• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed Minus (GBC demake)

Years
Can You Please Upload Screenshots Of All The Maps Please?

That's too much work now when I could be working on the scripts. However, I planned on doing that anyway in the final phase of the hack when I need to double check all the maps to compare them to the originals so your request will be met eventually.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
That's too much work now when I could be working on the scripts. However, I planned on doing that anyway in the final phase of the hack when I need to double check all the maps to compare them to the originals so your request will be met eventually.

OK Then. Please Continue With The Great Job!

Years
Hey y'all. Sorry for being absent for a while. Turns out mapping was the most fun part of the hack and now tweaking the scripts has not been able to keep my drive to do this very strong. Anyway here's the museum guide in action
y86eokl.png

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Can you please include some sort of event to catch Mew and make her obey us in battle (unlike she did in FireRed)?

She was part of the original 151, after all...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Can you please include some sort of event to catch Mew and make her obey us in battle (unlike she did in FireRed)?
She was part of the original 151, after all...
... What?
Underlined stuff aside, the obedience thing is trivial, you literally only need to open the ROM in a hex editor, go to 0x1D402, replace 97 with 00 and that's it.

ON: I just came to check how this project was doing, glad to see it is kind of alive.
Please don't let it die no matter what KrustyKong, if you lose interest try giving it to someone else or just plain release it in its current state.

Years
hey yall. i would love to use this as sort of an archive for my progress but dont want to update it with every little change.
anyway right now up to mt moon is done but ive encountered an odd glitch. I made a help thread about it so hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Years
I started school this month so I've been kinda busy with that (wow an actual excuse besides laziness lol). I got the Rival Battle in Cerulean done and am now working on Bill. I'm not sure how to alter the Teleporter's animations though. im guessing it has to do with these special commands in the script. For this one, since the original cutscene has no animations i guess I could just delete them, but I'm gonna have to learn how to actually change them eventually.

Years
This looks great so far. Have you considered adding a Johto tileset to the game (buildings/colour-roofs, trees etc.) for those who want to re-hack it or use it for a rom base? Also will the people sprites be gsc style aswell?

Years
This looks great so far. Have you considered adding a Johto tileset to the game (buildings/colour-roofs, trees etc.) for those who want to re-hack it or use it for a rom base? Also will the people sprites be gsc style aswell?

I think you'll find all your questions are answered in the OP.

Vagrant Pixels

Pixel Artist
Years
I just dusted off my PC account to come here and say this is awesome. Keep it up.

Also sent you an inbox offering collab (I'll do your graphics!).

Years
Wow! Nice to see someone tackle this!

I attempted to do this many many years ago but I had a hard time remapping due to my low attention span lol

Can't wait to see the full thing! Good luck!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
This is really cool, I like the choice of GSC art! Always loved the Crystal sprites

Back