• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why is Chimecho the LAST pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 27, 2020
So when i open Pokemon Game Editor,Chimecho is the LAST pokemon on the list. Is this a glitch or did they program Chimecho last-second?

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
So when i open Pokemon Game Editor,Chimecho is the LAST pokemon on the list. Is this a glitch or did they program Chimecho last-second?

It's probably due to it's hexadecimal index number. Idk what it is for chimecho in 3rd Gen, but that's probably the reason why.

It's like Dec#001 being Rhydon despite it not being in the place of bulba in the pokedex.

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021

It is pretty weird, i must agree with ya.

Eeek... took me a while to confirm it. Online, they only wanna show hex index spreadsheets for 1st & 2nd Gen, and nothing else. Don't own a computer, so I had to screw around with a few online poke hex editors to get my answer. xD

Shiny Ebottian Eevee, your editor is showing the Pokemon by Dec# through a hexadecimal index, the old school way. Chimecho is close to the last on this sort of listing.
... probably due to the actual order GF made it for the game.

Depending on the editor itself, wether it's aimed more towards the ROM hacking end or just a standard editor for generating Pokemon via inject code.. they display the Pokemon rosters differently. Most I ran into, for the typical player, display it by the actual pokedex listing. But the further I was getting into programs that were aimed more towards ROM hacking, the Pokemon were displayed in order by it's hexadecimal, with Chimecho being almost at the end of the RSE list.

The only reason why know about this sort of stuff is because I ran so much arbitrary execution code in the past. Back in the day of 1st & 2nd Gen, hexadecimal indexes itself were a must if you wanted to execute almost anything at a whim.

Last edited:
Back