• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turbo

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Code:
##inside module Input which is inside PokemonSystem

def self.update
    update_KGC_ScreenCapture
    if trigger?(Input::F8)
      pbScreenCapture
    end
    if trigger?(Input::F7)
      pbDebugF7
    end
    if trigger?(Input::ALT)
      pbTurbo()
    end
    end
end

##above pbDeBugf7 ,BUT OUTSIDE module Input, inside  PokemonSystem
def pbTurbo()  
		if Graphics.frame_rate==40
			Graphics.frame_rate=100
		else
			Graphics.frame_rate=40
		end	
	end
Working, copy paste easy turbo. Works on all screens, but does not keep day/night lighting while in use however.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Cool, looks a ton better than the buggy one I posted ages ago. Especially the fact yours runs on input triggers and not a switch.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Yeah, fighting with yours made me make this. I got lucky with the printscreen function however.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I always meant to update the damn thing lol, never got around to it. Sorry it caused issues ^~^'

Anyway, this will come in handy for testing. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Hey, can you help me? I'm trying to add this script but just make it work while in a battle and while pressing control. I don't know how to add this to make work just while battling.
Code:
if input.trigger?(Input::CTRL)
        Graphics.frame_rate = 160
    else
        Graphics.frame_rate = 40
end

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Use Input.press?(key) instead of Input.trigger?(key). The .press? method is what detects whether you're holding the key. The .trigger? method returns true only when the key is pushed down, and only at the beginning.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Use Input.press?(key) instead of Input.trigger?(key). The .press? method is what detects whether you're holding the key. The .trigger? method returns true only when the key is pushed down, and only at the beginning.
Thanks, but anyway I don't know how to paste the code to work only in battles. Can you help me with that?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Thanks to Luka this is a single button turbo. Thanks for the tip.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
How can I use this a with the following pokemon script? because if i add both only one of them works. -.-

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
It works fine with Help 14's script for me. This still works in PE 15 too.

I'm a code monkey at best though, so I doubt I can help you too much. Does it crash or just not work?

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I'm on Pokemon Essentials 15.1 now. I have the Gen 6 Addon, Elite Battle, Helper 14's updated follower script, and a several other scripts installed.

I confirm that this still works.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
Changing to 40 to 60 makes the game really smooth, fun to play with other parameters, anyways, what's the perfect framerate to play like pokemon gen V games?

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
This is really nice and works perfectly! I didn't know it was possible to reach 60FPS on Essentials.

Did someone got to run the game at ~60FPS without accelerating it?

I think gen 5 games ran at 60FPS. Usually Nintendo tends to make their games run at 60FPS when they can.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
This is really nice and works perfectly! I didn't know it was possible to reach 60FPS on Essentials.

Did someone got to run the game at ~60FPS without accelerating it?

I think gen 5 games ran at 60FPS. Usually Nintendo tends to make their games run at 60FPS when they can.

In RGSS2Compatibility

Line #72 change

Code:
Graphics.frame_rate=40

to 60

Enjoy Essentials like PC master race (?)

GG Saturn NL

GG Saturn NL
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
does anyone know how to implement this in pokemon essentials 17.2 cause it doesn't seem to be working for me

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
does anyone know how to implement this in pokemon essentials 17.2 cause it doesn't seem to be working for me
Greetings, fan-dev in the making!
I'm pretty much still a novice to fan-development, so I know as much as you,
plus I don't know which issue you ran into nor where the script ought be pasted,
not to mention that the script might not function on the most recent 17,2 version.
I thus cannot help with the script BUT, if it's the frames per second increase you
seek for, being myself interested I started digging and... *miniremo noises*
I have a few tips!
Spoiler:

Hope any of this comes in handy. Cheers!

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hey! I want to put that only in battle scene for the players uses. How can i do it?

(and 'other' to me, the dev, to everything lol)

ty ty!

Back