• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok Ive tried a lot of fire red codes on this hack I just cant seem to find ant that work, any help please?
Then do not use them.

So is there like 70 pokemons of each Region? 5 regions = 70
It's not distributed that well ;)
It's more like 100-50-70-80-100 (random numbers). It's not exactly 70-70-70-70-70 =)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
The game will not let me play it. Once I downloaded, instead of a .rar file with the IPS patch and something else inside as I saw in a video guide for patching, I merely get a VBA file that won't run. Any advice? Very frustrated ATM.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The game will not let me play it. Once I downloaded, instead of a .rar file with the IPS patch and something else inside as I saw in a video guide for patching, I merely get a VBA file that won't run. Any advice? Very frustrated ATM.
Well... if you have *rar extension set to open with VBA then it's obviously not gonna work...
You need to open it with WinRAR/7zip.

Years
Am I the only one stupid enough to choose bagon, and than get's fcked by liam's dragonair it's speed at the second gym town? :$

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
There is a glitch in the first version. Whenever you finish a cutscene and you walk into the room again after the battle/scene, the battle starts again.

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I just got threw the game(with lots of revives). I think this hack had way to much to do with Legendary Pokémon. I really hope Dark Rising 2 won't have this problem. It seems like too many things had counters to my starter so I couldn't use it as much as I like.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
A pokemon is wielding it as an item, not sure wich one but I believe one of the real starters Cindaquil/Bulbasaur.
Every starter has 50% chance of having Exp. Share.

Am I the only one stupid enough to choose bagon, and than get's fcked by liam's dragonair it's speed at the second gym town? :$
I also chose Bagon but Dragonair wasn't much of a problem...

There is a glitch in the first version. Whenever you finish a cutscene and you walk into the room again after the battle/scene, the battle starts again.
Yeah, one OF MANY =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
Whenever Lust sounds out Claydol in the Elite Four my game crashes, this happened once before in the beginning of the game sp I just skipped the battle but since she is in the ELite Four it's kinda hard to skip her -_- is there anyway I could go around her?

Back