hack. Good luck on it, and i will be happy to help with anything.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Just want to say somthing... I think burning down trees and freezing water is not really possible isn't it? But you are a scripter, so it is not very hard for you to do it.

Years
Just want to say somthing... I think burning down trees and freezing water is not really possible isn't it? But you are a scripter, so it is not very hard for you to do it.

Of course it's possible. If it wasn't I wouldn't have added it to the story. They're actually reasonably short scripts.

I'm having a little trouble with an Emerald Rom, so I'm thinking of Changing the Base to either Sapphire or Leaf Green.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Of course it's possible. If it wasn't I wouldn't have added it to the story. They're actually reasonably short scripts.

I'm having a little trouble with an Emerald Rom, so I'm thinking of Changing the Base to either Sapphire or Leaf Green.

That sounds great, I've always wanted to make my own HM's. Or at least ones that were useful. I've definitely got to look into that sort of thing.

Also, I was curious about how the stability of Emerald would hold up to this hack (guess it didn't ♦_♦''). I guess the version you hacked wouldn't really matter IMO; it's all aesthetic to me.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I just finished reading it, it is one of the best ideas i've seen.
Wouldn't the story be different depending on what hero you choose? Cause this is in the boys eyes isn't it, wouldn't the girl go to the boy if you chose the girl? Meh, I probably answered my own question.

But, why Saphire and Leaf Green? They're basically the same as the others, just some offsets are different, so you might have some trouble. Though I doubt it.

I'm looking forward to the next part of the story, and to see what the game progresses into.

(for the burnt trees, wouldn't you just do setmaptiles with tiles you inserted?, thats what I'm thinking anyway...)

Years
That sounds great, I've always wanted to make my own HM's. Or at least ones that were useful. I've definitely got to look into that sort of thing.
Wait... Who said anything about HM's?
Also, I was curious about how the stability of Emerald would hold up to this hack (guess it didn't ♦_♦''). I guess the version you hacked wouldn't really matter IMO; it's all aesthetic to me.
I actually haven't done any hacking at all yet. My computer's just seems to refuse to play an Emerald Rom. I don't know why.

I just finished reading it, it is one of the best ideas i've seen.
Wouldn't the story be different depending on what hero you choose? Cause this is in the boys eyes isn't it, wouldn't the girl go to the boy if you chose the girl? Meh, I probably answered my own question.
Thanks.
I was just going to always have your best friend as a girl whether you were a boy or a girl. It's kind of like how Gary, I mean Blue, was always male. It's just an extra character. Your male/female couterpart will probably have a different role.

But, why Saphire and Leaf Green? They're basically the same as the others, just some offsets are different, so you might have some trouble. Though I doubt it.

I'm looking forward to the next part of the story, and to see what the game progresses into.

The honest answer is I just want to do something different. How many Emerald Hacks do you see? How many Sapphire Hacks do you see? How many Leaf Green hacks do you see? There's probably less of these than active Gold Hacks right now.

(for the burnt trees, wouldn't you just do setmaptiles with tiles you inserted?, thats what I'm thinking anyway...)
Just about right.

Back