• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Which version do you plan on getting?

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Definitely Eevee!!! I love pikachu as well but Eevee has always been in my top five favorite pokemon.

Last edited:

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
Years
My boyfriend is a pretty big fan of Eevee and I like Eevee more so I'm definitely getting the Eevee version. I may be tempted to get the Pikachu version instead if the version exclusives are better. Well, that's if they have them haha

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I'm so torn. I like them both. If they were able to evolve I'd probably go Pikachu hands down, because I love Raichu. But if they can't evolve, then I'll probably go with Eevee.

Probably. Such a hard choice!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Seeing that we can't evolve Eevee anymore (which makes no sense whatsoever) I am definitely getting LGP. Say what you want about Pikachu, but you can work with one if you know what your doing with it. Eevee looks adorable, but my issue is that it doesn't get any good moves leveling up. The whole point of the starter is to be a base pokemon so that got thrown out the window for me.

Hopefully we get some new items to work with to make Pikachu and Eevee a bit better.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Eevee is too adorable to resist. I really want to have one ride on my head. Since neither can evolve, it comes down to which would be most useful on my team.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Eevee, because I'm already planning to catch a Pikachu on Virtual Console Blue when I get it.

In light of the news that your starter Pokemon won't be able to evolve, I'm actually considering having a full no-evolutions team, made up of single-stage Pokemon, Pokemon whose evolutions I dislike, and Pokemon whose evolutions might not be available (like Porygon & Steelix). Eevee can be the mascot :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Despite everything I've said about Eevee being a weird choice, I'd still prob pick Let's go Eevee purely to see if they can change my mind :P

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I'd pick Eevee only in hopes I can evolve the thing

They confirmed you can't evolve it, but you can catch both pikachu/eevee in the wild so both games are kinda the same tbh

But yeah, I'm getting both. I'm even considering getting the poke ball joycon bundles for both. Yeah, it's a bit much but I think it's worth it personally

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Damn, GF can't even do the version exclusive marketing gimmick right anymore. Well, I'll still get Eevee because I like it more than Pikachu for sure. Actually I'll wait a couple of days and maybe weeks and see if the game is worth getting in the first place. But if I do, eevee it is.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
To be honest I don't know.
I was planning to buy HG or SS for 'sis(since her crystal game had the internal battery run dry),
and perhaps get the opposite counterpart so we can play in tandem(I think...),
and maybe also a few side-games(Ranger and Mystery Dungeon).
Then, the plan would be to move on to B&W, B2W2(Conquest side-game?),
finally getting a 3DS and moving thus to the releases on that console.
I don't know if we will ever get a Switch console(it's still a bit early to tell).
Besides, before doing any of this I gotta get myself an employment,
and considering where I live, Ash will be grown by the time I get one...
Oh, did anyone see in the trailer how the starting pikachu & eevee can be given clothing?

Years
I am in no position to choose right now (don't own a Switch) but if I had to pick it would probably be Pikachu. Just hope Raichu is in the game too.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I wanted LGE, but the fact that you cannot evolve the starter makes Eevee pretty useless so I'll likely get LGP if I end up buying a Switch for this. I'm still torn about whether this game is even worth it, or if I should just wait for main gen.

Years
I'm probably going to go for Eevvee just because I started with Pikachu in yellow and Eevee is one of my favourite pokemon.

Back